QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 28, 2013

QPR Report Monday: "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" After receving a Fan "Vote of Confidence" Tony Fernandes says he's Staying!...Redknapp Suggests Stop Tweeting...Next Manchester City



After yesterday's Tweets from Chairman Fernandes which led to news stories "Fernandes will Quit if QPR Go down..."

   Tony Fernandes tweeted today"
   -Fantastic response from QPR fans. Good chat with Harry. I'm a fighter so if fans want me to stay I stay whatever happens. End of subject. Thank you all. 
 -I can handle stick hahah had it from Prime ministers politicians goverment airline customers. So twitter don't bother me But at the end honor is important. As Chairman bucks stops with me. But I will stay on and continue if fans want

- Hopefully QPR! "
Premier League ‏@premierleague
An important date for your diaries! The 2013/14 Barclays Premier League season will begin on Saturday 17 August 2013"


- Video from 1990 of QPR vs Manchester City (with Clive Allen)

- On This Day: January 28
- Sean Ingle: Should Public Money Bail Out Football Clubs?

- Sousa apparently Rejected for US Work Permit


Harry Redknapp urges QPR chief Tony Fernandes to quit Twitter

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has advised chairman Tony Fernandes to "get off Twitter".
Fernandes tweeted at the weekend that he had "many fans attacking me" and indicated he would be prepared to leave the club if he could not "fix" things.
Redknapp said it would be a "massive blow" if Fernandes left. "The only advice I'd give Tony is get off Twitter," he added.

"If you don't want to know what people are saying, don't be on Twitter."
Redknapp is desperately seeking additions to his playing squad before the transfer window closes on Thursday.
QPR are bottom of the Premier League, five points from safety, and were knocked out of the FA Cup on Saturday, beaten 4-2 at home by League One MK Dons.
However, Redknapp says he is unsure whether he will be able to bring in his top targets after likening the transfer window to "gang warfare", with agents attempting to "scupper" one another.
"It's scary," he said. "If you have got a deal, another agent will try to scupper that deal if he's not involved in it. They're all fighting for big money."
QPR's exit from the FA Cup prompted criticism of Fernandes, 48, from some frustrated fans.
But the Malaysian appeared to commit his future to the club on Monday when he tweeted:  "Fantastic response from QPR fans. Good chat with Harry. I'm a fighter so if fans want me to stay I stay whatever happens. End of subject. Thank you all."
However, Redknapp is clearly no fan of Twitter and would rather his chairman came off it.
"If you want to spend your whole life looking at what people are saying about you, you'll end up paranoid," he said.
"We'll all end up worrying and not sleeping at night."

24 hours of tweets from Tony Fernandes

27 January: "Many fans attacking me. Doing our best. As I said we won't stop trying. As I have said many times times I take all responsibility and will face the music."
27 January: "If I can't fix it I will be the first to go."
28 January: "Fantastic response from QPR fans. I'm a fighter so if fans want me to stay I stay whatever happens. End of subject."
28 January: "I can handle stick. Had it from prime ministers, politicians, government, airline customers. As chairman, bucks stops with me. But I will stay on and continue if fans want."



R's boss optimistic ahead of Man City test ...

HARRY REDKNAPP is hoping QPR can mastermind a surprise result of their own ahead of Tuesday night’s visit from Manchester City.

The R’s were on the wrong end of a FA Cup defeat to MK Dons on Saturday during a weekend of upsets as Redknapp’s side refocus their attentions on retaining their top flight status.

Rangers are yet to taste defeat in the league in 2013 and, after stunning title contenders Chelsea at Stamford Bridge earlier in the month, Redknapp is hoping to defy the odds once again.

“You just never know where your results are going to come from,” Redknapp told www.qpr.co.uk. “Who would have given us a chance at Chelsea?

“You only have to look at the FA Cup games this weekend to see what you can achieve if you give effort. It’s unpredictable.”

City arrive in W12 on a six-match winning run in all competitions as Roberto Mancini’s side look to retain their Premier League crown, lying six points adrift of leaders Manchester United.

Redknapp is expecting a tough test but takes heart from his side's recent revivial which has seen the R's take points against London rivals Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham.

