QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, April 25, 2008

Warm Story re Ex-QPR's Dave Clement's Son, Neil Clement Talking About QPR and WBA, Milestone at Loftus Road and His Daughter as Mascot for The Day

-
There is an obvious special place in the heart of QPR fans for Dave Clement.

Express and Star Clem set for emotional milestone

Neil Clement is hoping to complete a “dream” return from injury hell by making his 300th Albion appearance next week at the footballing home of his father
.

And the Baggies’ longest-serving player is hoping to make next Sunday’s emotional trip to QPR a real family affair – by persuading young daughter Olivia to become a mascot.

The defender is in line to reach his Albion triple century at Loftus Road, where his father Dave spent 14 years as a player.


Tragically, Dave took his own life in 1982 believing his career was over after suffering a broken leg.

Neil was just three but he still feels the emotional ties to Loftus Road, where his last appearance coincidentally came on the 25th anniversary of his dad’s death. And he is acutely aware of the potential significance of reaching a career milestone at Loftus Road, hopefully having clinched an unprecedented third promotion with Albion and helped the club to the Championship title.“Hopefully I can make all of this come true because it is almost like a dream,” he said.

“If I stay fit and stay in the team it would be my 300th game at my old man’s old club. I am trying to get my little girl to be mascot but she is a little bit nervous at the moment. It would be a proud moment.”

Clement has played at QPR just three times before as an Albion player, and he revealed in the past how special it is to return to the former stomping ground of his father, who won five England caps.

“I love going to QPR and trying to do my best,” he said. “The fans remember my dad very well at Rangers and I hope some of that comes out whenever I play there. I’m proud of what he achieved.”


A triple-century of Albion appearance is not the only piece of history that beckons for Clement. He is on the brink of becoming the first player ever to win promotion three times in Baggies colours. And he reckons this promotion would trump his previous successes.

“This time would cap it all. The team has played some smashing football,” he added. Express and Star

Blog Archive