QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, October 07, 2011

QPR Report Friday Update: QPR's CEO Talking About QPR's Need to Move...Chelsea's CEO: No Desire to Share With QPR


- QPR 1962-1963 See a whole bunch more of the Brilliant Set of Photos of QPR's 1962/63 Season (From the Bushman Archives)

- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
- Thirty-One Years Ago Today: "The Doc" Axed (Again) By QPR!

- Four Year Flashback: Warnock, Venables & Adams all Linked to Vacant QPR Managerial Position

- Another Great QPRNet Interview Q&A With Terry Fenwick re his time at QPR

- Antonio Caliendo's Golden Foot Award: Voting Closes Today

- Non-Leaguer on Trial With QPR

- "Transfer Window Killed The ITK Star" (Not QPR Per Se...!)

Dyer Reportedly out till at least Christmas...

Paul Warburton/Chronicle - Keiron Dyer's injury hell continues at QPR
LUCKLESS Keiron Dyer is set to be out of the QPR reckoning until Christmas at the earliest.

The midfielder turned defender suffered a relapse this week over an ankle injury sustained just three minutes into the season – and worse still – a new injury has added to his woes.

The distraught former England international has been forced to strap on a leg brace again, but boss Neil Warnock will stand by the 32-year-old no longer how long his return.

The manager was more guarded about a date for Dyer’s return, but admitted the player was in deep trouble.

“It’s not looking good for Keiron,” said Warnock, “and it looks as if he will need a lengthy rehab.

“There seems to be new ligament problem at the front of his foot, and he has been in a lot of pain.

“I feel for the lad, especially after the training and effort he’s made to get back.”

Dyer was signed on a free in the summer from West Ham after proving to his new manager he was fully recovered from a variety of injuries restricting the 33-cap player to just 30 appearances in four seasons.

But practically his first tackle in a hoops shirt at the opening-day defeat to Bolton required Dyer to hobble off.

Warnock added: “There has been talk we should maybe think of finding Keiron another club at Christmas, bearing in mind we have a number of new players.

“But I would like to keep him until the end of the season – he deserves that at least.” Fulham Chronicle


Fulham Chroncile/Jacob Murtagh - Nottingham Forest target returns to QPR

LEE Cook's move to Nottingham Forest has fallen through after the departure of Steve McClaren.

The QPR winger was training with the Championship club last week with a view to a possible loan move.

But the 29-year-old has returned to Loftus Road after McClaren quit the City Ground following a dismal start to the season.

Cook has made just one appearance for Rangers this campaign – against Rochdale in the Carling Cup – and was left out of Neil Warnock's 25-man Premier League squad.

Fulham Chronicle/Jacob Murtagh - Jamie Mackie ready for QPR forward fight

* Oct 7 2011

JAMIE Mackie has laid down a gauntlet to DJ Campbell for the right to partner Jay Bothroyd up front.

The striker made his first appearance for Rs in nine months when he came on towards the end of the 6-0 hammering from Fulham on Sunday.

The player suffered a double leg break in the FA Cup tie against Blackburn in January, and while Campbell has also been in the wars with viral problems, Bothroyd has looked stranded as the lone hitman.

Mackie thinks he has the answer.

“Yes, playing there is something I can do. I’d love to play up front and score goals," he said.

“I might have been a pain to the manager and my family while I was recovering, but luckily I’m mentally strong, and I’ve done a lot of rehab work and hopefully will now get the reward.” Fulham Chronicle

MIRROR - QPR chief exec: We must quit Loftus Road

QPR chief executive officer Philip Beard believes the club can compete as equals with the Premier League's elite on and off the field - but would need to build a new stadium to do so.

Beard, who was a senior member of the successful London 2012 Olympic Games bid team, joined the west Londoners six weeks ago following Tony Fernandes' recent takeover.

With player acquisitions a closed subject until January and a myriad of changes already made off the field, QPR are turning their attention to achieving long-term ambitions.

The club are looking to build their brand at home and abroad in a bid to increase revenues, while Beard has revealed a move away from Loftus Road to another part of Shepherds Bush could also be in the pipeline.

"Loftus Road has a hell of an atmosphere when there is a game on but we're constrained by the fact we have under 20,000 seats in the stadium," he told Press Association Sport.

"So if we are serious potentially about the long-term growth of the club then I think we have to be serious about looking at what I call a new football stadium as part of a hub of a wider entertainment destination.

"Literally down the road from us you have Westfield [shopping centre] and you've got great transport facilities.

"If we can grow our fanbase, both homegrown and internationally, then I hope the future is very bright for the club."

Beard has also revealed plans are under way to raise standards of other aspects of the club to "Premier League level", which may also see them move away from their Harlington training base.

"I think we have got to look at ourselves as a Premier League club," he added.

"Hopefully for the foreseeable future that is the case and because of that I think we have to look at the facilities and everything we do at the club.

"The reality is that the playing squad spend most of their time at the training facility and at the moment we rent Harlington, which isn't as good as a lot of other Premier League facilities.

"We're looking at everything at the club and my aim is to look across at other Premier League clubs and feel we are comparable in all aspects of the business.

"Both on the pitch and off the pitch, a club that can match most other clubs in the Premier League."

While QPR have impressed on the most part since Fernandes and Beard came to the club, last weekend they suffered a 6-0 defeat at near neighbours Fulham.

