QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, August 10, 2007

Snippets: Ben Sahar Turns 18....Les Ferdinand Q&A...No QPR Players in "Hardest Men" List

-
Ex-QPR Marcus Bean joins Rotherham on loan (from Blackpool) "Rotherham United have completed the signing of Blackpool midfielder Marcus Bean on a month's loan with a view to extending the deal....BBC


QPR's Chelsea Loanee, Ben Sahar turns 18: Born August 10, 1989.
Ben Sahar. See Ben Sahar/Wikipedia


Guardian Q&A with Les Ferdinand
"... At which of your many clubs were you most happy?
I'd have to say Newcastle. It was a great time to play for them and because we were winning there was a real buzz about the city. Also, moving away from London meant I was away from my family and friends for the first time so I had to grow up - I decided to learn life skills like cooking, cleaning and all that sort of stuff. I even learned the saxophone and how to ride a motorbike. Actually, I'm not sure riding motorbikes counts as a life skill but you get my drift..." - Ferdinand Q&A


Lee Cook/ICONS - Ready for a difficult season
After recovering from a knee problem it was brilliant to play my first 45 minutes since the back-end of last season on Friday night. It was also especially nice to make my first Fulham appearance at Loftus Road, so that I could say a proper goodbye to the Hoops fans – and I was really happy with the reception they gave me. Mind you, I did hear one or two jibes, but you can never please everyone can you?!
Considering it was my first match I felt OK fitness-wise, and overall I was satisfied with how things went. I was also on the receiving end of a couple of very hard tackles but I didn't mind that one bit. In fact they did me good. It was a proper test for my knee and thankfully I haven't felt any ill-effects from the game
I am due to have another run-out against Aldershot on Tuesday night. The gaffer has had a chat to me, and says I can have an hour if I feel up to it. If I can manage that, which I hope I will, then I may be considered for a place in the squad for the big one on Sunday – Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium... |
It's a pity for me that the Arsenal game is our first one, because that is one of the matches I was looking forward to most when I joined Fulham. It's come a bit early for me to start, but I will be pleased to be part of the squad nonetheless if I'm given the opportunity.
I am starting to really settle in now. It wasn't easy at first because I was injured and had to stay at home while the lads were in Hong Kong, but now that I'm training I feel as if I'm getting to know everyone much better. We have a mixture of foreign and British lads, including a whole load from Northern Ireland, so it's a good blend..." Icons


For better or worse, no QPR players listed in The Times "Football's 50 greatest hard men" - The Times Hardest Men

Blog Archive