- 42 Years Ago: The Gordon Jago-Dave Sexton "Golden Era" Begin as Caretaker Manager, Gordon Jago takes charge of his first Game
- Four Years Ago Flashback: Tommasi Departs QPR
- "QPR January Transfer Window Rumours 2013" - Metro UK Blog/QPR Report
- Guardian/Owen Gibson - "FIFA Statistics Show 28% of Transfer Fees Go to Agents and Third Parties"
- Repost: Links to Old QPR Videos from 1920s, 1940s, 1950s and early 1960s
- One Year Ago: QPR Axe Neil Warnock...Mark Hughes the reported/hoped-for Replacement!
- "The Best of Football Writing in 2012"
- Updated: QPR's Warren Farm Training Ground Application
- Four Year Flashback: Lee Cook Re-Signs for QPR (Had been on loan at QPR)
- QPR's London Call In on Thursday: Granero a Guest (Previously-announce Kieron "Special K" Dyer having been Released)
- Open ALL R's Podcast
PROPRIETY OF A QPR FAN ASKING A QUESTION AT A QPR PRESS CONFERENCE - INTENDED FOR THE PESS
[At Saturday's post-match press conference at Loftus Road, a QPR Fan, who appears on the QPR Official broadcasts got to ask a question. Clearly QPR Press conferences are not restricted to the Press!]
NEW QPR CHIEF SCOUT
QPR OFFICIAL SITE - BROOMFIELD APPOINTED
New Chief Scout joins
THE CLUB is pleased to confirm the appointment of Ian Broomfield as our new Chief Scout.
Broomfield was in charge of Harry Redknapp’s scouting operations at both Portsmouth and Spurs.
His role will include identifying potential transfer targets and working closely with the Academy to nurture future stars at Loftus Road.
A delighted Broomfield told www.qpr.co.uk: “I’ve worked closely with Harry for a number of years now, so it’s great to link up with him again.
“A scouting job is 24/7 and I’ve never really had a break for 25 years, but I left Spurs in September and I’m refreshed and looking forward to working back in football.”
He added: “The opportunity to work with Harry again was ideal.
“When I spoke to the hierarchy at the club about the plans they have to take QPR forward, it sounded like the kind of project I wanted to be part of.” QPR
QPR OFFICIAL SITE
NELSEN AGREES TORONTO SWITCH
QPR OFFICIAL SITE - DYER DEPARTS
"He wasn't in my plans and I think he's got something to offer someone, so we wish him all the best." QPR
QPR striker set for showdown talks
The former Blackpool forward returned to Rangers this week following a prolific loan spell at Ipswich Town, where he scored 10 goals in 17 games for the Championship outfit.
Campbell made only his fourth start for the club in Saturday's FA Cup draw with West Brom, but his future at Loftus Road remains in the balance.
The 31-year-old is out of contract in the summer and is yet to speak to Redknapp to see whether he figures in his plans.
But the lifelong R's fan will speak to Redknapp before the transfer window closes at the end of the month to see if he has a future in W12.
He told the Chronicle: “The manager pulled me once but we haven't had a conversation about my future. He just told me he's delighted I'm here.
“I need to speak to him in the next week or two and see what he has planned.
“A few Championship clubs have put offers on the table. I am 31 now so I have to think what's best for my family.
“I'm not closing the door on anyone, but I'm giving the gaffer and QPR the chance to keep me here.
“It will be hard to take if I'm not going to be part of his plans, but every manager is different.
“I have been around long enough that people know what I can do. It comes down to whether you suit a manager's ideas or not. I understand that.”
Campbell has scored just once in 13 games since returning to his boyhood club in a £1.25million deal in 2011.
The striker was dogged by injury problems in his first season in W12 before being frozen out by Mark Hughes in the summer.
However, he hopes to erase those bad memories and help QPR avoid the drop.
“There are times when I thought if it was the right decision to come back,” Campbell admitted.
“I've only scored one goal, which is not good enough, and struggled with injuries, so it hasn't been a great homecoming.
“But I love this club and hopefully this time I can eradicate the bad memories by scoring the goals that can help us to safety.” Fulham Chronicle
QPR OFFICIAL SIT - U21S: QPR 1, READING 3
- Next Tottenham
QPR Say No To Anti-Semitism
- QPR's Israeli International, Tal Ben-Haim was the subject of some anti-Semitic abuse on the QPR Official "Social Media." on Saturday. Those comments were subsequently (and commendably) removed by the club. (And there were many comments on that same QPR Facebook page, by QPR Fans responding to and denouncing those comments)
Today, QPR Media Head, Ian Taylor Tweeted: IanJTaylor
[QPR Report Comment: Good to hear from QPR. Would be nice also for the club to also issue an official statement or official tweet saying no place for anti-Semitism at Loftus Road. ]
- Next: Tottenham - Preview and Played for Both Teams/ Nice preview from Tottenham Fan