QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Former Real Madrid Youth Director, Michel Said He Rejected QPR Coaching Role

-
Goal.com - I Was Offered Queens Park Rangers Job - Míchel
Former Real Madrid youth team director, Míchel, has said today that he was offered the Queens Park Rangers coaching job a few weeks ago but rejected it...
Since leaving his post as Real Madrid youth team director, Míchel has certainly been spilling the beans, and there was no let up today from the ex-player.
Speaking to Radio Marca, Míchel said that just a few weeks ago he was offered the coaching role at Queens Park Rangers, but rejected it, after asking permission from his club.
"What I wanted to do was to coach, but the club always knew my movements," he declared.
"In fact, three weeks ago I had an offering [from QPR] and I rejected it. I even asked permission from the club to meet with them."
Míchel also spoke about his time at Real Madrid, confirming his earlier words that he was offered a more senior role at the club during his time.
"That he [Ramón Calderón] said he didn't offer me the role of coach is not to be believed, nor is he," he said.
"I maybe made a mistake, but I mentioned it and I said the truth."
The Real Madrid legend then went on to defend everyone at the club bar the president, saying that he had a good relationship with Pedja Mijatovic and Bernd Schuster, and that he didn't have a bad word to say about the former.
James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com - Goal.com

Visit the QPR Report Messageboard

Blog Archive