QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, October 05, 2009

QPR Report Update: Heaton on His Loan...German Joins Up With QPR Contingent at Aldershot...Mascot Grand National

-
- Another site: The cutting edge, all-encompassing QPR Report Messageboard. Simply for the QPR (and other football) informational posts. Or feel free to offer your own views (whatever they are)! The combination quasi-blog and messageboard provides up-to-the-minute news about QPR, combined with QPR nostalgia and articles of broader football significance. - QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Some Brief Financial and Attendance Stats for QPR

- Helguson Injury Update

- No QPR Players in This Week's Championship Team of the Week (But Swansea's goalie De Vries, is included.

- Ex-QPR's Jake Cole Makes League Two Team of The Week

- English Football Fans and the English Defense League

- Swansea 2 QPR 0: Comprehensive Compilation of Swansea QPR Match Reports and Sousa/Magilton Comments

- QPR's Wonder Winger Dave Thomas Turns Fifty-Nine

- QPR's Most-goals-in-a-Match, Alan Wilks Turns Sixty-Three

- Lee Camp Settling in at Nottingham Forest

- Mascot Grand National: Report and Result



Tim Heaton Q&A - From Man U offy - Loan Ranger enjoying life

Despite starting just two games to date in his loan spell at QPR, goalkeeper Tom Heaton tells ManUtd.com that he is prepared to bide his time and keep learning...

Tell us about your loan so far...
Well, QPR is a very good club, I get on with all the players and the staff have been excellent. It’s been a touch frustrating to have played just two games, but that’s football sometimes. You have to be patient but (first choice goalkeeper) Radek Cerny has done very well to be fair. I accept that and I just have to keep striving to be in the team. Obviously I’m hopeful that at some point I’ll be in there.

How’s it comparing to your previous loans?
Last season I started as number one at Cardiff, but picked up a couple of injuries as the season progressed. That made things more difficult, but by the end of the season I was back in the team again. So I’ve seen that patience pays off. If you keep going, keep trying to improve, work hard every day and get back in the team, then it will pay off.

You've started two League Cup ties; how have they been as experiences?
Very good. We played Accrington Stanley and we were expecting to win, especially being at home. On the night they played very well and we struggled a bit, so it turned out to be a more difficult game than we expected. I was fortunate enough to get the man of the match award in that game, which was decent for me and a good way to start. Then we gave a good account of ourselves in the next round at Chelsea. I was fairly busy and really enjoyed playing at Stamford Bridge, but it's a shame we couldn't spring a shock.

Is there more scope for frustration as a loan ‘keeper, since there’s only one berth to go for?
Very much so, but that’s the nature of the position. You only change your goalkeeper when you have to, really. It’s not like an outfield player where you come on and bed in for 10 or 20 minutes as a sub. As a goalkeeper there’s only one position and it tends to be the case that once you’ve got it, you’ve got it for a while. I understand that and it’s just about having patience and continuing to work hard.

You’ve not played much yet but would you say you’ve learned anything new?
Of course. Every place you come to, you’re under different management, playing with different players and adjusting to different styles of play. You can always learn things, and obviously with Radek Cerny here as well I can learn a great deal off him. He’s 35 and been around and done it with Spurs and Slavia Prague, and now here, and he’s got a lot of experience. You take the most out of it and try to absorb as much stuff as you can. I’m not going to deny that the biggest thing is playing, that’s what I’m trying to do, but on top of that you still want to improve every day. I’m 23 now, which as a goalkeeper isn’t the oldest, so I want to keep developing. Since I’ve been down here I’ve been working with Dave Rouse, who’s the goalie coach, and he used to work at United when I was in the Academy. It’s been good to catch up with him. He’s obviously on the same page as me in terms of trying to improve, and it’s been fantastic.

How would you describe QPR’s playing style?
(Manager) Jim Magilton’s all about passing and playing, really. He’s not into lumping it forward, he wants pass, pass, pass, which is fantastic for me because it’s what I’m used to. I like him a lot. He just likes quick play with one and two-touch passing. If you can get that going in the Championship then you can be successful in that. He’s got a lot of experience himself and he’s passing that on. It’s a nice way to play and the lads are coming round to that way of thinking now. Some of the stuff we’re playing is excellent and if we carry on doing that then results will keep improving.

What are your new team-mates like?
Excellent, actually, I have to say. It’s like the first day at school when you come to a new club, but it’s a good experience meeting new people. I didn’t actually know anyone here at all, which in a way makes it better because you have to go and talk to everyone. You don’t stick around people you know and it’s been good. They’ve all helped me settle in and they’ve been great.

How does a typical day vary?
It’s very similar to United. You come in, you might get a bit of breakfast. You settle down for a bit and then head out training around 10:15. With the keepers first, then with the players, you might do some gym work or have some lunch straight after training and go into the gym in the afternoon. It’s like United in that you have the structured training, then the possibility to do any extra individual work that you want to do.

