QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Warnock Says Staying at Crystal Palace (For Now)

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- For comprehensive and latest QPR news-related pieces and discussion, visit the football-only, somewhat-different QPR Report Messageboard. All QPR Perspectives genuinely welcomed! Or comment on any of the articles posted below

- Birthday for QPR's (suddenly-become) #2 Goalie Also: Paul Bruce Turns 32

- Best of Luck to Former QPR Chairman Bill Power (BP): A True QPR Mensch

- Waiting for the Club's Apology for Tuesday's "Balagan"!

- Meanwhile, an apology from Weymouth Football Club

- Next: QPR vs Doncaster

- Rowan Vine to Brighton?


- World's 50 Highest-paid Players & Top Twenty Most-Visited Club Websites

- In case it's Iain Dowie: Past Arrival and Departure Statements for Dowie

- The QPR Managerial Merry-Go-Round: QPR Arrival and Departure Statements since Ray Wilkins

Standard Simon Johnson - Neil Warnock: My future’s safe . . . for the moment
- Neil Warnock today revealed he will remain in charge of Crystal Palace for the time being after holding crisis talks with administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.
- Warnock, linked with a switch to Queens Park Rangers, has been deeply unhappy with the way Palace have been run since they went into administration last month.
- The 61-year-old has been considering his future and met with Guilfoyle for 90 minutes this morning to discuss the situation.
- Warnock confirmed he expects to be in charge when the club, who lost 3-1 at home to relegation rivals Reading last night in the Championship, take on Aston Villa in the FA Cup fifth-round replay in the Midlands next week.
- He said: “I hope to still be in charge against Villa. I know there will still be talk of my future but I just want to get us some points in the League.
- “I had a long chat with the administrator and we agreed to keep everything we talked about confidential.
- “I haven't discussed anything time-wise about my role, just what is happening at the club at the minute.
- “He told me one or two things and I told him one or two things.
- “It was nice to find out what is happening behind the scenes. I've not really been hearing enough.
- “I know what is happening regarding my staff etc, but I've got to answer everybody's problems at the minute.
- “It was a decent meeting and nothing's changed regarding my position. I've told him that I will try my hardest to get us back to winning ways (against Coventry at Selhurst Park) on Saturday.
- “It was all very civil. He has a job to do and I get on all right with him. He is aware that the 10-point deduction came as a massive blow to me, he knows how I feel. The most important thing is we bounce back from the defeat against Reading.
- “Some of the players were a bit tired after all their effort against Aston Villa, but they have to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get points on the board.” Standard

-

Blog Archive