QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, September 01, 2011

QPR Report Thursday: Transfer Signings...OTD Flashbacks: QPR's First Game on Plastic...Wilkins Axed...Ecclestone/Briatore Takeover Complete

: Thirty Years Ago Today: The First Game played on Plastic in the English Footall League
- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
Welcome to QPR's New Signings! (A contrast to Four Years Ago: Leigertwood Joins...Six Years Ago: Langley & Lomas Signed on Deadline Day)

- On This Day Flashbacks: QPR's First Game on Plastic...Ray Wilkins Axed...Bill Power Leaves...

- On This Day Flashback II: Ecclestone/Briatore Takeover Done and Dusted.

- Joey Barton's Cousing Plays for...Vauxhall Motors!

- Articles on the Transfer Process in General

- Leon Clarke Exiting Swindon?

- Reminder: September 3rd is "Non-League Day"



"...It is understood that Puncheon is set to join QPR on loan, but Southampton are awaiting confirmation from QPR that the paperwork went through on time.

SKY: QPR hopeful on Puncheon Winger signed late on
By Graeme Bailey - Puncheon: Waiting on confirmation

....Queens Park Rangers are hopeful they have successfully concluded the signing of Jason Puncheon.
A deal for the Southampton winger was agreed late on by QPR on Wednesday, who were busy concluding a host of deals.
Puncheon did, though, put pen to paper for Rangers and the deal was lodged with the Premier League.
The club are now waiting for official confirmation that the deal was finalised before the 11pm deadline...." SKY

- Talksport: Incenzo: QPR could become as big as Manchester City...TtalkSPORT's Loftus Road reporter Tony Incenzo claims club can climb Premier League table if Mittal family start splashing cash

TELEGRAPH - QPR strengthen with signings of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand on transfer deadline day

QPR swooped for Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand on a busy transfer deadline day at Loftus Road.

"I'm here now. Get behind me as best as you can, just like the City fans did, and I'll give you a 110 per cent every time I go on to the pitch.

"It's exciting times for QPR. With the new signings and the squad that we've got, the club is heading in the right direction."

Wright-Phillips has been joined at Loftus Road by Sunderland defender Ferdinand, who signed a three-year deal at the Shepherds Bush club.

"I came down from London on Wednesday and spoke to the gaffer, and was impressed with his thoughts on where the club is going to go," Ferdinand said.

"I've heard good things about the manager and, after speaking with him, it's clear that he wants the best for me and wants me to do well.

"As soon as I came out of the meeting with him, I knew that QPR was the club for me."

The duo brought QPR's signings for the summer to 12, although that figure could grow further depending on whether Southampton winger Jason Puncheon's deal was completed in time.

The 25 year-old spent loan spells with Millwall and Blackpool last season after finding himself pushed to the fringes at St Mary's by 17-year-old Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Puncheon returned to Saints this summer but did not go on the club's pre-season tour to Switzerland and has not been given a squad number.

It is understood that Puncheon is set to join QPR on loan, but Southampton are awaiting confirmation from QPR that the paperwork went through on time.

Earlier in the day, the west Londoners had also looked set to sign Tottenham centre-back Sebastian Bassong on loan but the deal collapsed as Harry Redknapp's side were unable to secure Bolton's Gary Cahill.

Asked whether the Cahill transfer fell through because of the valuation, Redknapp said: "Yeah, more or less. That was the problem and in the end the deal was just a bit too difficult to do. We would have liked him.

"[QPR boss Warnock] was looking to sign Seb on a loan deal or a semi-permanent deal almost but once Gary Cahill fell through we couldn't let him go." Telegraph



Queens Park Rangers Football Club have clinched the signing of England international winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Wright-Phillips has penned a three-year deal at Loftus Road, after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with Manchester City for the midfielder's services.

The signing of the ex-Chelsea attacker represents a significant coup for the Club and follows hot-on-the-heels of the arrival one of his former Manchester City team-mates, Joey Barton, who joined QPR last week.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, the 29 year-old revealed his joy at putting pen to paper in W12 - and also had a message for the R's faithful following his move.

"I'm delighted - I can't wait to kick-start my QPR career," Wright-Phillips said.

"Once I spoke to the Manager and saw the direction that the Club was going in, I wanted to be a part of that.

"I'm here now. Get behind me as best as you can, just like the City fans did, and I'll give you a hundred and ten per-cent every time I go on to the pitch.

"It's exciting times for QPR. With the new signings and the squad that we've got, the Club is heading in the right direction."

QPR boss Neil Warnock believes Wright-Phillips' arrival will add some real quality to the R's attacking options, adding: "I'mjust really excited that we've been able to attract a player like Shaun to the Club.

"Right from day one, him and Joey Barton were at the top of our list and we've managed to get both of them, so I couldn't be more pleased.

"He's got a great attitude, a great character and he just wants to improve and impress as a footballer.

"Shaun's so positive and that's what we're looking for from all players that join QPR."


Queens Park Rangers Football Club have reached an agreement with Sunderland for the services of versatile defender Anton Ferdinand.

The former England Under-21 international has signed a three-year deal at Loftus Road, after the two Clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Ferdinand, 26, has a wealth of Premier League experience, having played regularly in the top-flight for West Ham United and the Mackems.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Ferdinand said: "The Club's moving forward and things seem to be buzzing around here at the moment.

