- Follow QPR REPORT on TWITTER!
- QPR Official Site Twitter Feed almost Quadruples in a year
- 26 Years Ago Today: The Hand of God
- Air Asia on QPR's THREE Match Pre-Season Tour of Asia: Queens Park Rangers to take Asia by storm in July
Forging a strong partnership
AirAsia began its partnership with QPR in the 2011/12 season as sponsor of the third and away shirts. For 2012/2013, the world’s best low cost carrier is proud to be QPR’s Main Club Partner, with the airline’s logos in the playing kit (home, away and third) for the whole season, adding red to the team’s signature blue and white hoops...Air Asia
QPR OFFICIAL SITE
ASIA PRE-SEASON TOUR UPDATE
Posted on: Fri 22 Jun 2012
The Club's pre-season tour of Asia has now been finalised, as Rangers prepare to embark on a lucrative tour to Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur and Indonesia.
Mark Hughes's side will play three friendly fixtures during the 12 day tour, with some minor changes to the original schedule previously advertised.
The tour will now commence on Friday 13th July, with Kota Kinabalu being the first destination.
Rangers will play a Sabah Select XI at the Likas Stadium on Tuesday 17th July, prior to flying to Kuala Lumpur the following day.
The R's will then lock horns with Kelantan FC at Shah Alam Stadium in Kuala Lumpur on Friday 20th July.
The final leg of the tour will see Rangers travel to Surabaya, Indonesia, where Hughes's side will play Persebaya Surabaya at the Gelora Bung Tomo Stadium on Monday 23rd July.
The squad will arrive back in England on Wednesday 25th July.
QPR CEO, Philip Beard, added: "It is an honour for Queens Park Rangers to come and play in Malaysia and Indonesia next month.
"Everyone at the Club is extremely excited by the Tour, and we hope it allows as many of our fans as possible in Asia to watch the team in action.
"We will be working closely with our main sponsors, Air Asia, and our other partners in the region to ensure we can deliver our best ever pre-season tour."
On the changes to the tour schedule, Beard added: "We had hoped to play a game in Bangkok as part of our pre-season schedule but were unable to agree acceptable terms. We sincerely hope to be play a game in Thailand in the very near future."
To see QPR in action, fans can get their tickets from AirAsia RedTix. Log on to www.redtix.airasia.com for more information
Further tour updates, including fan package options, will be available in due course, exclusively on www.qpr.co.uk QPR
Nelsen to Captain The New Zealand Olympics Football Team
Underdog Oly-Whites primed for challenge
Last updated 17:29 22/06/2012
All Whites captain Ryan Nelsen reckons his new English premier league club will benefit from him captaining the New Zealand Oly-Whites in the Olympic Games tournament.
Nelsen was named this week to lead the New Zealand team for the second successive tournament after wearing the skipper's armband at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
The 34-year-old is one of three over-age players permitted in the predominantly under-23 squad. All Whites striker Shane Smeltz, 30, and midfielder Michael McGlinchey, 25, are the others.
Nelsen has signed for Queens Park Rangers for the next English premier league season after a six-month contract at Tottenham Hotspur.
The former Blackburn Rovers skipper will rejoin former Rovers manager Mark Hughes, who saved QPR from relegation last season.
Clubs do not have to release over-age players for the Olympic Games but Nelsen has secured a release from QPR with Hughes' "inside-out'' knowledge of him an advantage.
"The club's been fantastic,'' Nelsen said. "It still gives me plenty of time to prepare for [the EPL season] with the [QPR] team...''
Nelsen said the Olympics were "a pretty good way to get some high quality games under your belt''.
"Sometimes in pre-season [club] games you can go through the motions, [but] these ones will be tough hardened games. For Mark and QPR it will benefit them, [with me] experiencing them.''
Nelsen is unfazed about being twice the age of the youngest Oly-White Cameron Howieson, a 17-year-old from Dunedin who made his first-team debut for English Championship [tier-two] club Burnley late last season.
He said the Oly-Whites had a "huge spectrum of experience from 17 to double the age for me'' and it would be a matter of "just finding what works for people, what makes them tick and what motivates them''.
Nelsen said coach Neil Emblen knew a lot of the players so, as captain, he would "just be working alongside him to try and maximise the potential of all the players''.
Thirteen of the Oly-Whites have tasted senior international football with the All Whites and others have played for New Zealand at age-group World Cup finals.
Nelsen said that experience would be important because the players would have been in "something very similar to a professional set-up, where it's hard and the games are hard and they would have been taken out of their comfort zone. All that's pretty good.''
But he warned the Olympic Games would be a "totally new experience'' (only Nelsen and defender Ian Hogg are backing up from Beijing).
The Oly-Whites have been drawn in the same group as Belarus, Egypt and Brazil but Nelsen said it was "hard to get a handle on how good these teams are at this level''.
"But what we can expect is we'll be the under-dogs in every single game. It will be very tough, we'll be up against it. We'll be favourite to lose all three games but Kiwis like those challenges, we thrive on them.
"I think it will be a good experience and an opportunity to challenge yourself on the world stage against all the odds and we'll see what can happen.''
