QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, April 29, 2007

How Ex-QPR Players Did Yesterday

-
Update Sunday:
Lee Camp played for Derby in their 2-0 loss at Crystal Palace. Ex-QPR loan Mark Kennedy scored for Palace as did one-time almost QPR signing, Clint Morrison. On the Palace bench: Dougie Freedman. Team

Saturday:Ex-QPR center-backs, Danny Shittu and Clarke Carlise both played the entire game for Watford yesterday (and both were booked)as they lost 1-0 at Sheffield United. "...Clarke Carlisle was a lucky man, though. Fortune not have been sent off in the first-half for an overzealous challenge on Paddy Kenny, the defender then benefited from a case of mistake identity on 36 minutes. Dan Shittu was booked for catching Jon Stead with an arm when it had been Carlisle who had commited the foul. - Match Report

Peter Crouch was one of a number of Liverpool players rested before their coming European Championship game against Chelsea BBC

Kevin Gallen came on in the 75th minute for Ian Holloway/Tim Breacker/Gary Penrice's Plymouth who beat Preston 2-0 (and are now 12th, equal points with Cardiff)- Team

Jamie Cureton was substituted after 80 minutes and failed to score as Colchester lost 3-1 to Stoke. Team
With one game to go, Cureton remains the Division's top goalscorer with 23 goals - Chart

Richard Langley came on in the 82nd minute for Luton who won 3-1 at Southend. Team

Matt Rose missed Yeovil's 1-0 win that put Yeovil in the playoffs - Team "MMatty Rose injured his calf last weekend, and unfortunately has not recovered in time" Yeovil Official Site. Terrell Forbes played the full game for Yeovil.

Ian Evatt played in Blackpool's 3-1 win vs Champions Scunthorpe - Team

ForDean Wilkins' Brighton, Rehman played while Ward was not in the 16. (Brighton lost 1-2 to Oldham - Team

Goalkeepers:!
Simon Royce played in Gillingham's 1-1 draw at Bournemouth - Team

Chris Day
and Sean Thomas were both non-playing subs in the Millwall vs Bristol City game (Milwall winning 1-0. Game

Martin Allen's MK Dons won 2-0 at Wycombe (without of course the injure Tommy Doherty). For MK Dons, Knight came on for Dyer. In goal for MK Dons, Bancole with Lee Harper on the bench.

Richard Edghill was subsituted after 80 minutes as Bradford lost 3-0 at Chesterfield and were relegated. Team

Justin Cochrane played the first hour for relegated Rotherham in their 2-4 loss at home to Cheltenham - Game

And for two ex-QPR Chairman, not so good news:
Swindon, whom Bill Power is reportedly seeking to take control of, lost 1-0 to Bristol Rovers - Report

And for Chris Wright (and David Davies) WASPS Rugby team, their defeat to Leicester Tigers means "Despite a brave fightback in the last quarter, a three try raid for Leicester on either side of half time sealed victory for the Tigers this afternoon, by 40-26. The win for the Midlanders mean no place in the play offs for Wasps in the first time in the five years of their existence, and leaves Wasps with a three week lay off before the Heineken Cup Final, again against Leicester, at Twickenham in three weeks time. " Report

And former manager Ian Holloway's Programme Notes from yesterday
"...THIS season has been the most exciting season of my life as a manager.
I have ended up at a football club that I have never played for. A huge majority of you fans here wanted me before I came and you have been so fantastic in welcoming me with open arms. I hope you can see that I am enjoying being here.
... I am one point away from the best total that any of my teams has ever had at this level - I had 62 points at QPR once - and we have got six points left to play for.
We are currently nine points outside the play-off places, which is quite unbelievable when you look at all the draws that we have had - 16.
So I am very, very optimistic for next season. I think the lads have been exceptionally good, although I think there is some room for improvement on set-pieces against, and set-pieces for, and I think we can sort that out.
We have let far too many goals in, and there are areas of the overall squad that we need to try to strengthen.
I want us to grow. I genuinely believe we can, with our passion, go forward. The size of this club has the potential to go forward.
What we need to do is maximize that potential. Myself, my staff, the board, the playing staff will give everything we have to try to achieve that. I hope you will see that, and know that, if we do not make it, it will not be for the want of trying.
That is all I can give. My dad said to me years ago: "If you don't make it, son, let it be through lack of ability, rather than lack of effort."
I believe the great Green Army, which is behind us, will accept that totally. That is why we are meant to be together - our values are exactly the same. Our team works hard; we chase; we fight; we keep going until the end.
That is the bare minimum for us. I hope we can add some talent that will unlock a door for us at this level. We will continue trying to attack teams, not let so many goals in, and maybe some of our young fellows who have come shining through - a major plus for us - will be even bigger names in the future.
What is important in a football club is balance - balance of youth and experience - and I think our experienced players have been outstanding: Barry; Lilian; Wottsy, before he got injured, Chuck; even Tony Capaldi was fantastic at the start of the season. I have enjoyed working with him.
It is not a surprise to me that these players have been winners I the past, and I think they have won again this year.
I think they have far exceeded what should be expected of a club of our size and our budget.
You have also been absolutely outstanding this season. Please buy another season-ticket. Plymouth

Blog Archive