QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, November 07, 2011

QPR Report Monday Update: Ferdinand Death Threat



- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER

- An Ongoing Query: What's the status of the QPR Official Supporters Club (OSC)?

- England Squad: Terry in...No one from QPR!

- Twenty-Seven Years Ago Today: Partisan Belgrade!!!

- Sunday Compilation of Match Reports & Managerial Comments re QPR vs Manchester City

- - Photo Compilation

_ QPR Poppy Shirts for Charity

- Mark Hately Turns 50

- F1 News Update for Tony Fernandes

- Three Year Flashback: Roberto Mancini as QPR's Next Manager?!

- Next Showing of "The Four Year Plan" - Amsterdam in just over a week

- Guardian Gallery (Which Featured Neil Warnock last year) seeks Adel Taarabt Photoshop Cartoons

- A NEW BOOK ABOUT QPR: Just out: a new personal account by a QPR fan, John "gramps" Clifford of what it was like following QPR in the old days (The late 1930s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.) The Book's title is "Queen's Park Rangers: The Old Days (1939-1970)" and includes a forword by former QPR (Three-time) player, Mark Lazarus, and former longtime QPR Club Secretary, Ron Phillips -Foreward by Mark Lazarus. Introduction by Ron Phillips - BOOK ORDER DETAILS

The Sun - Death threat to race row

RACE-row footballer Anton Ferdinand has become the target of a terrifying death threat, The Sun can reveal.

Cops were called in after a letter was sent to his Queens Park Rangers club following claims Anton, 26, was racially abused by Chelsea skipper John Terry in a game at Loftus Road two weeks ago.

Police investigating the death threat have told Anton to fit a panic alarm at his home.

Worried officers acted after reading the letter sent to the defender's club late last week.

The details in the note were so graphic cops told Anton and other close relatives they must take immediate precautionary measures.

Some family members are believed to have already taken the advice and installed the alarms. They are a direct connection to a nearby station and mean a police car can arrive in minutes.

Cops have launched an investigation into the threat.

The letter threatening Anton was delivered to QPR's ground by hand last Friday. Because of the detail, club bosses decided Anton should not see it.

A police spokesman said: "We confirm we are investigating an allegation of malicious communication." But he would not go into detail.

Anton gave a statement about the Terry allegation to the FA last week. The 30-year-old Chelsea star is alleged to have called Anton a "f****** black ****". Anton says he did not hear Terry make the alleged comment but was alerted to it later.

Terry denies the claim and says he was trying to clarify whether Anton thought he had abused him. Cops are investigating the allegation.

Anton wore an anti-racism T-shirt a week ago. His brother, Manchester United star Rio, 32, also wore a "United against Racism" armband during his team's 2-0 Champions League win over Otelul Galati on Wednesday The Sun

MAIL - Police called in as Ferdinand is sent 'extremely graphic death threat' over race row with Terry

QPR defender Anton Ferdinand has received a death threat in the wake of the John Terry race row.

Police were called in after a letter addressed to the 26-year-old was delivered by hand at Loftus Road.

According to The Sun, its contents are said to have been extremely graphic, and it was not shown to Ferdinand.

A Met Police spokesman said on Sunday night: 'We can confirm we are investigating an allegation of malicious communication.'

More to follow...

- Flashback: Announcement that Jude the Cat has Joined QPR!

- Soccerex Global Convention: Rio De Janeiro, November 26-30

Blog Archive