QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 30, 2012

QPR Report Monday Update: Signings & Departures?...Chelsea...Aston Villa...Flashback: "Red Nose Day" Protest


- Bert Adinall (RIP): Would Have been 91 Today - Bert Addinall middle of the Front Row - (Back row: Left to Right: Lew Clayton John Poppitt Harry Brown George Powell Des Farrow Reg Chapman. Front Row Seated: Left to Right: Billy Waugh Conway Smith, Bert Addinall, Harry Gilberg Ernie Shepherd).
- For comprehensive and latest QPR news-related pieces and discussion, visit the football-only, somewhat-different QPR Report Messageboard. All QPR Perspectives genuinely welcomed! Or comment on any of the articles posted below - QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- NEXT: Aston Villa: Flashback Results/Shared Players/Photos/Video

- Updated QPR Transfer Gossip Articles (Go to last page and work back!)

- Two Year Flashback: "Red Nose Day" Protest vs Briatore - as Mick Harford's QPR Crash at Home to Scunthorpe

- Compilation of QPR vs Chelsea Match Reports

- Today's QPR Birthdays: Peter Crouch turns 31...Bert Adinall (RIP) would have been 91)


- Photo Compilation of QPR and Chelsea Fans and the Security/Police Measures
- See Also: 130 Photos from QPR vs Chelsea

- Oliver Holt/The Mirror -Oliver Holt on bullets and boos - the cost of being black and standing your ground

- Ex-QPR Director, Kevin Steele (Under Caliendo-Paladini) Sentenced to 5 1/2 Prison - and Steele/QPR Flashbacks


Dave McIntyre/West London Sport
QPR look to offload unwanted players

QPR are set to step up efforts to offload their unwanted players and reduce the size of their huge squad.

Norwegian misfit Petter Vaagan Moen is looking for a new club having failed to make an impact since his move to Loftus Road.

And the likes of Martin Rowlands, Patrick Agyemang, Lee Cook, Bruno Perone, Dan Shittu, Rowan Vine and Gary Borrowdale will all cut their ties with Rangers before their contracts expire if a financial agreement can be reached.

“We’re near to the transfer window closing and these decisions have got to be made.”

Discussions took place with some of those players prior to Mark Hughes’ recent appointment and the new manager intends to make a fresh effort to pay them up and move them on.

Hughes said: “It was an option discussed with a number prior to me getting the job here. We’ll have to revisit those conversations and see if they’re appropriate now.”

But Hughes also admitted he had sympathy for the likes of Hogan Ephraim and Rob Hulse, who have endured a period of uncertainty since his arrival.

They were set to leave after being told they would not feature under Warnock, but Hughes put a temporary block on outgoing transfers in order to assess all of the squad he inherited.

Hughes has no plans to hand them a reprieve, with confirmation of their availability alerting a number of clubs.

Ephraim is set to move on.
Ephraim is a target for a couple of Championship sides and League One leaders Charlton, where he spent a spell on loan this season, while Hulse last year snubbed a loan move to Doncaster because his family now live in the south.

Clint Hill’s future is also in some doubt following the arrival of Nigerian left-back Taye Taiwo, while Bradley Orr has been made available to other clubs.

Hughes told West London Sport: “I’ve been really impressed by Bradley to be fair. But we’re near to the transfer window closing and these decisions have got to be made.

“There are players who had been told that maybe their future lay elsewhere prior to me coming in and they made plans - then all of a sudden there’s been a change [of manager].

“That put a few guys in two minds over whether or not they might have a future here.

“It’s been difficult because we’re right in the middle of a transfer window. Ideally you would give everybody a real crack of the whip.

“We’ve tried to get an understanding of what we’ve got in the building while at the same time try to win matches, and that’s been difficult. West London Sport

Paul Warbutron/Fulham Chronicle - QPR ready to terminate six contracts

QPR are set to terminate the contracts of six players in an overcrowded training ground that could also herald surprise loan exits for Clint Hill and Bradley Orr.

The two full backs have been part of new boss Mark Hughes’s squads, with Hill starting the last eight games including Saturday’s FA Cup defeat to Chelsea where he was unlucky to concede the match-winning penalty.

However, the imminent arrival of Taye Taiwo on loan from AC Milan and Armand Traore returning from the African Cup of Nations duty sees Hill (pic) down the pecking order. And the Liverpool-born defender already admitted he planned to sort out his Rs future this month.

