QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lee Cook on Playing for QPR and Joining Fulham

-
Lee Cook on Icons
[Much but not exactly the same as was posted on the "Goodbye on the QPR Official site]
[And on the Front Page "Welcome - Hi, you've reached my 100 per cent official website at Icons.com, this is the only place to come if you want to read all about what's happening with me at Fulham. Icons

Latest Entry - Friday 20th July, 2007
It's been an honour to play for Rangers

As well as being a very exciting day for Lee Cook, it is also a very sad one. I have had three great years at QPR and have met many great people.
Being a QPR fan, it is very difficult to leave this all behind, but I hope everyone understands that this is something I have to do as a footballer.
It is hard to explain the feeling you get when you wear the shirt of the football team that you have supported all your life. My first game - a full house against Brentford - was such a proud day for me and my family, and it has only got better since.
I hope I have excited and entertained the fans over the last three years.
I hope I have excited and entertained the fans over the last three years, and it has been an absolute honour to play in front of everyone at Loftus Road.
I will miss the fans; they have been great to me. Thank you so much for your support and for voting for me as last season's Player of the Year. That really was a dream come true.
You do not realise how important you are to the team. The noise Loftus Road can make really gives the players a buzz and makes it very difficult for teams to play here.
I will miss many friends I have made here at QPR. They are a great set of lads and deserve every success. I know I will be keeping contact with them and will be coming to Loftus Road many times to give my support to the team.
I would also like to thank the management staff, especially John Gregory. He is a great man, and manager. I am so glad to have played under him and, hopefully, I will do so again in the future.
I move across West London to a team which is becoming a real force and is really looking forward to push on. It seems a really friendly Club and the Chairman is really supporting the Manager to make Fulham one of the top Premier League Club's and to be asked to be part of that means everything to me as a footballer.
Many players have played for QPR, as well as Fulham, and I'm really looking forward to working with Lawrie Sanchez.
It is an exciting time for me and Fulham and I can't wait to get started and test myself against the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool.
Thank you once again for your outstanding support - I will miss you all and cannot wait to see you again on my birthday, Friday August 3.
God bless, Lee Cook Icons

Blog Archive