QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, January 02, 2009

Wayne Routledge Chooses QPR Over Cardiff

-
- Visit the QPR Report Messageboard for additional football articles and for board perspectives. All views welcome!


QPR Official Site - Rs Sign Villa Acs
- Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Aston Villa wide-man Wayne Routledge.
The 23 year-old midfielder has signed a three-and-a-half year deal in W12, after the Hoops agreed an undisclosed fee with the Midlands outfit for his services.
Routledge, who has been capped at England Under-21 level, has just returned from a successful loan spell at fellow Championship side Cardiff City.
He had previously enjoyed productive spells with Crystal Palace - with whom he secured promotion to the top-flight - and Premier League trio Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth and more recently, Fulham.
Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Routledge expressed his delight at sealing a move to Loftus Road, commenting: "I'm thrilled to be here.
"QPR are a Club with huge ambitions and as soon as they showed their interest in me, I was determined to speak to them.
"The Manager has a great vision about where he wants to take the Club and he sees me playing a big part in that. It's nice coming back to London, but the geography didn't play a big part in my decision - the reason I am here is because the Manager showed an unbelievable desire to get me to QPR and I am delighted to have sealed the move."
R's boss Paulo Sousa believes the arrival of Routledge represents a significant coup for the Club.
"I am delighted we've been able to bring Wayne to QPR," he said.
"There were a number of Clubs interested in signing him, but we've got our man and I couldn't be happier.
"He is a young, exciting talent, who is very capable at this level. He's quick, can score and create goals, and will add to the already healthy competition we have in the wide areas."
Sousa added: "He is a player we can count on for our long term project. His versatility will allow us to play with other dynamics.
"I love to see my wingers attack their full-backs and Wayne fits perfectly into that mould."
Routledge, who will wear the number 7 shirt, is set to be unveiled prior to Saturday's FA Cup tie against Burnley.
*To purchase tickets for Saturday's third round tie against the Clarets, call 08444 777 007 or click here - QPR

Blog Archive