He said: “It will be a tough game tomorrow but I’m looking forward to it, it should be an interesting game.

“They’re strong and they’ve got a fantastic squad of players.

“But we’ve had some hard games lately at Chelsea, against Tottenham and West Ham away.

“They were difficult games but we performed well and we’ve got to do the same tomorrow.”

Redknapp was left disappointed after watching his side’s FA Cup campaign come to an abrupt end on Saturday.

One consolation for the R's was the long-awaited return of Bobby Zamora from a three-month injury lay-off.

The R's frontman came off the bench in the second-half but Redknapp admits the striker, along with wingmen Shaun Wright-Phillips and Junior Hoilett, is a doubt for Tuesday's encounter

“We’re waiting to see on one or two injuries,” he said.

“There’s little doubts over Shaun Wright-Phillips, Junior Hoilett is struggling and Bobby Zamora is struggling to start the game.

“We’ve got one or two little knocks but nothing too bad.”

It promises to be a busy few days at Loftus Road during a week which also sees the climax of the January transfer window.

Redknapp admits bolstering his squad will be crucial to the R’s survival chances as Thursday’s 11pm deadline looms large.

“When you’re in a situation like we are, bottom of the league, this is the only month where I can try to change things around,” he said. “But it’s not going to be easy.

“The chairman [Tony Fernandes] and [chief executive] Phil Beard are working their socks off, trying their best to get new players in.

“They’re pulling out all of the stops to try and get players in that will make all the difference.

“We’re in a difficult position but there’s a long way to go, lots of points to play for.

“If we can make the right decisions now and get the right people in, I still think we’ve got a good chance.” QPR


The Club and its "Associations"
     An ongoing matter of continued "regret" to at least this blogger: That Queen's Park Rangers FC continue to provide a forum on its Official Match Day broadcast show to "QBlockPete" - Pete Davies.  
     Ultimately, obviously the owners and senior management of Queen's Park Rangers Football determine who they want to employ or utilize.  But equally,  QPR supporters - quite a few of whom have been supporting QPR a lot longer than any of the current QPR owners, employees,  or "Associates" - retain the freedom to express their views (whether supportive or critical) and concerns on matters pertaining to QPR.
    If you want to express any views on this matter either privately or publicly, pm me on the QPR Report Messageboard or email at qprreport@hotmail.com


Ealing Gazette/James Gates - QPR invites public to view Warren Farm plans

QUEENS Park Rangers have released details of their ambitious scheme to regenerate a neglected sports facility in Southall.
The Premier League football club has been inviting residents to take a look at its planning application for Warren Farm after Ealing Council last year named them as its preferred partner for the scheme.
Plans for the 63-acre site went on display at Perceval House in Ealing Broadway and the application is also available to view online.
The proposal includes training facilities for the club, with a two-storey building, a three-storey multifunctional operations building, as well as three first-team pitches and seven academy/youth pitches.
Community facilities would also be provided, with a one-storey Community Trust building linked to an indoor hall (shared with QPR), a one-storey community building, changing rooms, showers and social space.
There will be 11 other football pitches, including one artificial pitch, and three cricket wickets. The scheme includes 453 permanent car parking spaces, plus overspill parking for a further 259 vehicles, as well as floodlighting and landscaping.
Ealing Council’s planning committee is due to discuss the scheme in the coming weeks. It is not yet known how much the project will cost.
Members of Warren Farm Radio Flyers, who fly radio-controlled model aircraft at the site, had feared for their future as it was not clear whether community groups would be able to use the site. However, they have been told they can still use the site, albeit in a smaller area.
A QPR spokesman said: “I would like to confirm that it is the intention of both the club and council to fully engage with, and involve, the Flyers, to ensure they have adequate provision. It is certainly not our intention to alienate them in any way.”
Bob Howard, Flyers chairman, said: “This would seem to indicate that some of any fears concerning the greatly restricted airspace available for club members to overfly may be put to rest.
“However, confirmation of the times and days when more of the academy pitches will be in use is still required, as at these times flying will be restricted to a much smaller area than at present. This could restrict the club’s ability to offer free tuition to beginners.”   Ealing Gazette
[ Posted a few weeks ago:  QPR's Warren Farm Training Ground Application]



Blog Archive