Nelsen said he would be available for the Oly-Whites' warm-up games against Japan in Tokyo on July 11, South Korea in Seoul on July 14 and the United Arab Emirates in Europe on July 19.
He said he had played "at Olympic level'' in Japan before - when the Oly-Whites lost 4-0 in 2000 - and it had been "a fantastic experience'' and "a really great atmosphere'' before 50,0009 people.
"I hope the  players are ready and focused because when they get out into that stadium it will be really packed and exciting. It'll be a game anyone would want to experience.'' http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/7155270/Underdog-Oly-Whites-primed-for-challenge
PAUL WARBURTON/FULHAM CHRONICLE - Former Manchester City chief reveals QPR plans
QPR last night launched the revolutionary scouting system that brought the Premier League title to Manchester City.
New technical director Mike Rigg has been tasked with making sure lightning strikes twice when he hires up to 100 coaches and others to find a production line of players that lasts for the next three decades at least.
The man lured to west London from City unveiled the plan that sees a top to bottom clean sweep of the existing system at Loftus Road.
A one-off glimpse at Rigg’s laptop showed 45 pages of information on just one former City target that detailed everything from where he shopped to whether or not he liked tennis.
He said: "You should find players and buy them on the back of a great depth of due diligence.
"I would say 90 per cent of clubs pay lip service to that. It’s sloppy scouting.
"I have come here to put in place a structure which, regardless of whether I’m here in the future, will carry on for the next 15 or 20 years."
Rigg’s four tiers start with 10-year-olds at QPR followed by academy hopefuls leading to those just beyond the first team before arriving at the Premier League stars at the top.
Each layer is tightly cross-referenced with coaching, development and sports science monitoring – and the crucial ingredient is that everything about everyone gets recorded.
Rigg added: "Why other clubs don’t do this I have no idea.
"I should have walked into QPR and known what our target list was, but there was no structure. How can a club like QPR not have an identification, recruitment and development strategy?
"I’m currently doing an audit of what we need in the way of extra people. But if I can have the entire programme in place by the end of next season, then maybe three years from now, we can talk about how successful it has been." Fulham Chronicle
MIRROR - D-Day for Barton: QPR close to a decision on disgraced midfielder
Hughes wants nothing to do with skipper who was banned for 12 games after being sent off in season-finale against Man City
The club’s internal investigation into his red card and behaviour at Manchester City on the final day of the season, which has earned him a 12-game FA ban, is expected to be concluded shortly.
Manager Mark Hughes wants rid of the midfielder ahead of the new season, and has already decided not to name him in his 23-man Premier League squad even if he stays.
Barton will face a heavy fine and be stripped of the club captaincy after his red card shame and outbursts on Twitter.
Hammer blow: West Ham fail with final Green offerRobert Green snubbed a last-ditch attempt to keep him at West Ham before agreeing to join QPR.
Hammers boss Sam Allardyce tried to persuade the 32-year-old to extend his six-year stay in east London after he helped the club win promotion to the Premier League through the play-offs.
But Green moved to Loftus Road as a free agent, signing a deal worth around £50k a week, and will start next season as QPR's first choice. Mirror
MAIL/By SAMI MOKBEL
Barton's future to be decided soon as QPR's internal investigation into Etihad scuffle draws to an end
Joey Barton's future at Queens Park Rangers will become clearer in the next few days as the club conclude their internal investigation into his Etihad Stadium rage.
The midfielder was infamously sent off for elbowing Carlos Tevez, aiming a kick at Sergio Aguero and headbutting Vincent Kompany in the final day defeat against Manchester City.
Barton has already been hit with a 12 game FA ban for the tantrum and he now seems certain to be punished by the club.
The outcome of QPR's in-house investigation is expected to be reached by Monday - and it is understood the probe could even be resolved today.
Mark Hughes wants Barton out of the club ahead of the new season and has already decided not to name him in his 23-man Premier League squad if he remains at Loftus Road.
Club officials have looked into the possibility of sacking Barton for gross misconduct - but it is understood QPR have been advised doing so could leave them in a difficult legal position.
It is more likely that Barton will face a heavy fine and be stripped of the club captaincy. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal....l#ixzz1yTJLOyZe
- Anton Ferdinand supposedly Set for Charity Game on Sunday (in Ghana)
- Taarabt Prepared to Play for Morocco again...Regrets Not Playing in the Olympics
- Five Year Flashback: Mick Harford Appointed First Team Coach (Under John Gregory)
- Six Year Flashback: NOT GUILTY Verdicts in "Guns-in-the-Boardroom" Trial
- The Various Tony Fernandes Investments/Financial Interests
- Ongoing QPR Transfer Rumour Thread
- QPR's 2012-13 Fixtures Released (Starting with Swansea at Loftus Road)
- Other Premiership Clubs' Opening Fixtures
- "Our QPR" - Flashback to the QPR Fan Fundraising Scheme to Buy Players
- Chelsea Staffers Damage The Champions League Trophy!
- Seeming Italian takeover at Watford
- WBA vs QPR Fan Violence - Various People Charge