QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ex-QPR Dean Parrett Goes Out on Loan...Ben Watson Speaking

-
- The QPR Report Messageboard: Visit - and even post on - the combination quasi-blog and messageboard for additional up-to-the-minute news about QPR, mixed with QPR nostalgia and items of general football interest.

- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!


- Compilation of Today's stories re Briatore/"Crashgate" and QPR


BBC - Shots sign Spurs' Parrett on loan
- Parrett knows Gary Waddock and Scott Donnelly from his QPR days.
Aldershot Town have completed the signing of former Spurs midfielder Dean Parrett on one-month loan deal.
- The 17-year-old started his career at QPR before moving to North London and featuring in the first team.
- Parrett told BBC Surrey: "I obviously know the gaffer from my QPR days and Scott Donnelly was my idol really.
= "I follow the club because of these two being at the club, I thought it was a good opportunity to come down and see what I could do really."
- Parrett, who featured for England Under-16s,said that Harry Redknapp had a message for him as he prepared to leave London for North East Hampshire.
- "He said he's got high expectations of me but it's obviously taking your time. I'm still young, so it's just getting games under my belt, seeing how I do and seeing how it progresses really."
- Shots boss Gary Waddock told BBC Surrey: "We can't thank Tottenham and Harry Redknapp enough for allowing us to bring him here to this football club.
- "He's a lad that I've known for a long time, he was at QPR, and Tottenham identified him at a young age and he went over there. He's progressed and he's played first team football for them in a European competition so it tells you the mark of the player.
- "Again we can't thank Tottenham and Harry Redknapp enough for what he's done for us." BBC


ALDERSHOT OFFICIAL SITE - Tottenham Hotspur Loan Signing Confirmed
- Shots boss Gary Waddock has signed 17-year-old creative midfielder Dean Parrett on a one-month loan from FA Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
- Hampstead-born Dean is a pacy, aggressive and creative midfielder, who begun his career as a schoolboy at Queen's Park Rangers. He attended Davor Suker's football academy in Austria and helped England's under-16 side retain the Victory Shield in 2006.
- He joined Tottenham Hotspur's academy in February 2007, quickly earning rave reviews for his performances in the youth team and captaining the club's under-18 side as a 16-year-old. He was then part of the England under-17 side that won the Algarve Tournament in 2008.
- Dean signed full pro forms in December 2008 and made his first team debut in the first leg of a UEFA Cup round-of-32 game against Shaktar Donetsk two months later. He has been a regular for Spurs' reserves and was also named in the provisional 20-man squad for that season's Carling Cup Final against Manchester United.
- This past summer, Dean played for England's under-19 side in three European Championships Elite Qualifying Round games. Aldershot

- Recalling What Was said when Parrett was sold to Spurs


Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - Ben Watson
- NEW QPR signing Ben Watson insists both he and the team will hit top gear provided they are given time.
- Watson completed a full 90 minutes in the league for the first time since April when he made his Rangers debut against Peterborough last Saturday.
- And the on-loan Wigan midfielder told the Times: "I haven't played 90 minutes for a long time. I wasn't playing in pre-season or at the end of last season, so it's been a while.
- "It's not an excuse, but a few more 90 minutes will do me a lot of good, give me some match sharpness and then hopefully you'll see the best of me. I want to play games, do well and help QPR move up the table.
- "We'll see what happens from there. It's early days and of course you want to be winning games, but there are a lot of young players in the team and I think we can only get better."
- Rangers had pursued 24-year-old Watson, who fell out of favour at Wigan after Roberto Martinez succeeded Steve Bruce as manager, for more than a year.

Watson's former Crystal Palace boss Iain Dowie was keen to sign him and QPR had two bids rejected that summer before the Eagles agreed a £2m deal with Wigan in January, but the player revealed he was always keen on a move to Loftus Road.

"I thought it was going to happen a year ago - for what reason it didn't, I don't know," he added. "Then when Wigan came in I had to make a decision and to play in the Premier League was what I wanted to do.

"But I wanted to play games and the gaffer couldn't guarantee me games at Wigan, so I was just going to be sitting on the bench or in the stands.

"That'd be no good for me or Wigan, so the best thing for me to do was come out on loan and, once I knew QPR were interested, there was only one place I wanted to be.

"I'm here until January and it'll be down to Wigan whether they want to call me back. If not, I'm more than willing to stay on until the end of the season."

It is understood that Rangers have already agreed a permanent £2m move for Watson when the next transfer window opens in the new year. Kilburn Times


Quote of the Day from Bernie Ecclestone!:/strong>> "Sometimes good things come out of bad," Ecclestone said. "At least he'll have more time to pick the team now." Mirror

- Bad Cardiff!

- Oh oh: Hull City!

- Dutch Supreme Court Rules Football Chant is Offensive

- Conviction Overturned for two re Shouting Homophobic Abuse Against Sol Campbell

- Four Ex-QPR Birthdays Today (Cullip, Fillery, Milanese & Bonds)

- Congratulations to Ian Holloway, whose Blackpool team defeated Newcastle!

Blog Archive