QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Nygaard Stays at QPR...Kevin Gallen Joins MK Dons ("Wimbledon")

-
Marc Nygaard signs new one year deal with QPR. Kevin Gallen chooses MK Dons over Plymouth.

QPR Official Site - NYGAARD PENS DEAL
Danish front-man Marc Nygaard has put pen to paper on a new contract at Loftus Road.
The 30 year-old striker, who was offered a new contract by Manager John Gregory at the end of May, has agreed a new one-year deal.
Gregory, who has already added Chris Barker, John Curtis and Danny Nardiello to his squad over the summer, expressed his delight at the deal: "I'm delighted that Marc has finally signed a new deal,'' he told www.qpr.co.uk.
"He played a significant role in helping us to stay up last season and even though we now have five strikers, it is my personal opinion that you can never have enough players for that position.
"It does give me the ability to rotate them all, as we have at least 48 matches to cram in to 38 weeks. We are going to need all five of them at various times."
Nygaard played an integral role in the R's run-in last season, scoring a valuable double against Leicester City, as well as providing the all-important assist for Dexter Blackstock's goal of the season strike against Preston North End.
The Great Dane, who has six international caps to his name, joined the R's from Italian side Brescia in 2005 and has since made 50-plus appearances in all competitions...QPR
UPDATE: MK DONS OFFICIAL SITE - MK DONS SIGN KEVIN GALLEN
Milton Keynes Dons have signed former QPR striker Kevin Gallen.
The 31-year-old frontman becomes the first signing of Paul Ince's reign as manager of the Dons and is set to join the rest of the squad in Portugal for pre-season training.
Speaking to www.mkdons.com after completing his signing, Kevin said: "I'm delighted it's all sorted - I've just passed the medical and the Chairman's shown me round the new stadium, which took about two hours because he showed me absolutely everything!
"I have to say I'm really impressed, it's a fine ground and I can't wait to play some football here.
Looking ahead to the coming campaign, Kevin made it clear that he is looking forward to working with the Dons' new manager. He continued:It's a tough season ahead and I'm looking forward to it - I'm looking forward to playing in that new ground - that was a major pull factor to me joining this club, plus Paul Ince being manager.
"I hope to do my best, work as hard as possible and the aim is to get promoted and help the team, which is already very good and very unlucky not to get promoted last year." MK Dons

BBC - Ince beats Argyle to Gallen deal
Milton Keynes Dons boss Paul Ince has signed striker Kevin Gallen, who was also a target for Plymouth.
Gallen, 31, who was released by Queens Park Rangers in May, was offered terms by Argyle after spending the second half of last season on loan there.
But he told the Dons' website: "I'm delighted it's sorted. I'm looking forward to playing in the new stadium, which the chairman's shown me round.
"That was a major factor to me joining this club, plus Paul being manager."
Gallen made 366 legaue appearances in two spells with QPR, and has also played for Huddersfield, Barnsley and Plymouth.
He becomes Ince's first signing at Milton Keynes, following the departure of striker Clive Platt to Colchester. BBC

Blog Archive