The result was compounded by allegations that Adel Taarabt stormed out of Craven Cottage at half-time and it was reported today that he wants to leave Rangers to earn more money.

Asked about Taarabt and today's reports, Beard said: "The honest answer is I've not seen it yet so I need to find out more.

"I think probably Sunday was a shock after how we have been playing.

"Adel has a huge amount to offer QPR. He is a very, very important part of our squad at the moment.

"But it does not matter whether you are part of a management team (or any team) you are part of a team so I don't want to single anybody out.

"It is (manager) Neil Warnock's job to look after the playing side.

"We've just got over a week until we play Blackburn and the most important thing for me is that the whole squad is working hard to come back fighting and hopefully with a win." Mirror

TALKSPORT * Exclusive - Buck: Most Chelsea fans would support a move away from Stamford Bridge
*o By Anton Stanley

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has told talkSPORT that the majority of the club’s fans would back a move away from Stamford Bridge - in the right circumstances.

The Blues’ owner, Roman Abramovich, is already mulling over a move away from their home on Fulham Road to help put the club on a par with Manchester United and Arsenal, who have stadiums which hold in excess of 60,000 fans.

And the chairman wants the club’s supporters to know that they don’t want to leave Stamford Bridge but for economical reasons it may be pertinent for Chelsea to move to a bigger ground.

Buck said: “We have been consulting the fans over the last seven or eight years because one of the questions that I get asked literally every day is what are we doing about a new stadium and I’ve talked to hundreds of fans so I think we have a pretty good feel for what the fans’ perspective is.

“There are a few fans – and I do think it’s very few - that no matter what the situation is they don’t want to move. Even if it means no money and we’re relegated to the conference or whatever and I can understand that they’re so attached to their ancestral home but I think a large body of fans recognise what the world is today and in the right circumstances they would support a move.

“I think we have to remember why Chelsea Pitch Owners was formed in the mid-nineties and that was because there was a fear that real estate developers would drive the club off this site unwillingly, we’re not talking about that.

“I think when Mr Abramovich arrived those days disappeared. I think now we’re in a situation where it’s right that the club have the freehold back so that it can determine its destiny appropriately and can look at the situation and decide for the whole site what’s better for Chelsea football club.

“And to be perfectly honest the position of the board and Mr Abramovich is no different to that of the fans. We like it here, this is a great spot. I love walking down the Fulham Road on Saturday afternoons and coming here. I don’t want to leave here but I also have to recognise that football is changing and there may be a situation in a circumstance where we will say it is right for us to move.

“It’s not an us and them situation, we’re all in the same boat here trying to do what’s best for Chelsea football club.”

But Buck was was adamant that a ground-share with Queens Park Rangers would not be on the cards.

“I don’t think our fans would consider a ground-share,” said Buck. “I’m against a ground-share and most importantly Mr Abramovich would be adverse to a ground-share.

“It just doesn’t feel right to me as a fan. Even if I have a home and it’s a new home I want it to be my home.


Posted on: Thu 06 Oct 2011

After winning the South East Conference last season for the third time in five years, QPR's Under-18s know a thing or two about playing winning football.

But that is just the beginning of the football journey.

Head of Youth Development Steve Gallen has often spoken of the importance of producing home-grown talent. While winning matches on a Saturday afternoon is pleasing, seeing one of his young squad make the step up to league football provides greater satisfaction.

And with youth products Angela Balanta (MK Dons), Max Ehmer (Yeovil), Michael Doughty (Crawley) and Bruno Andrade (Alderhsot) all featuring in either League One or League Two right now, it's fair to say Gallen is pleased.

"The fact our youth players are going out on loan to league sides shows where we are going as a Club, not just as a Youth Department," he told www.qpr.co.uk

"I watched Doughty recently for Crawley when they played at Aldershot, and he made a big difference, he really did. His quality had a big impact on the game."

Balanta has featured regularly for MK Dons this season, scoring three goals so far, while Ehmer has made 12 appearances for Yeovil this term and netted in their 3-2 Johnstone's Paint Trophy defeat to Bournemouth on Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, last weekend saw Andrade make his Shots debut in a 3-2 defeat at Accrington.

"I would have liked to see Bruno (pictured) make his debut but they were at Accrington, and I would never have been able to get there in time after our youth match in Northampton," Gallen said.

"And with Angelo scoring again for MK Dons, and Max doing well with Yeovil, it's encouraging for the future.

"Ultimately, I want to see our lads playing for our First Team but the gap between Centre of Excellence and Premier League is massive.

"We are in the best league in the world, and these kids have just come out of the youth team, so they need time to develop.

"The fact our boys are going to places like MK Dons, Aldershot, Yeovil and Crawley shows that clubs are interested in the players we are producing. And hopefully our lads can learn from these experiences.

"Our fans want the players to be in our First Team, and I understand that. But we must be patient.

"And you must look at the calibre of player we have in our First Team - Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Anton Ferdinand, Luke Young. These are established Premier League players.

"What we must do as a Youth Department is support our young lads and, hopefully, in years to come they will be in our First Team.

"And they will know the QPR way because they have been brought up on it."

- Four Four Two's Football Rich List

- Managerial Changes Cost Clubs 99 Million Pounds Last Year

- Claim England's 1966 World Cup Win was Tainted!

- Chelsea Looking to Move!

Blog Archive