QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, March 05, 2007

QPR Assistant Manager, Richard Hill Reportedly Won't Face Police Prosecution

[Note: Almost a month after the "brawl incident," QPR have to announce any findings from their reported "investigation. The club did suspend Hill - and Hill and the club do face FA Charges. Immediately after the incident, QPR Chairman Paladini declared "We will go to work 24 hours a day to find out what happened,...We want the investigation to be done quickly. "I hope we can find out something by Saturday" Sporting Life]

RICHARD HILL, the QPR assistant manager, will not face police charges for his role in the mass brawl involving the Chinese Olympic team.

Hill was arrested on suspicion of ABH after the fight between the two sets of players on February 7 left Chinese player Zheng Tao with a broken jaw and another with a fractured eye socket.

The former Watford striker was photographed appearing to punch a Chinese youngster.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "A 43- year-old man arrested on suspicion of ABH and previously on police bail has now been released with no further action following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service."

QPR boss John Gregory will now push for Hill to be reinstated after the club suspended him "until further notice".

Chairman Gianni Paladini does not want Hill back and he still faces an FA charge of violent conduct which he is expected to deny.

The TDSA, the union that looks after assistant managers, are hoping that Hill will get his job back as soon as Rangers have completed their internal investigation.

A statement said: "We hope QPR will finalise their own inquiry as quickly as possible and the subject of his suspension will be addressed promptly." Mirror

Blog Archive