"I came down from London on Wednesday and spoke to the gaffer, and was impressed with his thoughts on where the Club is going to go.

"I've heard good things about the Manager and, after speaking with him, it's clear that he wants the best for me and wants me to do well.

"As soon as I came out of the meeting with him, I knew that QPR was the Club for me."

Ferdinand follows in the footsteps of second cousin and Club legend 'Sir' Les Ferdinand in plying his trade in W12 - and R's boss Neil Warnock added: "Anton's a player that I have always admired.

"He's got so much to offer. When you look at centre-halves in this country, you won't see much better than Anton on a good day.

"I'm going to try and give him more good days than bad! He's got to work very, very hard, but I see a lot in him.

"He's got a lot still to prove and hopefully he's with the right team to do that with." QPR

Posted on: Wed 31 Aug 2011

QPR have signed talented goalkeeper Tommaso Trani on a two-year deal.

Trani, 17, came through the ranks at AC Milan but became available following a restructuring of the youth system at the San Siro.

QPR's Head of Youth Development Steve Gallen moved quickly to secure the keeper's services, telling www.qpr.co.uk: "I am so happy to sign Tommaso.

"He is big, strong and has a fantastic attitude. He gets very annoyed when he concedes a goal even in training, and that's what you want. He is a winner and is desperate to do well."

Despite his young age, Trani already stands a staggering 6'6" tall, and Gallen added: "As soon as I saw him walk through the door at the training ground, I thought: 'Wow'.

"And within a minute of watching him train I wanted to sign him."

*Trani will continue his development by featuring for QPR's Under 18s. While his move to QPR has been completed, the young stopper will not be able to play for the Centre of Excellence until further necessary paperwork is finalised



Peter Ramage has returned to QPR this week after completing a successful month's loan at Crystal Palace.

The 27-year-old defender made five appearances for the Eagles this season, playing a pivotal role in their successful start to the Championship, which sees them occupying sixth spot in the table. http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2436522,00.html


Posted on: Wed 31 Aug 2011

Young QPR front-man Antonio German has left the Club by mutual consent with immediate effect.

The 19 year-old striker, who joined the R's as a 14 year-old and went on to make 20 appearances in all competitions, has had his contract terminated.

The Club would like to wish Antonio all the best for the future.


Jamie Mackie is eyeing up a return to full training where he can 'remind the gaffer what I'm all about' after successfully stepping up his rehab on Tuesday.

The Scotland international suffered a broken leg in our FA Cup tie at Blackburn in January, but now believes he can finally see some light at the end of a seven-month long tunnel.

"It's going really, really well for me," he told www.qpr.co.uk with a grin. "I am back to running now and I'm not getting any reaction, which is brilliant.

"When I stepped it up last time I probably did so too early because I was so eager to try and get back for the start of the season.

"That couldn't happen but I am really progressing now. Yesterday I was allowed to hit some balls for the first time, and that felt great.I am running at full speed now, and can run off-line as well so it is looking really promising."

Mackie was forced to miss out on our pre-season trips to Cornwall and Italy when his specialist advised him to take a month-off from any running work. And Mackie believes that advice was crucial.

"I had to completely ease off to allow it to settle," Mackie explains. "It meant I couldn't do any running because of the pounding on the joint. I'm over that now, though, and that extra month off has really helped."

Yesterday morning Mackie trained alongside Bradley Orr, as the defender overcomes a groin strain suffered in our Carling Cup tie against Rochdale. And the former Plymouth-man took great heart from the session.

"We were put through our paces together because Brad has had a couple of days out," Mackie said, "and it was really good for me to train with someone like him.

"Brad is probably one of the fittest lads in the squad. I was blowing a bit and that made me think I had a bit of work to do fitness-wise, but he said he thought it was a very tough session too, which gave me a lot of encouragement.

"The next step is to see what the reaction is to this, because this is the first time I have hit a football for a while. I even put a few in the back of the net - admittedly there was no goalkeeper, but it still felt good!

"It's basically down to me now, and how I feel. The important thing is that I am honest because I have to make sure it feels right before I return to full training.

"If there is no bad reaction, it will be more of the same for the rest of the week, and then go again next week as well.

"If I am not getting any pain from it, we will see the specialist and hopefully have a final X-ray on it.

"Everything I am doing is unopposed at the minute, so we have to make sure I am 100 per cent right before I go in for any tackles."

All being well, Mackie's next step after that will be to remind everyone of his capabilities. The 25 year-old is as excited as anyone at the recent influx of new players at the training ground, with Joey Barton, Luke Young and Armand Traore all joining the Club in the last 72 hours, and now he is keen to play his part.

"The Manager has already added some real quality to the squad, and I am sure that's going to continue," he added. "I can't wait to get back and be amongst them. I want to remind the gaffer what I am all about.

"I want to challenge to be in the team and that's what I intend to do when I get back to full fitness. QPR

- Ron Phillips: QPR Club Secretary of the 1960s, 1970s, and early 1980s - and the man who designed the Checkered QPR Programme (and removed the apostrophe from Queen's Park Rangers!) Looks back

- Four Years Ago: Briatore & Ecclestone Buy QPR - Announcement & Report

- Malaysian Players to QPR?

- Video: QPR Fan Interview With Neil Warnock: Subject: npower's What's Your Goal winner - Luke Harris

- Play "Spot The Ball"

Blog Archive