QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Buzsaky Happy to Stay (He Says)...Ward Happy to Be Gone...Figo Questions QPR Link

-
Football 365 BUZSAKY COMMITTED TO RANGERS
Queens Park Rangers midfielder Akos Buzsaky has brushed off rumours he could join Portsmouth in the summer.
Reports have claimed that Pompey are ready to offer £2.5million for the Hungary international at the end of the season.
Buzsaky has proved a big hit at QPR after scoring nine goals in 26 appearances since joining from Plymouth Argyle last October.
The 25-year-old is determined to play in the Premier League, but wants his ambition to be fulfilled with QPR, not Portsmouth.
"I've read the article about my 'move' on the internet, but I think it's no more than gossip," Buzsaky told Nemzeti Sport.
When asked if he would join Pompey if he was offered a move to Fratton Park, Buzsaky replied: "Honestly? I think I wouldn't go.
"One shouldn't misunderstand my words, my dream is to play in the Premier League - but as a player of QPR.
"I don't know how much I am worth on the football market, but this (£2.5m) is a huge amount. But fortunately our team doesn't have financial problems.
"My contract expires in 2010 and, yes, I do want to stay here. I feel excellent here and the conditions here are suitable for my improvement.
"What's more, I am sure that my team is going to get promoted to the Premier League in the near future. I have to be patient and I am patient.
"QPR officials stated that they want me to fight for promotion with the team in the future and I'm their partner in this.
"I want to play in the Premiership with my present team - and not as a player of Portsmouth." Football 365

Australia: The Age/Michael Lynch - Victory's Wards off rivals in the Nick of time
MIDFIELDER Nick Ward already has made a big impression in his short time at Melbourne Victory, but the tall West Australian, now fully fit, yesterday sounded a warning to the club's Asian Champions League rivals: "My best is yet to come."
The 22-year-old, the A-League's Young Player of the Year in its inaugural season, has battled injury, groin strains and a lack of fitness since he signed with Victory in December, ending an unhappy spell at English club Queens Park Rangers.
Even though, by his own admission, he was barely half-fit, Ward caught the eye with a handful of cameo performances, notably on debut in Melbourne's shock 5-2 away win against Central Coast on New Year's Eve.
The former Perth Glory player has benefited from the time off since the end of the A-League season to recover from niggling injuries and to build strength and endurance through an intensive fitness program with former Australian Olympic sprinter, Adam Basil.
And now, Ward believes he is ready to show the sort of performances that won him a call-up to the Socceroos' squad for its first Asian Cup qualifier away to Bahrain in February 2006.
"I am definitely full of confidence now, my body is coming right …" Ward said after Melbourne completed a workout at the Thai Army Sports Stadium in Bangkok yesterday ahead of tomorrow night's Champions League clash with FC Chonburi.
"I thought we created a lot of chances. We probably could have had a few goals in the first half and I was pretty happy getting through 73 minutes," he said.
"My groin was terrible in the closing stages of the A-League, I was pretty much playing on painkillers, but now I have had a good six weeks off and I have only really been back in training for a week-and-a-half, so there's definitely a lot more to come from me.
"I am getting stronger week by week. The fitness program I have been put through, I feel in way better form than I have for a long time. When I was first in England, I was pretty good, but then I got injuries and was in and out of the team. Since I have been back here, Adam Basil has worked on me a lot.
"Now I am excited about playing and feeling good. There's nothing better than playing regular football."
Ward originally signed a six-month contract that would have taken him to the end of the Champions League group phase. Recently, he signed a 12-month extension, so he will be available for the entirety of the A-League next season. The Age

Setanta - Alex Livie/ Figo cools QPR talk
Luis Figo has poured cold water on reports linking him with a move to Queens Park Rangers.
The Portuguese wing wizard is no longer a regular starter for Inter and his days in Milan could well be numbered.
He has been linked with big-money moves to Qatar and United States, but recent reports have suggested he could be lured to Loftus Road by R’s owners Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore.
The rumours were fuelled by Figo’s arrival in London, but his trip is due to his ambassadorial role for the Stop TB Charity and he was in the dark about rumours linking him with Rangers.
“It is a surprise for me, I don’t know what to say,” Figo said on Setanta Sports News. “There is nothing real, so there is nothing to say.”
Figo also laughed off reports which suggested he had purchased a home in the English capital.
He added: “I would like to, it is a good investment, but it is not true.” Setanta

Blog Archive