QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, March 25, 2010

QPR Report Thursday...Jay Simpson on Arsenal and QPR...Warnock's Summer Budget...Hope for Stability at QPR...Don Givens Quits After Decade

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Visit the QPR Report Messageboard for discussion and latest QPR Updates throughout the day. Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the linked stories below

- Hope For Stability at QPR

- Ex-QPR's Don Givens Quits as Republic of Ireland U-21 Coach, after a Decade

- Almost-QPR's Indian International Strikers Signing for The MLS

- Coming Up: Leicester City

- "On This Day" in Football: March 25

- Mike Keen Tribute Match Update


The Sun/Paul Jiggins - NEIL WARNOCK has been handed a £10million war chest to take QPR into the Premier League.
- Rangers' new boss was informed of his summer transfer budget at a meeting with the club's board.
- Warnock has also been told he can use any cash raised from selling players this summer to strengthen his squad.
- And there is a promise of further funds next January if his side are still in the promotion race.
- Warnock plans to raid his old club Crystal Palace for keeper Julian Speroni, full-back Nathaniel Clyne and midfielders Neil Danns and Darren Ambrose.
- But current QPR players Gavin Mahon, Rowan Vine and Patrick Agyemang are among those set to be shown the door at Loftus Road at the end of this campaign. The Sun


Arsenal.com/Nick Teale
Simpson - Loan has given me vital experience

- Jay Simpson believes his season-long loan has given him the experience he needs to push on into the Arsenal first-team.

The striker has scored 13 times in 33 appearances for QPR this term and spoke to Arsenal.com after the Rs' 1-1 draw with Derby County on Tuesday night.

Five different managers have taken charge of QPR this season but Simpson insists the turbulent campaign at Loftus Road has not got in the way of his major goal - first-team experience.

"Out here you are playing for your career," he told Arsenal.com. "No matter what manager comes in you still have to perform otherwise you will be out.

"There have been a lot of ups and downs but I have tried to stay focused on the pitch and on scoring goals. I have enjoyed it, I have made a lot of good friends and it has been a good experience.

"In previous loans I have played in a few positions but I've mainly played up front at QPR so I have had a chance to score goals.

"As a striker you will always be judged on the goals you score so it is important to keep a good [goals to games] ratio."

The 20-year-old spent part of last season on loan at West Brom, making 13 Premier League appearances for the Baggies. Now, with his time at QPR drawing to a close, he is excited about returning to the top flight.

"I really enjoyed my last experience of the Premier League," said Simpson. "I am looking forward to playing in the Premier League again.

"I go back to Arsenal at the end of the season and I will talk to Arsène Wenger then. If he chooses to put faith in me [for next season] then I will do my best to repay that faith.

"But at the moment I am focused on QPR because we are still fighting relegation."

Earlier in the season Simpson revealed to Arsenal.com that he had set a target of 20 goals for the season. However, with eight games to go he is seven strikes short of the tally he had aimed for.

"I don't see why I can't get those extra goals," he declared. "I have to go into every game believing that I can score and I know it will be difficult to get nearly a goal a game but I am still aiming for that target."

After a promising start to the season QPR plummeted 17 places in the space of 16 matches. However, a recent upturn in form has seen them move seven points clear of the bottom three and Simpson is confident his loan spell won't end in relegation.

"We had a good run at the start of the season," he said. "But when Jim [Magilton, then manager] and John [Gorman, Magilton's assistant] left you could see on the pitch that our form dipped.

"But now things have picked up and everyone is enjoying themselves again. We are pushing to get to the 50-point mark as quickly as we can and then we can try and kick on from there.

"If you look at the players we have got and the manager we have I believe we will be safe." Arsenal.Com

Blog Archive