QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, August 09, 2007

John Gregory Selects His QPR Captain

-
QPR OFFICIAL SITE - CAPTAIN MARVEL (Adam Bolder)

Adam Bolder has been named as the new captain of Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

The no-nonsense midfielder was informed of the news by gaffer John Gregory this afternoon.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Bolder said "I got a phone call from the Manager as I was leaving the training ground. He said he wanted to have a chat with me, and when I got back he told me I was going to be the captain.

"It came as a surprise, but it's nice to be given the responsibility and it's a great honour to be captain of a Club like QPR.''

Bolder, who joined the R's in January from Derby County, added: "It won't affect my game at all. I'm fairly vocal on the pitch anyway, so I don't think I will feel the need to talk anymore than I already do.

"There are 11 captains out there for us anyway, so I don't see it as added pressure.

"I never like losing but maybe I will take it more personally if we lose when I'm the captain of the side."

Gregory added: "I have decided to make Adam team captain. He is the outstanding candidate for the job - simple as that!"

*A full interview with Bolder will be available tomorrow, exclusively to QPR World subscribers. QPR

Blog Archive