QPR History in Photos: From the 1880s to the 21st Century - The Bushman QPR Photo Archives
- Follow QPR REPORT on TWITTER!
12 Years Ago: Merger With Wimbledon Abandoned
"After serious consideration and talks with supporters, the boards of Loftus Road and Queens Park Rangers have decided not to take discussions with Wimbledon Football Club regarding a possible merger, any further.
"Although the proposal had some financial and theoretical merit, the strength of feeling from supporters to maintain the QPR identity and history was overwhelming, and had it gone ahead would have alienated, perhaps irrevocably, a large section of supporters without whom the club could not survive.
"In addition, the board would like to point out that no talks are being held with Ron Noades and Brentford. Discussions, however, continue with other interested parties and the board, together with the administrators, are working hard to secure the best deal for the future of the club."
The team for that final game:
Lee Camp - Gino Padula, Clarke Carlisle, Matthew Rose, Richard Edghill- Gareth Ainsworth, Marc Bircham, Richard Johnson, Martin Rowlands, Paul Furlong, Kevin Gallen - Subs: Arthur Gnohere, Jamie Cureton, Steve Palmer
- Five Years ago today: Luigi De Canio "Shock Departure" - By Mutual Consent
"QPR Official Site - May 8, 2008
QPR Official Statement - "De Canio departs by mutual consent"
Queens Park Rangers Football Club have parted company with First Team Coach Luigi De Canio by mutual consent with immediate effect.
The Club would like to place on the record its thanks to Luigi for his contribution to QPR and wish him all the best for a successful future.
Mr De Canio also wanted to express his gratitude for the opportunity to manage Queens Park Rangers and also for the fantastic experience he had during his time in England.
The Club will be making no further comment at this stage.
An announcement on a successor will be made in due course. QPR
- Two Years Ago Yesterday: FA Faurlingate Ruling....QPR Promoted as Champions (as Lose at home to Leeds)
- Birthday Yesterday for Jim Magilton (Flashback to QPR Arrival and Departure Statements!)
- Six Years ago: The Blitz Loan
- 17 Years ago (couple days) - QPR's Last Relegation from the Premiership
- Birthdays today, for Akos Buzksay (31) and Tony Sealy (54)
- Two Match Suspension (Suspended) for Joey Barton