Friday, July 29, 2011

QPR Report Friday Update: Takeover Speculation...Squad Numbers Released Early Next Week (Probably)

-

-
- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
_____________________________________________________________________________________

SQUAD NUMBERS FORTHCOMING
QPR's Ian Taylor: "For all those asking ... We're expecting to announce the #QPR squad numbers early next week" http://twitter.com/IJTaylor81

- Year Flashback: Bradley Orr Joins QPR

- Guide to Football Grounds... Guide to Loftus Road

- QPR XI Beat Buckland Athletic

- Cesena-QPR Reports, Photos, Videos

- World Cup Qualifiers: India Knocked out

- USA Axe Coach Bob Bradley

- Four Year Flashback: "QPR Chief Paladini to Sell Up"

- UDPATED: Europe's Top Clubs Threaten Revolt. Fan Reaction

- FA Reportedly Given Year to Reform or Else Legislation

- Flashback: The 1959/1960 Season

- Year Flashback: Vine and Pellicori Reportedly Set to Exit QPR

- A Statistical Guide to Points Needed to Stay Up


MAIL - Sami Mokbel and Alex Kay - Lotus chief and West Ham fan Fernandes poised to buy QPR for £100m

-Air Asia tycoon Tony Fernandes is plotting a £100million move to buy Queens Park Rangers.
Sportsmail understands the multi-millionaire businessman, who is team principal for Formula One outfit Team Lotus, is growing increasingly confident of striking a deal to take control of the Barclays Premier League club.
- Fernandes, 47, has already been shown around Loftus Road and talked to manager Neil Warnock about transfer funds as Rangers plan for their return to the top flight.
Co-owner Bernie Ecclestone has said £100m would be enough to take over the west London club. Ecclestone holds a 62 per cent shareholding and although business partner Flavio Briatore has an option to buy the shares if the 80-year-old decides to sell, it is believed the pair have given Fernandes the go-ahead for the move.
- The club's other shareholder Lakshmi Mittal has failed to secure Ecclestone's shares after refusing to meet the asking price.
- A QPR statement confirmed 'preliminary discussions' had taken place over the sale. West Ham fan Fernandes lost out to David Gold and David Sullivan in his bid to buy the Hammers in January 2010 but claimed earlier this year that he was still looking to invest in the club. Mail

- Couple of relatively-recent pieces re Fernandes/Football/West Ham & Norwich


QPR Official Site/July 28, 2011 CLUB STATEMENT
- On 4th March 2011 the Company (QPR Holdings Limited) announced that it was in preliminary discussions with a potential purchaser.
- At the time the Takeover Panel confirmed that should those discussions result in an offer being made for the Company, the offer would be subject to the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the Code), even if such an offer was made after 2nd April 2011, being the date on which the Company ceased to be to the Code, due to it being de-listed 10 years previously.
- The Company confirms that these discussions came to an end in March 2011.
- Since the end of these discussions, the Company has entered into preliminary discussions with a different party and can confirm that these discussions and any subsequent transaction would not be subject to the Code.
- Accordingly the Company confirms that is it no longer in an offer period for the purposes of the Code.
- We will be making no further comment at stage. QPR


THE SUN - NEIL WARNOCK plans to make Spurs reject Robbie Keane his last signing of the summer.

QPR boss Warnock is after the Republic of Ireland striker on a season-long loan as he has no money to spend.
Wolves also want Keane, 31, but he prefers a London club.
Warnock said: "They've made it clear to me we've got to try and get value for money and not to spend transfer fees.
"Look at the players I've brought in, Kieron Dyer and Jay Bothroyd. It's not all doom and gloom."
Rangers are in the top flight for the first time since 1996 - and Bradley Orr insists they will fight to stay there.
Defender Orr said: "We have men in this dressing room who would die for each other.
"When you know you can look a team-mate in the eye and see he's given everything for the cause, that makes for a really positive team spirit."
Skipper Adel Taarabt made his first pre-season appearance in QPR's 1-0 defeat to Cesena in Italy last night.
- Moroccan playmaker Taarabt, 22, has been linked with a switch to Paris St Germain.
- But majority shareholders Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore say he will not be leaving during the transfer window.
- Orr added: "Adel is our captain and talisman." The Sun


Fulham Chronicle/Jacob Murtagh - Defender makes QPR vow
- PETER Ramage admits he is at the back of the queue - but the QPR defender is determined to force his way into Neil Warnock’s starting XI.

The former Newcastle United centre back was surprisingly offered a new deal at Loftus Road this summer - despite making just four appearances last season after being sidelined for eight months with a knee injury.

Ramage is one of six players fighting for a place in the heart of the Rangers back line following the arrival of Danny Gabbidon.

The 27-year-old is desperate to force his way to the front of the queue and prove his worth.

