QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

QPR's Acting Manager Steve Gallen Also Considered Standing Down

-
-QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!...QPR REPORT UPDATED THROUGHOUT THE DAY!

-Also Check out the "cutting-edge" combination messageboard and quasi-blog QPR Report Messageboard. If your interest is constantly-updated QPR-related news; QPR nostalgia; and items on some other broader football-related isssues: QPR Report Messageboard is one such site. All opinions welcome!

- The Guardian and Four Four Two Interpretative Pieces re Today's Events

Teamtalk - Gallen considered leaving
- Steve Gallen admits that he did consider joining fellow coaches John Gorman and Keith Ryan in temporarily standing down from his duties at QPR.
- Gallen and Marc Bircham have been placed in charge of the Championship side after manager Jim Magilton was suspended on Wednesday pending an investigation into an alleged incident in Monday night's defeat at Watford.

Gorman and Ryan have both opted not to continue their work at Loftus Road until Magilton's situation is resolved, and Gallen was tempted to follow them until his loyalty to the club kicked in.

When asked by BBC Radio 5 Live if he had to think hard about responding to the club's request to take over he said: "Yes I did. The truth is I have been an QPR a long time as a coach. I was there as a player, but I've been there 13 seasons. I've been there a long time.

"Jim Magilton, I like him a lot. The manager and John Gorman have been brilliant to me and Keith Ryan is a personal friend of mine. It was in my mind (to leave) but I work for QPR and I will support QPR. I want to do well."

Gallen also said he "did not know the full facts" about what had happened with Magilton, but added that the club's players were "disappointed" by the situation" Teamtalk

Blog Archive