QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, June 11, 2009

QPR Vice Chairman Bhatia Thanks Fans and Speaks re Magilton and QPR Prospects

-
Visit the combination messageboard and quasi-blog: The QPR Report Messageboard. QPR and other football news; nostalgia; and posters' views: No focus on politics, films, music, etc. No ad-hominem attacks on fellow posters. Just an (usually) intelligent focus on QPR and Football Recently-posted articles include:
- QPR's 17 Year Old Max Ehmer Profiled
- Parejo Backs Ronaldo to Succeed at Real Madrid
- William Hill May Abandon Certain Football Bets
- On This Day: Jim Smith Appointed QPR Manager 24 Years Ago: Remembering the Smith Era
- The Magilton Diaries (Satire)
- 2009-2010 Schedule: Important Dates


QPR Official Site - BHATIA "BLOWN AWAY" BY R'S FANS
- Amit Bhatia was keen to praise the generosity of the R's faithful last night after he completed his first ever triathlon to raise a staggering £21,200 for QPR In The Community Trust.
- The QPR Holdings
Ltd Vice Chairman, who is also Chair of the Trust, told www.qpr.co.uk: "I can't get over the level of support I received from the QPR fans.
- "Their generosity and encouragement has blown me away. I try to have as much contact with the supporters as I can and every time I am involved with them, they surprise me.
- "I received loads of messages of support, and I cannot tell you how much that means.
- "I want to thank each and every one of them for their backing and kind donations."
- Bhatia completed the 750m open-water swim, 20km bike ride and 5km run in a time of 1hr 40minutes, after he entered the triathlon with brother-in-law Aditya Mittal and friend Tim Blakey.
- Although it was tough going, Bhatia says it was definitely worthwhile.
- "It was a great challenge for a fantastic cause," he added. "I feel very passionately about the Trust and I saw this as a good way to raise money and awareness.
- "I would like to think this shows the Board's commitment to the community as well as to the Football Club.
- "The community that we're part of is important to us. QPR is a family Club and we want to make a difference."
- Turning his attentions to the recent appointment of Jim Magilton, Bhatia said: "We were very hands-on with this.
- "We believe we have learned from our mistakes over the last year, and I hope that experience has taught us some good things.
- "Jim is very positive and bullish, and I believe he is the right man for the job.
- "When everyone in the squad is fit we have a pretty formidable team, so I am really excited about next season.
- "This is a very important year for us and we understand that
." QPR

- What Vice Chairman Bhatia Was Saying One Year Ago re QPR Prospects

Blog Archive