QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ex-QPR News Update

-
Nikki Bull stays and praises Waddock...Wes Daly Moves...Danny Maddix visits..

Aldershot Official Site - Bully Stays !

Newly wed goalkeeper Nikki Bull has confirmed to 'The Shots' that, after much speculation, he will be remaining at Aldershot Town for the 2007/08 season.

Goalkeeper Nikki Bull has confirmed to 'The Shots' that he will be committed to the club for the coming season.

In a decision that will delight Shots supporters the popular 25 year old shot stopper who has made 226 appearances since arriving in the summer of 2002 said, "There has been a lot of speculation and rumours over the past few weeks and I thought that it was the right time to put all that to an end.

"I have had several meetings with the manager and Chairman over the past few days and I have a year left on my contract and I am here to stay.

"At the end of last season my advisor spoke to several interested clubs but the valuation of the club was higher than what people were prepared to pay.

"Although disappointed with that I accept that I signed a contract for Aldershot Town and they are entitled to ask what they believe my value to be".

Nikki is also conscious of the fact that he has build up a great rapport with the Aldershot supporters over the past five years and he wants to continue the great relationship that he has generated.

He continued, "I have spent five years building up the relationship with the supporters, Chairmen and Directors and I don't want to break those relationships by handing out transfer requests and making things difficult.

"I am here to stay and I am looking forward to it".

Nikki also confirms how influential the part of new manager Gary Waddock, a former boss of his at QPR, was.

"To be honest if Gary hadn't been the manager here I think that I may have moved on. Gary and the Chairman have stated quite categorically that they didn't want me to leave the football club and that is quite overwhelming for me.

"I have a lot of respect for Gary and have known him for nine years and have kept in touch with him even when I left QPR.

"I know what he wants to achieve here and whilst my ambition is to be playing at a higher level I still want to be able to achieve things here still Aldershot Town".

Nikki, who got married last month, also concluded, "This club means a lot to me and if people ask me I would say that I actually support the club and whenever I do leave I will always be back probably standing on the East Bank.

"I was frustrated last season because I really care about this club and we have to do much better this time around.

"The foundations are in place but they were last season when we threw away points. It should be an exciting season but we need to deliver every week and not just once a month or so. That is what makes clubs successful.

"I know at times my body language wasn't the best and I know people have picked up on that but it's because I care.

"For me to be in the team when we lose and concede goals then you wouldn't expect me to be jumping about being a happy bunny. It was really frustrating last season because we had the players to do the job".

Looking ahead Nikki is confident that the ingredients are there for a successful season.

"We need to generate a good team spirit. As a manager Gary will bring great man management and great coaching and he has already told the boys that he will improve us as players.

"He is very hands on and I am looking forward to working with him". Aldershot

Troubled Daly ditches Dons - By Sami Mokbel
Comment

AFC Wimbledon midfielder Wes Daly has secured a move to Conference South side Maidenhead United - bringing an end to a troubled spell at Kingsmeadow.

The central midfielder made no secret of his desire to leave the Dons in search of full-time football during the close season and only opted to stay at Kingsmeadow after the club offered him improved terms.

But now the unsettled former QPR man has decided to leave the Dons for a "small fee" on a contract that also includes a sell on clause.

However, it is understood that the midfielder has not signed professional terms at the club.


Daly's unhappy spell at the club began during the play-off semi final against Bromley in May after his nonsensical sending off halfway through the first-half for two bookable offences.

Dave Anderson's Dons side eventually lost the game 1-0 condemning the Kingsmeadow side to another season in the Ryman League - and effectively costing the Ulsterman his job.

A number of Dons supporters have not forgiven Daly for the red card and the diminutive midfielder made matters worse after failing to commit his future to the club - instead choosing to seek a route back into professional football.

And now the 23-year-old has brought his Dons hell to an end by signing for Johnson Hippolyte's side.

Dons boss Terry Brown confirmed: "Unfortunately, although we had previously agreed terms, Wes wasn't willing to commit to the club for two years and so it was decided, in the best interests of both parties, that we would allow Wes to move on.

"On behalf of the club, we wish Wes every success. He has played a significant part in the progress Wimbledon has made during his period at the club." News

Maddix makes Royal visit By Dave Pringle

FORMER Spurs and QPR player Danny Maddix was guest of honour at the Colebrook Royals presentation evening.

The event at at Chigwell's Metropolitan Police Sports ground also saw chairman and founder Bob Harding and Derwent Jaconelli, U13 manager bow out.

Jaconelli is to be manager of Leyton FC's U14 Eastern Junior Alliance team.

At the start of the 2006-2007 campaign, the U13s squad was hit by sickness and injury.

With only five games remaining, they had brought themselves to within a whisker of retaining the championship.

But even though the boys from Colebrook finished the season well with a run of victories, the poor start to meant they had to accept the runners-up spot, losing the title race by five points.

Individual awards were given to: Ife Ogunbayo and James Edkins for exceptional levels' of improvement throughout the season. Other U13 award winners were: top goal scorer James Jaconelli, runner-up Randy Toto. Players player of the year was Billy Densham and parents' player of the year (shared award) was Mitch Seymour and Liam Foster. Manager's player was James Jaconelli.

The Colebrook Royals U13 squad last season was: Reece Samuels, James Edkins, Same Matthews, Jacob Lazarus, Mitch Seymour, Ife Ogunbayo, Randy Toto, Liam Foster, Billy Debsham, James Jaconelli, Sam Phelan, Josh Russell, Billy English, Philip Roberts and Stephen Bryan. News

Blog Archive