He said: "I’ve got to repay the gaffer. He’s been good to me, now it’s my turn to prove he made the right decision. Hopefully I can impress during games and give him a tough decision.

“I want to play centre half - it’s always been my best position. There’s a lot of us but that’s healthy.

“Whoever has the shirt deserves it, but knows they have to perform because there’s hungry players behind them.

“I’m probably at the back of the queue but I’m mentally strong enough to try and force my way in."

Ramage was left out of the tour to Italy this week, along with fellow first-teamers Danny Shittu, Martin Rowlands, Lee Cook and Rob Hulse, to get game time with Robbie Jepson’s reserves.

However, he insists he will be fully fit and raring to go by the time the action gets under way for real against Bolton on August 13.

He added: "It’s never nice being injured, especially when the lads are doing well.

“It’s tough being a part of it from the outside. But I’m feeling good. It’s about getting as many games as I can over pre-season.

“If I can do that hopefully I can push for a starting spot against Bolton
http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/07/29/defender-makes-qpr-vow-82029-29137017/#ixzz1TTVCXUkn


QPR Official Site - U-18s IN TIP-TOP SHAPE FOR SEASON

While the focus at Loftus Road centres firmly around Neil Warnock and his Football League Champions' return to the top-flight next term, Steve Gallen's Under-18s continue to go under the radar as they prepare to kick-off the new season as holders of the Youth Alliance League trophy.

And how well preparations are going, too.

It's been a busy old time for Gallen, his backroom team and players alike, with the latter being put through their paces to ensure they're in peak condition to start the season against Luton Town in two weeks' time.

A recent trip to Germany for the Under-18s has just been followed by four fixtures in the space of the past week or so.

It's not necessarily about winning at youth level but Gallen's side are certainly adding results to their performances, having won eight and lost just one of their nine pre-season fixtures to date - and claiming victory in all four of their games over that six-day period.

A 3-1 victory over Boreham Wood kicked-off that run of four straight wins last Wednesday, where Bradley Simmonds' superb long-range effort and goals from Antonio German and Connor Hubble secured the win.

Two days later and Gallen's side were again on the right side of victory, this time against a highly-rated Crystal Palace side where, despite being out of possession for much of the game, Rangers stole a 1-0 win thanks to a Tobi Adekunle effort.

The Under-18s then made a five-hour trip to Cornwall for a mini-tour of the South West, where Jordan Walker's 20-yard strike secured a 1-0 victory over Liskeard Athletic on Sunday.

And that's before the young R's claimed an emphatic 8-1 victory over St Austell just two days later, after Ben Brown was amongst the scorers with an impressive four goals.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Gallen said: "It's been a busy but enjoyable two weeks for the lads, and their behaviour has been excellent.

"We've played some lovely football and scored some very good goals.

"Frankie Sutherland travelled with us to Cornwall, having been out since March through injury.

"We have to be cautious with him. He's a couple of weeks away from being fully fit. However, although he's not ready, it's great to have him back training with us again.

"I must also reserve a special mention for the QPR fans that came down - some from quite a distance - and made an effort to watch us play in Cornwall.

"I can't thank you enough for your support."

Gallen added: "There's a fortnight to go until our first game of the season against Luton and we're in great shape.

"We're in a good place at the moment and in excellent form.

"We can't make any presumptions and know the hard test that Luton will pose, but we'll be ready.

"It would be nice to retain the title but that's not our main aim - developing players is.

"If we can start producing players for the First Team - like Bruno Andrade, who continues to progress - then we'll all be overjoyed."

The Under-18s round-off their tour of Cornwall with a trip to Elburton Villa in Plymouth tonight (Thursday) - kick-off 7pm. QPR


- QPR's Championship Medal Sold for just under 1,000 Pounds (Proceeds to QPR in the Community Trust)

- Assessing Premiership Summer Transfers Thus Far (Including QPR)

- Updated Ecclestone Comment re German Bribery Allegation

- Kudos to Chelsea: Make an Official Complaint to Malaysian FA re Anti-Semitic Abuse

- Play "Spot The Ball"

- "How clubs lost control of the football kit"

- Premiership Relegation Odds

- An Early Preview of QPR vs Bolton

- Premiership Rules re Kits

- VANISHED WITHOUT NOTICE! The Club's Official Messageboard

- Still No QPR Offical Site Update re the Status of the Official Supporters Club (OSC). Despite Committee Resignations.

- Home Ticket Price Information

- Something to Look Forward to: Flashback from June Official Site: "Plans are already afoot for a pre-season celebration, once the players return to training in July" - QPR


QPR Pre-Season Fixtures 2011/12

Saturday 30th July - Trofeo Bortolotti Tournament (a) 8.00pm onwards

Tuesday 2nd August - Crawley Town (a) 7.45pm

Friday August 5 - Vs Luton (A)
QPR