QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 11, 2010

Briatore Linked to Juventus....FIA WILL Appeal Briatore Court Decision...Blackpool Game Referee...Helguson Renews Watford Loan


- Also check out the combined messageboard and QPRnews blog QPR Report Messageboard! Check Back throughout the dayfor comprehensive -(obsessive!)- cutting-edge QPR-related news snippets. Feel free to post or comment on any of these posts: All QPR Perspectives genuinely Welcomed

- Two Ex-QPR Youth Stars that QPR couldn't hold on to go went head-to-Head Tonight: Dean Parrett of Spurs vs Portsmouth's Liam O'Brien in the FA Youth Cup at White Hart Lane

- Pellicori to Mantova?"

- Ref for Blackpool vs QPR Game: Trevor Kettle

- Last Week to do Football Fan Survey

- Job Vacancy at Loftus Road: "Social Inclusion Manager"

Daily Mail - Scandal-hit Juventus reported to be considering QPR chairman Flavio Briatore for club president
- Big job: Briatore has been linked with Juve
Queens Park Rangers chairman Flavio Briatore has been linked with the president's job at Juventus.
- Italian gossip site Dagospia claims the former Renault Forumla One team boss is in line to replace Jean-Claude Blanc at the top of one of Italy's biggest clubs.
Frenchman Blanc rose to prominence after the club's board resigned in the wake of the 2006 Calciopoli match-fixing scandal.
- He took the top job last year after previously being general manager in Turin, but is under pressure, not least because of the club's poor performance on the pitch.
- Juve are third in Serie A, well off the pace set by Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan, and they went out at the group stage in the Champions League.
- Briatore is said to be a friend of the Agnelli family, who have run Juve for decades.
- The move to install the 59-year-old could eventually see Andre Agnelli, son of former president Umberto, take over at the helm of the scandal-hit club.

Low point: AC Milan beat Juventus 3-0 in Turin on Sunday
Briatore's future at QPR could still be in doubt following the 'crashgate' Formula One scandal that saw him effectively banned from the sport for life.
- The sanction was overturned by a French court last week, but the FIA intend to appeal.
If they are successful, Briatore could yet fail the Football League's fit and proper persons test." Mail

AP - FIA will appeal French court's decision to overturn lifetime ban on Briatore
- PARIS — Formula One's governing body will appeal a French court's decision to overturn a lifetime motorsport ban it imposed on former Renault team principal Flavio Briatore.
The Federation International de Automobile says president Jean Todt is working to overturn the Tribunal de Grande Instance's Jan. 5 ruling "to ensure the continuing integrity and safety of the sport."
Briatore was banned in September after being found guilty of ordering Nelson Piquet Jr. to deliberately crash his car to help teammate Fernando Alonso win the Singapore Grand Prix in 2008. Briatore denied a role in the scheme. AP

Pitpass.com - FIA will appeal Briatore ruling
- The FIA has announced that it will appeal against the recent decision by a French court to overturn Flavio Briatore's lifetime ban from motorsport.
- A brief statement issued today reads:
- "The President of the FIA has consulted the FIA Senate and the FIA's lawyers about the decision of the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Paris of 5 January. It was unanimously agreed that an appeal would be prepared."
- The sport's governing body insists that pending the appeal Briatore's ban will remain in place however, the sanction which bans drivers managed by the Italian being granted super-licences will be lifted during this time.
- In light of last week's ruling the FIA also says that it is working on a new disciplinary procedure which will address the issues given in the judgment.
- "The FIA President, the FIA Senate, the World Motor Sport Council, and the FIA's Member Clubs from all countries will take whatever measures are necessary to ensure the continuing integrity and safety of the sport." it said. Pitpass

Heidar Helguson has put pen to paper on a loan deal with Watford until the end of the season.
The Icelandic front-man has penned a deal until June 30th 2010, but under the terms of the deal is not eligible to play against the R's when the Hornets visit Loftus Road in mid-February.
Helguson enjoyed a successful spell with the Golden Boys earlier this season, scoring five goals in 10 appearances.

Watford Observer Queens Park Rangers striker's loan may be made permanent - By Anthony Matthews »
Watford have re-signed Heidar Helguson on loan for the rest of the season – and we understand the popular striker’s third spell at Vicarage Road may extend beyond that.

The Icelandic international returned to Queens Park Rangers after his initial loan spell with the Hornets expired at the end of last year – enabling him to make a brief substitute appearance during his parent club’s 1-1 FA Cup third round draw at Sheffield United – but following protracted negotiations with the Loftus Road outfit manager Malky Mackay has been successful in securing one of his primary transfer targets for this month.

And although Watford are remaining tight-lipped, the Watford Observer understands there is an option to make the loan move permanent at the end of the season.

The Hornets boss told the Watford Observer last week: “I would love to keep Heidar and have him back here. I will be trying everything we can to get him back here.

“He has been a great professional and servant to this football club for the second time and I will be trying everything I can do to get him back.”

The 32-year-old has scored five goals in eight starts, plus two appearances from the bench, so far this season and needs to find the back of the net just once more to become only the 13th player in Watford’s history to score 70 or more goals for the club.

Helguson becomes the third player to effectively extend his loan spell at Vicarage Road this term after Mackay was also successful in keeping midfielders Tom Cleverley and Henri Lansbury. Watford Observer

- Flashback: The Growing QPR-Chelsea Relationship

- Birthday's For Ex-QPR's Mike Sheron and Alan McCarthy

- On This Day: John Spencer's QPR Hatrick and Kevin Gallen Goes Out on Loan

- A Football Director's Son "Abuses" Fans (Non-QPR)

QPR1st Statement - If Mr. Briatore is staying around...
Sunday, 10 January 2010

- It is understood that the decision by a French Court to overturn Flavio Briatore’s ban from Formula One is likely to mean he will continue to met the Football League’s fit and proper person test. QPR1st hope that Mr. Briatore will now go on to clear his name of the allegations which led to the ban and which he continues to deny. These allegations of cheating by deliberately staging an accident to influence the result of a race remain damaging both for the reputation of Mr. Briatore and by association for the reputation of QPR.
- Mr. Briatore’s continued involvement in QPR is welcomed if it helps to contribute to the Club's financial stability . We appreciate that Mr. Briatore has denied persistent media claims of interference in team matters but we would urge Mr. Briatore and the rest of the Board to ask themselves some hard and searching questions as to why increased investment has failed to establish stability or longterm success for either the coaching team or the squad. We also hope that Mr. Briatore will step back from trying to impose his vision of a ‘boutique Club’ on QPR and instead make a greater effort to engage with fans and fans groups, with the aim of creating a greater sense of unity, shared purpose and understanding between the Board of Directors and the fan base. QPR1st

- Holloway Criticizes Cardiff Fans

- - QPR Football League attendances Up (QPR Attendances Down) - QPR Year-by-Year Attendances


Blog Archive