Hughes revealed the option to pay up others was discussed before he arrived, and was ready to wield an axe sharpened by previous manager Neil Warnock.

The most likely to leave with some sort of settlement on their remaining deals are Martin Rowlands, Lee Cook, Petter Vaagan Moen, Gary Borrowdale, Bruno Andrade and Rowan Vine – none of whom have featured in Rangers Premier League campaign.

Patrick Agyemang and Hogan Ephraim are also thought be looking for new clubs either as loanees or as permanent signings.

Hughes said: “There are a few guys in two minds as to whether they have a future here. And we’ve tried to involve people in the training that wasn’t happening before. But there will come a moment when we’ve got to name a 25-man squad and that might affect players’ decisions.

“(Paying up contracts) was an option discussed with a number prior to me getting the job here.

“So we’ll have to revisit those conversations and see if they’re appropriate now.” Fulham Chronicle

Dave McIntyre/West London Sport - Defender Orr set for Loftus Road exit

Defender Bradley Orr has been made available by QPR ahead of the transfer deadline.

The 29-year-old was told prior to Neil Warnock’s sacking as manager that his future probably lay elsewhere.

And with the signing of Nedum Onuoha having pushed him further down the pecking order, Orr will be allowed to leave Loftus Road either on a permanent basis or on loan if an offer is made.

Warnock’s successor Mark Hughes placed a temporary block on players leaving the club in order to assess his squad, but has now paved the way for Orr to move on.

Two Championship clubs have shown an interest in the full-back, who joined Rangers from Bristol City in the summer of 2010 in what was effectively an exchange deal involving Damion Stewart.

He played over 250 times for City during six years at Ashton Gate and has made 39 league appearances for QPR, six of them coming this season. West London Sport

Guardian/Dominic Fifield

QPR co-owner calls for video challenge system for referee decisions
• Amit Bhatia unhappy at award of crucial Chelsea penalty
• QPR sign midfielder Samba Diakité on loan from Nancy

The Queens Park Rangers co-owner and vice-chairman, Amit Bhatia, has called for the introduction of a challenge system similar to that used in cricket and tennis after seeing the club eliminated from the FA Cup by Chelsea courtesy of a dubious penalty.

The referee, Mike Dean, awarded the visitors a spot-kick just after the hour on Saturday when Daniel Sturridge fell to the turf under challenge from Clint Hill. Contact appeared minimal, with QPR incensed at the decision as Juan Mata converted the resultant spot-kick.

The Rangers manager, Mark Hughes, said Sturridge had gone down "a little bit easily" and claimed Dean had told his goalkeeper, Paddy Kenny, that he had felt obliged to give the penalty "because the lad was about to head the ball in, which wasn't my take on it, to be perfectly honest".

"A very unfortunate penalty," said Bhatia via Twitter. "I'm convinced it's time to allow the challenge system in football. Almost all other sports around the world allow it now. We have to have some kind of video replay system so that harsh decisions can be reviewed. So much is at stake in every game. In a season when results count, every decision really does matter and I can already think of a few decisions that have cost us points [in the Premier League].

"And it's not just us, but all the other clubs too. Mistakes are made. Decisions are difficult and that's fine, but why not allow those difficult decisions to be reviewed? One challenge per half per manager wouldn't slow the game down by any more than 30 seconds. I think it's got to happen. Every fan and player in the land would appreciate a fair review of a difficult decision. It's not rocket science. And my rant isn't about today's decision. It's a general observation about football and applies to us all who want fairer decisions."

Those sentiments were shared by the QPR captain, Joey Barton, who described the penalty award as "very, very soft" having seen footage of the incident. "Sturridge stepping on that landmine does not help the ref, either," he tweeted. "This is why referees should be allowed to look at penalty and red card decisions during the game. These things are happening every week now. Something needs to be done. [It's] ruining the game."

QPR hope to strengthen their squad ahead of the closure of the transfer window on Tuesday night, with attempts ongoing are to recruit the former Liverpool and Sunderland striker Djibril Cissé from Lazio, and have completed a loan move for Nancy's Mali midfielder Samba Diakité. The latter was granted permission on Sunday to fly from Gabon, where he is competing in the Africa Cup of Nations, to undergo a medical with the Londoners and finalise a move.The Nancy president, Jacques Rousselot, said there was "an option to make the move permanent for €4m [£3.5m] at the end of the season if QPR remain in the Premier League". Guardian

About Thomson Reuters
Soccer-Mali midfielder Diakite joins QPR on loan
Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03pm GMT

NANCY, France Jan 29 (Reuters) - Mali midfielder Samba Diakite has joined Queens Park Rangers from Nancy on loan until the end of the season, the Ligue 1 club said on Sunday.

