QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Gallen on Waddock, Holloway & His Injury (Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times)

-
Winning run can clinch it for Waddock
Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - 08 March 2006
KEVIN Gallen has urged his QPR team-mates to end the season on a high - and clinch the manager's job for Gary Waddock.Gallen, who has just returned to the Rangers side after a three-month injury lay-off, is convinced that a good run of form in the last 10 games will see Waddock confirmed as Ian Holloway's replacement.
And the QPR captain hopes his former team-mate Alan McDonald - who is currently assisting Waddock with coaching duties - can be persuaded to stay at Loftus Road on a permanent basis.
Realistically, the Rs will not be involved in either the play-off picture or the relegation issue this year and Gallen observed: "The play-offs would be nice, but I think that's too far away."But hopefully we can play some good football, get results and get Waddo the job. I think it's pretty likely that'll happen if we finish the season well."We're behind Waddo and I'm delighted he got his chance because he's a QPR man and I hope it goes really well for him."Hopefully then Macca will stay and he can buy some new clothes - he's still wearing the same ones he had when he was a player, so he could do with a few win bonuses!"
Gallen made his comeback with an hour's run-out in Saturday's 0-0 draw at home to Wolves, his first taste of competitive action since picking up a hamstring injury against Hull in late November.A nerve problem then developed in the striker's lower back and left him frustrated by his inability to help influence the team's fortunes during a difficult period."
Saturdays were bad enough, but what really got to me was every day, watching the lads train while I was sitting on my bike in the gym," Gallen recalled."The more time you're out, the harder it is to regain your fitness, so I was delighted to put on the kit and get back into the old routine."I couldn't have spent another Saturday shopping with the missus - she said, 'any chance of you getting fit and going back to playing football?'
"Of course I'm disappointed that I didn't get the chance to play those last games for Ian Holloway. Maybe I could have made a difference, who knows?"Ollie was good to me - he brought me back to the club and got me playing well again. But people come and go and it's a case of 'the king is dead, long live the king'.
http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/content/camden/kilburntimes/sport/story.aspx?brand=KLBTOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportklbt&itemid=WeED08%20Mar%202006%2012%3A13%3A33%3A967

Blog Archive