QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

QPR Report Football Snippets Tuesday...Ben Watson on Defeating Crystal Palace

-
- For additional up-to-the-minute news about QPR, mixed in with "retro" lookbacks at QPR; along with some items of general football interest: Visit the combination blog and messageboard, QPR Report Messageboard. A site without the messsageboard ad-hominems, all perspectives genuinely welcomed!

- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Implied criticism of QPR Fans' Impatience

- QPR Official Site Preview of Palace Game (No mention our last meeting was Sousa's last game in charge. In fact remind us "QPR extended their unbeaten run and mini-revival with a goalless draw at home to Crystal Palace..."

- Fans Under 16 (with an adult) Can Watch for Free Tonight

Evening Standard - Loan Ranger aims to inflict pain on his old Crystal Palace pals Ben Hunt Ben Watson will have no hard feelings about inflicting another defeat on his former club tonight, particularly if it means opening his scoring account for Queens Park Rangers.

The former Crystal Palace midfielder ended his 13-year career at Selhurst Park by joining Wigan in January in a £2million move.

The 24-year-old was a regular in the Premier League side, scoring twice before the end of the season. However, following manager Steve Bruce's decision to join Sunderland, Watson was not given much of a look-in by new Wigan boss Roberto Martinez.

Consequently, the former England Under-21 international asked for a loan move in order to prove he has the ability to play in the top flight.

Watson, who has agreed a short-term switch to Loftus Road, said: "I never thought I would be playing against Palace so soon after leaving, but it's happened and I am looking forward to the match.

"I'm on loan until January. I was not playing at Wigan and I wanted to get some games. It was pointless me sitting on the bench or in the stands. When new managers come in they have different ideas. Now it is down to me to prove myself at QPR and enjoy my football.

"If I do well, when January comes around it will be up to Wigan if they want to recall me. If they don't, then we'll look and see where we stand."

Watson has no trouble settling in at QPR as there are four of his ex-Palace team-mates in the side.

Fitz Hall, Gary Borrowdale, Wayne Routledge and Mikele Leigertwood have all converged on west London after their careers took them away from Selhurst Park.

Watson said: "I knew a lot of the lads before and that always helps. The manager has not told me to play in a particular way.

"I like to get forward and score goals; it's what I do as a player. That's what I will be looking to do for Rangers and if it happens against Palace it would be nice.

"I started my career there and was at the club for half my life. They gave me my chance but sometimes you have to move on. I did it in order to improve my career and there are no hard feelings on my part."

Rangers are still searching for their first home win the Championship this season and boss Jim Magilton is under pressure to deliver the club to the play-off places.

Owner Flavio Briatore is desperate to see QPR in the Premier League and Magilton needs results to start going his way quickly.

Palace have also suffered a mixed start to the season. They were hammered 4-0 on Saturday by newly promoted Scunthorpe and Watson knows their manager, Neil Warnock, will have them smarting.

He said: "There is a lot of pressure here with all that is going on and with the owners, but the club are going places. There is a great squad of players here and if we can get results going then I am sure we can get into the top eight.

"The players are not nervous. The training sessions are going well and the lads are looking really sharp. We will probably beat a team four or five-nil in the near future.

"Palace got beaten at the weekend and I am sure they will not want to get beaten again. I know the players and the manager and he will want a reaction.

"I'm sure it will make it a tough game for us, probably one of the toughest of the season." Stnadard



- QPR Youth Defeat Aldershot: Reports and Photos

- QPR vs Palace Previews I and Crystal Palace team updates and comments before the QPR Game

- Club-by-Club (Premiership and Championship) Shirt Sponsors

- Restrictions on Clubs' Squad Sizes Force Overhauls

- New Premiership Financial Regulations and Requirements

- Thirty-Three Years ago today, QPR started their European Adventure with a Stan Bowles hatrick

- Vital Football Q&A With QPR Club Historian, Gordon Macey

- F1 "Crashgate" Update

- Flasback I: One Year Ago: Ticket Price Increase Announced

- Flashack II: Year Ago - QPR and the New Kiyan Prince Foundation Announced -- Visit The Kiyan Prince Foundation

- Flashback: Four Years Ago: QPR1st's Report of their Meeting with "post Board-room coup/Incoming Chairman" Gianni Paladini

- Eduardo Diving Ban Rescinded

- Aaron Goode Hopes to Kick Start His career with Tooting & Mitcham

- Shittu to Ipswich? - Or Sheffied United!

- QPR Attendances: QPR and Other Clubs Average Attendance for past few seasons

- Football Fans and the English Defense League

- More re F1 Claims/Responses, Etc

- F1-Assertion stories .....F1 "Situation" Assessed

Blog Archive