QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, March 09, 2012

Sousa Reacts to "Four Year Plan"/Comments on Briatore & Paladini...QPR's Massive Financial Loss...Year Ago Today QPR and Paladini Charged over Faurlin

-

-
- Follow QPR REPORT on TWITTER!

- QPR REPORT MESSAGEBOARD - Visit the cutting-edge, football-only, QPR Report messageboard (and see items you won't usually read elsewhere
-
- Visit the truly-fascinating Bushman QPR Photo Archives

____________________________________________________________________________________

- Trauma Flashback: Year Ago Today: QPR and Gianni Paladini Charged over the Faurlin Transfer

- QPR's Official Supporters Club (OSC) - Minutes of (Relatively) Recent Meeting

- Five Years Ago Today: "QPR Facing New Crisis" as Club Faced Relegation Fight

- On This Day, March 9: Mike Ferguson Turns Sixty-Nine...1974: FA Cup Quarter Final Disappointment as Leicester Beat QPR with two goals from Debutant (Video)

- Guardian Looks at Clubs in Premiership Relegation Fight

- Twenty Years Since Publication of Nick Hornsby's Fever Pitch. BBC Looks at Football



- QPR's Latest Set of Accounts now out and can be read by clicking here
- "...Group Operating losses were £25.7 million
-"Net Debt as of 31 May 2011 has increased to £56.2 million (2010 £33.8 Million"
[Wages and Salaries: Went up 11 million pounds: from £15,016 in 2010 to £26,377 in 2011.]
- Read the Accounts:


Daily MAIL/Neil Moxley - EXCLUSIVE: Sousa backs himself in QPR row after Four Year Plan screening

Paulo Sousa has broken his silence on the controversial QPR documentary, claiming it was ‘impossible’ for him to have been successful under Flavio Briatore.

The two-time European Cup winner has defended his reputation following the fly-on-the-wall film that charted his five-month stay at Loftus Road.

Sousa was undermined repeatedly by both co-owner Briatore and the club’s sporting director Gianni Palladini as he attempted to steer the west London club away from the lower reaches of the Championship.

In one excerpt Palladini is shown telephoning Briatore to moan about Sousa’s tactics. He then stands outside the dressing-room at half-time, demanding that the manager fields two strikers instead of one.

Matters came to a head when Sousa was sacked for 'divulging highly sensitive information' regarding Dexter Blackstock's transfer to Nottingham Forest - an accusation later rejected by the club’s boss.

Palladini was also later seen referring to Sousa as 'that idiot' before the axe fell.

The former Juventus midfielder, currently managing Videoton in Hungary, said: 'I think people could see for themselves what was going-on. It was as it appeared to be. And that made it impossible for any manager or coach to be successful.

'As a manager, I’ve always said that I’m flexible. That I can adapt to the needs of the players, the staff and the club where I am working. But interference from the boardroom in team matters - both in the dressing-room and at the training ground - meant no-one stood a chance.

'In my time as a player and manager I’ve never known anything like it. Not before nor since.'
Powers the be: Flavio Briatore (top right) was shown to meddle in team matters in the documentary Four Year Plan

Powers the be: Flavio Briatore (top right) was shown to meddle in team matters in the documentary Four Year Plan

Sousa was the first of a succession of bosses brought in to lead the club to promotion, a feat that was eventually achieved by Neil Warnock after Briatore and Palladini had left the club.

He maintained too that the film accurately portrayed what went on with Blackstock’s transfer to the City Ground, adding: 'I don’t need to explain that, people can see for themselves what went on.'

And he claimed that had he been allowed to foster a relationship with board member Amit Bathia that he too would have stood a far better chance.
New dawn: Tony Fernandes is now the man in charge at QPR

New dawn: Tony Fernandes is now the man in charge at QPR

'The players were confused,' he said, 'I'm sure if you speak to them, they will tell you that. The squad enjoyed playing for me, I had a feeling for them, the culture of the club and for the fans who are at the heart of QPR.

'I also had a positive relationship with Amit. He was a person with whom you could talk. I explained to him that the influence of Flavio and Palladini was a negative one. Unfortunately it was too late for me.

'When they stepped back, it was normal again. I remain convinced that I would have achieved things with that club if I had been allowed to operate how I wanted.'

Asked for his feelings on his reign now, Sousa said: 'I appreciated the pair of them giving me the opportunity to manage in England. I cannot forget Flavio’s influence in that.

'Would I shake his hand? It depends on the moment. I’m not a person to keep bad things inside me. But I’m also not a man who forgets.' Daily Mail


- Next: Bolton

Blog Archive