QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Adam Bolder on QPR and Millwall...Don Howe Helping Out at Ipswich

-
Ex-QPR Coach/Manager Don Howe helping out at Ipswich

Ipswich Official - DON HOWE AT TOWN
Former England coach Don Howe is spending a couple of days working with the Town first team and coaching staff. Blues boss Jim Magilton has invited Howe down to pass on the knowledge that the highly respected coach has gained in over 50 years in the game...."I met Don when I was doing my A license coaching badge and his knowledge of the game is so extensive," Town boss Jim Magilton told the Club website.
"I have invited him down to the Club this week to spend a couple of days with the players and the staff. "He has looked at some videos of our games and will take a couple of sessions and I think it will be a great learning exercise for everyone."Ipswich


Southwark News - Adam Bolder
ON-LOAN QPR midfielder Adam Bolder would seriously consider a permanent move to the Den in January if Kenny Jackett's side can maintain their promotion form.
The attack-minded Championship star has been revelling in his new role sitting in front of the Lions back four having been left out in the cold at Loftus Road since the beginning of the season.
Having notched up over 200 appearances in the second tier, the creative maestro is convinced that Jackett's young and talented squad have what it takes to make the promotion leap this year - and can see himself being a part of it.


How important is it to be back playing in a first team?
It's good. I had not played all season and for me the first three games here was about getting some kind of match fitness back. It's been a difficult three months for me at QPR, so it's nice to get out eventually and get some games under my belt.

Have you been pleased with your performances so far?
I can play a lot better than I have but I've not been too dissatisfied. I have been brought in to tighten things up and we have had three clean sheets in three games [before Carlisle]. But I have a lot more to offer going forward and with more games, the better I will be.

How quickly did you make decision to join Millwall once asked?
It was an easy decision. I had quite a few options to play in the Championship, both at the beginning of the season on a permanent move back to Sheffield Wednesday and then some loans after a few months but the manager [Iain Dowie] wanted me to stay.

But Millwall became a great option for me. They are flying high at the moment, it's a big club that is going back in the right direction.

I knew Joe [Gallen] and Biggie [Marcus Bignot] and spoke to them and decided to make the move.

What has the transformation been like at QPR?
It has been strange and a bit weird. A lot of money has come in to the club and they have built a very good, very big squad. Things change in football and it didn't work out for Dowie. There is a new guy [Paulo Sousa] in now and hopefully for QPR they will pick up the right results.


I have not spoke to him yet and I am here for the full month and can not be recalled anyhow. I'm sure when I am allowed, I will speak to them and find out their plans.

Would you welcome a permanent move to Millwall should the chance arise?
First and foremost I wanted to come and get first team football. Ideally, I would like to be in the Championship where I have played loads of games and feel I'm good enough to play at that level.

Millwall are doing really well at the moment and if the possibility comes maybe in January and they are still doing well with things in place for promotion, then it could be an option. But there is a long way between now and then.

What do you think of the squad around you at the Den?
I look at the ability of the squad and it has got to be the strongest squad in League One, bar none. The position they are in is a reflection of the strength of the squad. It's a question of maintaining this form and keeping everybody fit, keeping the competition for places up and hopefully come May, be in the promotion spots.

How have you found slotting into Kenny Jackett's counter-attacking style?
I have always been an attacking player but when I spoke to the gaffer about a move here he asked me to sit and tighten things up. That's what I have done and though its not overly natural to me but I have enjoyed it.

It is very important at any level to hit teams on the break and the pace in this side is there for all to see. We have got options beyond the first eleven as you have seen with the subs coming on and making the difference in games.

But Millwall went through a phase of winning 4-0 and then losing 4-0 because they are open. I think it is a case of finding the happy medium and a need to maintain the flair and attacking impetus but also have someone in there to dictate things when it breaks down and to get the shape back quickly. Southwark News

Visit the QPR Report Messageboard

Blog Archive