QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Langley on his Return to Cardiff & His QPR Future (Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times)

-
Cardiff crew no problem for Langley
Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times 22 March 2006

"....The QPR midfielder, who spent two years with the Bluebirds before returning to Loftus Road, is braced for an intimidating welcome in Wales on Saturday. Supporters regarded Langley's salary as a sizeable drain on Cardiff's resources and he was frozen out at the start of the season after making clear his desire to leave.
"Their fans can be a bit hostile at times, so it won't surprise me if it is an uncomfortable reception and they try and make it as difficult as possible for me," Langley admitted."But you expect that in football when you're going back to an old club and I'll be ready for anything." Cardiff will be scrapping for the points because they're trying to climb up into the play-offs, but I'll just be looking to go out and give a good account of myself." Once you get on the pitch you tend to forget a lot of what's going on around you and I'll be as focused as I can for that match, like I would with any other."
At the moment, getting on the pitch is proving something of a problem for Langley, who was an unused substitute in the Rs' 1-1 draw against Brighton last weekend.Caretaker boss Gary Waddock opted for the steel of Marc Bircham and Steve Lomas rather than the undoubted flair of Langley, who has nevertheless made 28 appearances since rejoining Rangers.But the 26-year-old has no regrets about leaving Cardiff, despite their surprising transformation from relegation candidates to play-off hopefuls this season."
I've settled in again in London, started playing some good football and I think I've been fairly consistent," said Langley."....
As for next season, Langley's future is still uncertain, with the contract he signed on his return to Loftus Road due to expire at the end of the current campaign.He added: "I'm still waiting to start discussions with Gianni [Paladini], but it would be nice to have my future here. I just want to push on for the rest of the season, finish on a high and see what happens
http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/content/camden/kilburntimes/sport/story.aspx?brand=KLBTOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportklbt&itemid=WeED22%20Mar%202006%2011%3A47%3A49%3A963

Blog Archive