QPR Report Twitter Feed
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
QPR Report Wednesday Update: Hulse's Agent Explains Rejection...Why Becoming Harder to Like QPR
- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
- QPR reportedly for Michel Morganella
- QPR Fan Grace Murphy in St Louis, Missouri (USA) for Operation. The People of St.Louis Help Out
- QPR's Joe Oastler Joins Torquay
- Further Open Questions to The Official Supporters Club (OSC) - (Still Lacking Contact Info)
- Ex-QPR Jamie Cureton Joins Orient
- Ex-QPR Simon Walton Looking Forward to New Season with Plymouth
- Westfield Courting West Ham
- Four Year Flashback: John Curtiss Joins QPR
- Four Year Flashback II: Two New Coaches Join QPR
- Birthday for Terry Venables's First QPR Signing
- Argentina's River Plate Club Examined
- QPR's Pre-Season Updated: Playing Atalanta
- Hulse Turns Down Millwall Move. His Agent Explains
Football League - Hulse not interested in Hoops exit
- QPR striker Rob Hulse has no intention of leaving Loftus Road and wants to establish himself as a force in the Premier League, according to the player's agent.
- Hulse has been linked with a move away this summer but his agent Matt Buck insists he is fully focused on proving his worth in the top flight - a stance that recently saw him reject the chance of joining Millwall.
- "There was an inquiry to QPR and there was an inquiry to Rob to see what his thoughts were on it," Buck told Press Association Sport. "Basically he wants to go back pre-season and try to prove himself to the coaching staff and people at QPR that he warrants a place in the Premier League 25-man squad."
- He added: "And hopefully the Premier League matchday squad."
- He added: "Rob is not even considering temporary moves at the moment.
- "With Millwall if the situation changes we told them we would keep them in informed like anybody else.
- "But his whole 100% focus is to get back, work hard in pre-season, work hard in the friendly games and prove he is worth that place."
- Hulse penned a three-year deal with QPR when he joined from Derby last summer, but only made 12 starts in the second tier.
Dan King/News Of The World - Why it's become harder to like the not-so-Super Hoops
June 28, 2011
- UNLESS you are a Chelsea fan, it is hard not to have a soft spot for Queens Park Rangers.
- Or at least, it was.
- In what should be a summer of celebration as they return to the top flight, something is not right at Loftus Road. Quite a few things, actually.
- Up and down... Manager Neil Warnock (left) and player Alejandro Faurlin (right) Up and down... Manager Neil Warnock (left) and player Alejandro Faurlin (right) When I was growing up, QPR went from plucky FA Cup Finalists to Premier League respectability. They were part of the landscape.
- Sure, they annoyed everyone with their plastic pitch, but they had decent players, an attractive style and a certain, slightly down-at-heel, West London charm.
- I can remember watching them demolished by Manchester United's Andrei Kanchelskis and later snatching a deserved draw with Chelsea.
- Invited by a Super Hoops-supporting mate both times, the atmosphere standing in the West Paddock at pitch level was great. It felt like proper football.
- That was the first season of the Premier League and a lot has changed since then, only some of it for the better.
- When I first started working as a football reporter in 2000, there was still something homely and decent about a trip to Twyford Avenue in West Acton to chat to Gerry Francis or Kevin Gallen.
- The ongoing uncertainty about the future of Neil Warnock tells you everything you need to know about the current regime
- Tony the Tailor, who was there every week with his rail of clothes for the players to try on, ended up making suits for my wedding.
- But as Rangers gear up for their first season in the Premier League since 1996, they seem to epitomise a lot of what is wrong with the game - only without the trophies to go with it. A poor man's - or should that be an even richer men's? - Manchester City.
- Billionaires with little understanding of football squabbling over who is going to own the club? Check (or cheque).
- Bizarre off-the-field shenanigans? Buenos dias, Alejandro Faurlin.
- Massive ticket price hikes? Welcome to the recession-proof industry of football.