What’s your main aim for the remainder of the season?
To be honest, for the rest of this loan period it’s just to get in the team and play well. My aim’s definitely to get the shirt off Radek and keep it. After that I’ll reassess whether the loan gets extended, or I come back to United or go somewhere else. Up until the 14th of November, my mind’s fully focused on getting in that team and staying there. Manchester United


Antonio German joins up with Gary Waddock and Donnelly and Dean ParrettQPR Official Site - GERMAN JOINS SHOTS ON LOAN
- Young R's front-man Antonio German has joined Aldershot Town on loan.
- The striker -has penned a deal until November 7th, but under the terms of the youth loan, German will still be able to feature for the R's Reserves.
- Aldershot, who are managed by former R's boss Gary Waddock, currently occupy eighth spot in League Two.
The loan agreement also states that German will be eligible to play in the FA Cup during his loan period at The Recreation Ground.
QPR


ALDERSHOT OFFICIAL SITE - Loan Striker Signing
Gary Waddock confirms loan signing from QPR


Gary Waddock has confirmed that 17 year old striker Antonio German has signed on a months loan from Championship side QPR. Antonio made his first team debut for the west Londoners last season in a league encounter at Southampton. He has progressed through the ranks at Loftus Road with impressive strike figures as follows:

2006-07 U16's Apps 25+1 Goals 18

2007-08 U16's Apps 1+0 Goals 1
2007-08 U18's Apps 25+2 Goals 13
2007-08 Res Apps 8+3 Goals 2

2008-09 U18's Apps 27+0 Goals 13
2008-09 Res Apps 10+4 Goals 2
2008-09 1st Apps 0+3, Goals 0

2009-10 U18's Apps 5+1, Goals 4 (to date)
2009-10 Res Apps 3, Goals 1 (to date)

Upon signing the teenager boss Waddock said, "I am pleased that Antonio has joined for a month. He has first team experience and this is a great opportunity where we can help to further his development whilst he can help us too. We need more numbers at the club and I believe this is a positive signing.

"Antonio will go straight into the squad for Tuesday's JP Trophy match at Hereford United." Aldershot


- Ex-QPR Center Half, Terry Mancini (Turning Sixty-Seven)
- Forty Years ago, today: Another Center Half, Vic Mobley Made his QPR Debut)
- Flashbacks: Pressure to Play Parejo... Harford's First Game...Hill and Dunbar Join QPR
- Championship Manager of The Month: Newcastle's Chris Hughton
- Past Managers of The Month
- Ex-QPR Loanee Wins Championship Player of The Month Award
- Kevin Keegan, Dennis Wise, Football Agents and YouTube Scouting

- Sousa's QPR Record


BERNIE ECCLESTONE ON QPR and Football
[Assuming all of these comments were made in a recent interview, many of these comments are restatements of things he's previously said]
- Gulf News - By Ted Macauley - October 03, 2009: Bernie Ecclestone Interviewed
- " ...- "...His late-in-life interest has been football, which was first nurtured through Chelsea and his big friend Roman Abramovich, the Russian oligarch who bought the club, and then Queens Park Rangers, the London outfit he part owns at the moment with Briatore.
- He reveals:" I persuaded Flavio to join me and put some money into buying QPR. It's an old established football team, but they had fallen on hard times.
- "I did think about buying Chelsea, but it was too complicated a situation to sort out the books, and I didn't have the time to spare. Anyway, I'm so mean and tight-fisted I'd never have laid out the same amount of money on players that Abramovich has - so they got off lightly>
- "Liverpool and Manchester United were up for sale and were considerations for investment but in the end I reasoned I lived too far away from both of them - more than 200 miles north. - to buy into teams so distant from my home in London. I didn't fancy the idea of traipsing up and down the country on top of all the travelling I do on F1 business.
- "When I talked to Flavio with the proposal about buying QPR he thought I was talking about a restaurant. No joking! But he was just as excited as me when I told him it was a football team."Abramovich, who took up where I left off and bought Chelsea, has become a strong friend, and I often share his box at Stamford Bridge, or fly off in my own plane to watch them when they are playing in Europe.
- "I never would have believed it, but I am real big football fan now. I used to say that if the two greatest teams in the world were playing in my back garden I wouldn't be bothered to watch them. Not now. I'm hooked on the game.
"Soccer is a sport about mega stars - just like Formula One....
"..."And while I'm talking about superstars and unique crowd-pullers what about David Beckham? Maybe I should try and buy him for QPR or, better yet, get one of the Formula One teams to give him a run-out. ...."[/b]
Gulf News


"Boys Called Up After QPR Trial Day"

- Steve Wicks Turns 53

- Watford Fan Gets Suspended Sentence for Attack on QPR Fan

- The Kevin Keegan/Newcastle/Dennis Wise/Youtube "Scouting" and Agents' Role - Conclusions

- Already!: A Championship Club Offering 2010/11 Season Ticket Info

- U-20 World Cup: England Draw and Get Knocked Out

- Sousa's Views About QPR

From a year ago: Great oped re being a football fan. Probably applicable to all clubs. "....You may not own it, but your club belongs to you"
<-. Mirror

- From Earlier this Week: By the same Mirror writer: Nice story re QPR- Ian Winwood/Daily Mirror - How Queens Park Rangers and the Tiger Cubs restored my faith in football

- - The continually-updated QPR Nostalgia Photos Compilation (Feel free to add to)

Blog Archive