QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, May 10, 2010

$250,000 For Nigeria Loftus Road Rental?...Neil Warnock's Transfer Summer

-

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- For comprehensive, up-to-the minute, news about QPR: Also visit the football-only, QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog


- Interesting Factoid: David Cameron's constituency is Witney and Cameron is "Club Patron" of Witney United!

- Stimson Out at Gillingham. Robinson IN at MK Dons

- QPR's 2009/2010 Stats: Attendances, Appearances, Goalscorers, Etc


All Africa.com - Nigeria: Team, Colombia Friendly Shaky
10 May 2010
- Lagos — Organisers of Nigeria's World Cup build-up tie against Colombia have raised an alarm over the venue for the game after they were slapped with a $250,000 stadium hire bill for an alternative bill.
- The Colombia warm-up, slated for May 30 in London, was originally to be played at the Brisbane Road Stadium, home ground of English League two side Leyton Orient.
- However, it was gathered that the Leyton Orient ground will now not be available thereby forcing the organisers to scamper for the Loftus Road Stadium, the home turf of QPR.
- But while the capacity of the Leyton Orient ground is less than 10,000, and will cost about $150,000, that of Loftus Road is twice that capacity and the rental has been set at $250,000.
- It was further gathered the Colombia match organisers are now running helter skelter to raise the new $250,000 bill.
- They can raise only about half that amount and there are even suggestions that they may approach the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for a soft loan in this respect.
- However, a top NFF official said it would be asking too much of the association to bail out the organisers as more often than not some of these people hardly refund such loans.
- The NFF have already bent over backwards in favour of these organisers by agreeing to play Saudi Arabia in Austria rather than Iceland in London after the organisers had expressed fears that this may affect their projected earnings by having two Nigerian games within days in London." AllAfrica.com


QPR Official Site - NW: 'SENSIBLE BUT CONSTRUCTIVE'

Neil Warnock has outlined his transfer blueprint for the summer and insists he already knows who he wants to add to his QPR squad over the coming weeks and months.

In an exclusive interview with QPR Player - to be screened over the coming weeks - Warnock spoke candidly about his plans for the summer and his approach to the transfer window in general.

"It's not a case of the Board telling me: 'You have this amount of money to spend.' That's not how it is going to work. I am going to be sensible - but I also plan to be constructive," he said.

"Every time a target becomes available who I believe we can get, I will speak with Ishan (Saksena) and Amit (Bhatia). Obviously financial aspects will come into it.

"They are both very supportive. As long as I am not unrealistic, I believe I can get the people in that we need to take us where we want to go.

"The fans have got to trust me in the transfer window. We need a few players. I don't intend to have too many loan players. I believe a player needs to have a relationship with the Club. I want it to hurt people when we don't do well.

"I can see between five and seven new players coming in."

The Rangers boss is clearly relishing the challenge ahead of the 2010/11 campaign, commenting: "Normally a Manager says he wants two or three years to build a team, but that's not the case with me this time. I want it next year.

"Ishan and Amit are aware how much I want to get back into the Premier League next season. That's where I want to be.

"It's a level playing field next season in the Championship. And if you put me on a level playing field, I'll fancy myself and my team. I love that sort of challenge. That's why I am so excited about next season."

And the R's gaffer is totally aware of the role the R's fans will play in the Championship next season and wants his players to understand that too.

"It's important that the players realise how vital the fans are," he said.

"Sometimes supporters are forgotten. Wherever you are - home or away - the players should always show their appreciation to the fans at the final whistle. Sometimes players are worried about going over if it's been a bad result, or performance. That's rubbish for me. You should always go over - win, lose or draw."
- *To be part of the R's tilt at the Championship next season, buy your Season Ticket now. How to buy..." QPR

Blog Archive