Diakite, 23, had been allowed by Mali coach Alain Giresse to fly from Gabon, where he is playing in the African Nations Cup, to London to sign his contract.

"It will become a permanent transfer if the London club stay in the Premier League," Nancy said in a statement.

QPR, who are two points above the Premier League relegation zone, will have to wait to see when Diakite can join them as it will depend on how far Mali get in the African Nations Cup which runs until Feb. 12.

Mali are third in their four-team group with three points from two games, level on points with second-placed Guinea with one Group D game to play. The top two teams in a group go through to the quarter-finals.

(Reporting by Dimitri Rahmelow; Writing by Julien Pretot; Editing by Sonia Oxley; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)

29/01/2012 - Nancy Official Site
Diakité a signé à QPR

Samba Diakité est officiellement prêté au club anglais de Queens Park Rangers jusqu'à la fin de la saison. Ce prêt se transformera automatiquement en transfert définitif en cas de maintien du club londonien, actuellement 16e avec deux points d'avance sur le premier relégable. Actuellement au Gabon avec la sélection malienne pour y disputer la CAN, le joueur a bénéficié d’une permission du sélectionneur Alain Giresse pour effectuer l’aller-retour à Londres afin de passer la visite médicale puis de signer son contrat.


Article re Icelandic Footballers - Including of Course Heidar Helguson
"...celand has by far the most English Premier League players per capita of all countries, four in total. In fact, Iceland has more EPL players than quite a few much more populous countries, such as Russia and Mexico to name but a couple.

One of them is QPR‘s Heiðar Helguson, who shouldn‘t need any introduction. The 34- year-old striker has been enjoying a marvellous season with Rangers and is their top goalscorer with seven league goals and one in the FA Cup. It will be interesting to see what impact Mark Hughes‘ arrival will have on his squad status, but it will be hard for the Welshman to ignore his contribution at Loftus Road....World Soccer

Soccerway - Taarabt furious over Morocco exit

Morocco forward Adel Taarabt has expressed his anger at seeing his country suffer a group stage exit from the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Atlas Lions surprisingly bowed out of the competition on Friday after being defeated 3-2 by host nation Gabon, but the QPR star admits their elimination was justified following a couple of below-par performances in Group C.

"I am very angry about our early elimination from the cup - we played terrible and we disappointed our fans," Taarabt told Itasport.

As a result of Morocco's failings, Taarabt revealed he wants to bounce back as quickly as possible by resuming his Premier League sojourn with QPR, who have enjoyed a recent upturn in fortunes with the appointment of Mark Hughes.

"I want to return to QPR and help the team as soon as I can. I'm happy to go back to London, but to leave without even a victory is really disappointing," the former Lens man said.
Morocco play out their remaining group match against Niger on Tuesday Soccerway

The Sweeper understands that the approach, believed to have been made last autumn, received a lukewarm response because of Fulham’s plans to expand the club’s home since 1896.

A planning application to develop the Riverside Stand and increase Craven Cottage’s capacity to 30,000 from 25,700 was submitted to the council earlier this month. Fulham, who were tenants at Loftus Road between 2002 and 2004 while the Cottage was developed, will only reconsider the possibility of a ground share if the proposal is rejected by the council.

QPR’s first choice is to buy a parcel of land that belongs to the BBC at White City, which is next to the vast Westfield shopping development and adjacent to the A40.

However, the cost of building a 30,000-capacity stadium from scratch in an area where land and construction costs are so expensive is proving prohibitive and the plan to go it alone at the site has been put on ice.

Sources have told The Sweeper that one suggestion that has been aired is for QPR to move from Hammersmith and Fulham to the adjacent borough of Ealing and a site in Acton, which is close enough to the club’s current Shepherd’s Bush home not to anger the hardcore support.

QPR refused to comment on their stadium plans but it is understood that the club’s priority when the transfer window shuts is to source a site for a new training ground.

No stadium share would get off the ground without the approval of Hammersmith and Fulham Borough Council, who insist they have not been pushing for the two clubs, who are 2.5 miles apart, to build a new stadium.

“There is always speculation and rumour about our premiership football clubs,” said a council spokesman. “However, suggestions that Fulham and QPR have held any discussions with the council about a possible ground share are wide of the mark." Goal.com

Blog Archive