QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, April 12, 2008

QPR - Once Again - Concede Injury Time Equalizer at Hull: Reports

QPR took the lead in the first half through Dexter Blackstock. Then in injury time, Hull got their equalizer. And THEN, Hull almost got a winner. Updated Table

Updated Minute-by-Minute Report

HULL OFFICIAL SITE - Turner Salvages A Point
A goal in added time from Michael Turner saw the Tigers take a point from a 1-1 draw against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday afternoon.
Phil Brown selected the same side that beat Watford a fortnight ago with the only change coming on the bench as Ryan France replaced the ineligible Simon Walton.
Former Tiger Damien Delaney lined up for the visitors and was given a warm reception on his first return to the KC Stadium.
The opening stages of the game were evenly contested, although QPR created a half chance when Patrick Agyemang brilliantly controlled a long ball before firing a shot straight at Boaz Myhill.
QPR took the lead in the 14th minute in bizarre circumstances. A quick counter attack saw a low cross come in from the left which Wayne Brown almost turned into his own net. Myhill did brilliantly to keep the ball out but it ricocheted off a Rangers forward and off the inside of the post before Sam Ricketts cleared.

But the assistant referee flagged immediately to say the ball had crossed the line before Ricketts had connected and despite City's protestations, a goal was given.

It almost got worse for City eight minutes later when they struggled to clear a corner, Myhill just about preventing Agyemang from getting a clear header on goal.

Myhill then had to flip away Hogan Ephraim's cross as QPR began to dominate a lethargic-looking City side.

Hope for the Tigers came when they were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Rangers 'D' on 27 minutes. Andy Dawson took it and forced Lee Camp to tip the ball over the bar before a free kick was awarded to the visitors from the resulting corner.

City had loud claims for a penalty waved away on 34 minutes when Fraizer Campbell appeared to be tripped in the box, but the referee was unimpressed.

Half Time: Tigers 0-1 QPR

The referee produced the first card of the game two minutes after the break as he booked Martin Rowlands for a challenge on Richard Garcia.

The Australian picked up an injury from that challenge and he was replaced by Bryan Hughes seven minutes later.

Despite looking a little more lively, City were struggling as an attacking force and were getting very little change out of the Rangers defence.

City's second change came on 61 minutes when Caleb Folan replaced Henrik Pedersen as City switched to a 4-3-3 formation.

An injection of pace from Campbell won City a corner on 69 minutes but Dawson's delivery was too strong. Moments later, Folan headed wide from Hughes' cross.

Campbell then won City a free kick when his run was blocked off by Michael Mancienne. Dean Windass took it, but Camp managed to save it at the second attempt.

Campbell was starting to cause problems for QPR and his shot on 75 minutes went just wide of the near post.

City then made their final change as Craig Fagan replaced the largely ineffective Windass.

A cross from Hughes in the 81st minute was well headed down by Folan into the path of Campbell, but his header was weak and well saved by Camp.

Fagan was booked seconds later for a foul on Gareth Ainsworth.

Camp's antics when coming out of his area to deal with a long ball had the City fans up in arms, but QPR were remaining strong at the back and rarely giving the home side a sniff.

The Tigers finally dragged themselves level as the game entered five minutes of added time. Campbell found Folan on the right and after running at Delaney, he crossed for Michael Turner, now playing as a forward, to tap home at the far post.

City were now looking for a winner and when Folan nodded down for Campbell, he could only scuff a shot into the hands of Camp.

Tigers: Boaz Myhill, Sam Ricketts, Michael Turner, Wayne Brown, Andy Dawson, Richard Garcia (Hughes 54), Ian Ashbee, Dean Marney, Henrik Pedersen (Folan 61), Fraizer Campbell, Dean Windass (Fagan 75).

Subs: Matt Duke, Ryan France, Bryan Hughes, Craig Fagan, Caleb Folan.