- The ongoing uncertainty about the future of Neil Warnock tells you everything you need to know about the current regime. We don't just make these stories up, you know. Despite bringing QPR back to the promised land, Warnock's job is far from safe.
- He is not everyone's cup of tea. But you cannot argue with his record of getting teams promoted and the least he deserves is a chance to keep them up.
- Can Flavio Briatore honestly say that another manager could do a better job with the players Warnock is likely to have at the start of the season?
- QPR's chances of attracting better footballers have hardly been enhanced by the row over promotion bonuses which has only just been resolved.
- The billionaires' blueprint for Rangers - "boutique football" is the irritating phrase Briatore once used - seems to be to squeeze everyone for every penny they possibly can while clinging on to Premier League status.
- That's business, you may say. And no one wants another Portsmouth, a club loaded with decent players they could not afford to pay.
- But no one wants a club that has lost its soul and dignity either. News of The World
- QPR/St Jude Plaque Commemoration
- Five Year Flashback: "THE TRIAL" Not Guilt Verdicts
- "Who Knew?!" - Jamie Mackie Played in Wimbledon's Last League Game before became MK Dons
- Two-Year old Article: Which Clubs do Fans of Premiership Clubs Most Hate
- Tavistock AFC vs QPR, July 18...A Tavistock Invite/Appeal...Order Tickets
- Article: The Power of Football Agents
Current Premiership Relegation Odds
- General Advice: How to Choose a Password
- Ex-QPRs: Where Are They Now?
Posted by Administrator at 8:40 AM
- ► 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (259)
- ► 2012 (372)
- Warnock NOT Gone - Club Official Statement (Club R...
- QPR Report Thursday: Turmoil at Loftus Road?...No ...
- QPR Report Wednesday Update: Hulse's Agent Explain...
- Why It's Becoming Harder to Like QPR
- QPR Report Tuesday: St Jude's...Ferdinand on QPR's...
- Minutes of The QPR-Official Supporters Club (OSC) ...
- QPR Report Monday Update and Flashbacks...Player R...
- QPR Report Sunday: Tabloids Link QPR to (Another) ...
- Routledge Revised...The Committee of the QPR Offic...
- QPR Report Friday: No Routledge Signing...Taarabt ...
- QPR Report Thursday Snippets: The Questions to the...
- QPR Report Wednesday Update
- QPR Fan Groups Speaking Out in Protest
- QPR Report Tuesday: Half Way Between Seasons
- QPR Report Monday Updates: QPR Fans and QPR: LSA S...
- QPR Report Sunday: Taarabt Wants to Leave?...QPR's...
- QPR Report Saturday: QPR: What's Happening?...Open...
- QPR Report: Fixtures...New Mittal Bid?...Warnock "...
- New Mittal Bid?...No QPR vs Parma: QPR Statement.....
- OUR QPR...QPR-Parma? Not at Loftus Road...No DJ Ca...
- QPR Report Wednesday Updates: "New" Marsh Magic Vi...
- QPR Report Tuesday Update: Amulya Loan...Player Go...
- QPR Report Sunday Updates, Flashbacks and QPR Tran...
- QPR Report Saturday Snippets: QPR Premiership Need...
- QPR Report Friday: New Mittal-Bhatia QPR Bid or Mi...
- QPR Report Update: Kyle Walker?...Warnock's Future...
- QPR Report Wednesday Snippets
- Club Meets With ITS Designated Fan Representatives...
- QPR Report Tuesday: Transfer Rumours & Snippets: H...
- QPR Report Monday Updates, Snippets and Flashbacks...
- QPR Report Sunday Tabloid Gossip, Snippets and Fla...
- QPR Report Saturday: Updates and Flashbacks
- QPR Report Friday Snippets...No QPR Appeal of FA F...
- QPR Report Thursday Update and Flashbacks...Slammi...
- QPR Report Wednesday: QPR Players Released...Guide...
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2010 (609)
- ► 2009 (867)
- ► 2008 (1621)
- ► 2007 (1727)
- ► 2006 (945)