QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, April 27, 2006

QPR Players For Sale and Paladini's Playoff Expectations

-
Daily Mail - April 27, 2006 - Players for Sale
Marc Bircham, Danny Shittu and Lee Cook have been put on the transfer list at QPR as part of costcutting measures. Bircham, 27, said: 'They've put a price on me, Danny and Lee, and if those prices are met we'll be gone in the summer. 'I've got a year left on my contract and I could stay but the club wouldn't get money for me, so it would be stitching them up a bit which I obviously don't want to do. 'I know every player has his time to go, but I'm gutted, especially as they had a bid for me from Sheffield United in the transfer window. 'It was turned down and so was one for Danny and that's when they released the statement that they didn't need to sell any players because we were financially stable. 'I was promised a new contract at the end of the season. Four months down the line, they have to get the wage bill down and we're the only three players they can get money for, so we have to go.' Gary Waddock is set to make further cuts to his playing staff with 16 players expected to be moved on.


BBC Gossip/Independent
QPR chairman Gianni Palladini has made it clear he expects Rangers to make the play-offs next season. (Independent)


Sporting Life - PALADINI AIMING HIGH
QPR chairman Gianni Paladini has demanded caretaker-boss Gary Waddock take the team into the play-offs next season.
Waddock is expected to be given the job permanently once an agreement is reached with former manager Ian Holloway, who was sacked in February.
But even though Waddock could struggle to hang onto some of his most valuable assets, Paladini has set his sights on a top-six finish in next year's Championship table.
"We will be looking to end next season in the top six," Paladini said. "I've told Gary it is what I'm expecting, and I have every faith in him.
"Our original three year plan was reached: promotion to the Championship, and then survival. Now, however, it's time to raise the bar.
"We want a strong, young, fast side who are hungry and can help get us where we want to be and play the kind of football that people are happy to watch."
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/06/04/26/manual_132746.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

Blog Archive