QPR: Lee Camp, Gavin Mahon, Damien Delaney, Damion Stewart, Michael Mancienne, Gareth Ainsworth (Connolly 90), Martin Rowlands, Hogan Ephraim, Fitz Hall, Dexter Blackstock (Leigertwood 56), Patrick Agyemang (Balanta 81).

Subs: Matt Pickens, Kieran Lee, Angelo Balanta, Mikele Leigertwood, Matt Connolly.

Referee: Mr G. Laws.

Attendance: 22,468 - Hull

An injury-time equaliser denied Rangers their first league double of the season as Hull snatched a point at the KC Stadium.
Dexter Blackstock was credited with the controversial 13th-minute strike that gave the Rs a lead they held for almost the entire game, but Michael Turner rescued the promotion hopefuls in stoppage time.
After his heroics against Preston, Gareth Ainsworth made his first start since early January, and was soon involved with a header that Bo Myhill dived to save.

Ainsworth then set up Patrick Agyemang, who turned his marker and forced another save from Myhill, but there was controversy when Rangers snatched the lead on 13 minutes.

Hogan Ephraim broke on the left and his low cross deflected off Turner, Myhill and the post, and Blackstock, who was following up, appeared to get the final touch.

Referee Graham Laws was unconvinced, but the linesman ruled that the ball had crossed the line, incurring the fury of the Tigers faithful.

Rangers roared into the ascendancy, with Agyemang and Ephraim finding holes in the Hull defence, but Lee Camp was called into action in the 25th minute, flinging out an arm to tip Andy Dawson's free-kick over the bar.

Fraizer Campbell then burst into the area, but went down under pressure and his appeals for a penalty were rejected by Laws as Hull's frustration mounted.

Rangers remained solid at the start of the second half, but were forced into a reshuffle when Blackstock limped off 10 minutes after the restart, to be replaced by Mikele Leigertwood.

Hull created a half-chance when Michael Mancienne's headed clearance fell to Dean Marney, but the ex-Rs loan player skied his half-volley into the stand.

At the other end, Ainsworth evaded Dawson and set off on a buccaneering run that took him into the penalty area, but his disappointing cross was easily cleared.

The home side threw on Caleb Folan as a third striker and his header, from a Bryan Hughes cross, flew just wide of the far post.

Gavin Mahon set up Ephraim, who tested Myhill with a 25-yarder, but Rangers found themselves under increasing pressure.

Camp held onto a free-kick from Dean Windass at the second attempt, while the nippy Campbell twisted free inside the box and fired into the side netting.

The visitors survived another scare as Camp kept out Campbell's header and, with Angelo Balanta brought on to play a lone forward role, they prepared to batten down the hatches.

And they seemed to have succeeded until the first minute of injury time, when Folan scampered down the right and crossed for the unmarked Turner to slam in the equaliser.

Hull City: Myhill, Dawson, Ashbee, Turner, Windass (Fagan 75), Garcia (Hughes 54), Brown, Pedersen (Folan 61), Ricketts, Marney, Campbell.

Subs not used: Duke, France.

Bookings: Fagan 82

Goals: Turner 90+1

QPR: Camp, Delaney, Mahon, Stewart, Mancienne, Ainsworth, Blackstock (Leigertwood 56), Rowlands, Agyemang (Balanta 81), Ephraim, Hall.

Subs not used: Pickens, Lee, Connolly.

Bookings: Rowlands 48, Leigertwood 90

Goals: Blackstock 13

Referee: Mr G Laws

Attendance: 22,468 QPR

Teams: QPR: Camp, Delaney, Mahon, Stewart, Mancienne, Ainsworth, Blackstock, Rowlands, Agyemang, Ephraim, Hall.
Subs: Pickens, Lee, Balanta, Leigertwood, Connolly.

Hull City: Myhill, Dawson, Ashbee, Turner, Windass, Garcia, Brown, Pedersen, Ricketts, Marney, Campbell.
Subs: Duke, Hughes, France, Folan, Fagan.

Blog Archive