QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Player Power at Loftus Road and Briatore's Depature...Harewood Bid?...Hall to Newcastle?...Zimbabwean Defender

- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Also available: The combined messageboard and QPRnews quasi-blog QPR Report Messageboard! Check Back throughout the day for comprehensive QPR-related news snippets. All QPR Perspectives genuinely Welcomed

- Middlesbrough's Routledge Interest -Update
- One Thousand and One Nights: Time since the Last QPR Fan Forum
- No Pellicori Departure as of Now
- No Cousin Arrival as of now (if ever)

- The Programme for the West Ham vs QPR Youth FA Cup Game, with QPR bios
- Vote in Football League/FourFourTwo's Championship Player of Year, Goal of Year, Etc
- On This Day in History in Football: January 21
- "Yanks Out" Liverpool Fan Chant - Deemed Not Racist

- Ex-QPR Liam O'Brien Shines for Portsmouth
- Ex-QPR Waddock Wants Ex-QPR Donnolly
- Coming soon: The Latest Football League Report on Clubs Spending on Agents (Watford and Peterbrough have already released their own. In the last report, QPR topped the Football League in Spending on agents

Mirror/James Nursey - Why player power is calling the shots at QPR
- QPR is the laughing stock of British football but I doubt Rangers fans find the club's astonishing turnover of managers amusing.
- I revealed on Mirrorfootball last week that Paul Hart was leaving Loftus Road and Mick Harford was taking charge until the end of the season.
QPR sack Paul Hart - exclusive
- It followed a row behind the scenes between Hart and QPR's fiery Moroccan midfielder Adel Taarabt - which I also exclusively documented in the Mirror.
Hart facing QPR axe over Taarabt row - exclusive
- And this was clearly the final straw for Hart at Rangers despite only being there for just five matches.
- Differences in opinion between Hart and the club's impatient chairman Flavio Briatore over the club's transfer policy have also been cited as a factor.
- But Hart's claim to have resigned rather than be sacked does smack of a PR exercise to me.
- For starters if Hart really did walk out - then it is strange he was involved in a meeting with Rangers' lawyers last Thursday at 4pm sorting out the terms of his departure?
- And I was told late last week that Hart expected to be in charge for the Blackpool game on Saturday - hardly the mindset of a man about to quit.
- But of course it aids Rangers to claim Hart jumped rather than was pushed given their incredible reputation for hiring and firing managers.
- And it also helps Hart save face after being shown the door by Portsmouth late last year.
- But I am highly-dubious to say the least that Briatore didn't actually give Hart the bullet.
- The Italian is certainly keen to shed his tag as a ruthless axeman after claiming to have only sacked one of Rangers' six permanent managers since he arrived in 2007.
Flavio Briatore interview exclusive: I have only sacked one manager - without me QPR would be bankrupt
- But whatever the real truth, there is no doubt that decisions are being made at Loftus Road on the basis of what the players want - which is always a dangerous precedent.
- Players were unhappy under Hart about his training methods.
- Taarabt in particular was certainly very vocal around the club with his objections after starting just twice under Hart.
- I am told Taarabt openly questioned Hart's coaching ability in front of him and the rest of the squad by saying former caretaker Steve Gallen is a much better coach.
- But because QPR are desperate to retain their talented loan players like Taarabt and Jay Simpson, they have pandered to the squad's wishes.
- Let's also not forget QPR sacked manager Jim Magilton in December after his furious bust-up with Akos Buzsaky.
- So it all adds up to player power calling the shots.
- I wish Hart's successor Harford good luck - he is going to need it.
- But from what I hear Briatore is definitely not going to be around at Loftus Road for too much longer - whatever he says. Mirror

Paul Warburton/Ealing Gazette - Defender's move to Newcastle in the balance
- FITZ Hall's move to Newcastle has stalled because of the defender's wage demands.
- The north-east giants have had a second go at signing the QPR centre-back this week after missing out on him last summer, when the Magpies also had eyes on fellow defender Matt Connolly.
- However, they have been told to up their offer to lure him away from Loftus Road.
- A club source said: “Newcastle aren’t willing to pay him any more than QPR does, and the club needs all the defensive help it can at the moment.” Ealing Gazette

- QPR Interest in Marlon Harewood
"The Journal understands that Hughton assured Harewood’s advisors that he was their preferred target.... with Queens Park Rangers making their interest in the 30-year-old known yesterday, Newcastle are in danger of seeing him move elsewhere unless they make a firm decision in the next 48 hours. A source close to Harewood said: “QPR have made a firm enquiry and they have asked whether Marlon would be up for a move to Loftus Road....Martin O’Neill is now willing to let him leave on loan again as long as a club pays all of his £25,000-a-week wage packet " QPR interest in Marlon Harewood?


The Zimbabwean - Bhasera Joins English Side
- JOHANNESBURG - After a wasted 2008/2009 season, former Kaizer Chiefs left back, Onismor Bhasera (Pictured), will be playing for English Coca-Coal First Division outfit, Queens Park Rangers, Kaizer Chiefs club manager, Bobbie Motaung has said.
- Bhasera, who last year opted for the English premiership side, Portsmouth Football Club, was embroiled in serious transfer wrangles with his former Naturena club arguing that he was a free agent while Amakhosisa insisted that the player belonged to them. In an interview with CAJ News, Kaizer Chiefs club manager, Motaung, said his club was currently negotiating for a transfer fee with Queens Park Rangers having failed to agree terms with Portsmouth.
- "Forget about the rumours being manufactured around Bhasera, he is our player. Currently we are negotiating for a signing deal with Queens Park Rangers on a club-to-club arrangement.
- "We are convinced the deal will sail through anytime from now," said Motaung. He could not reveal the amount to exchange hands, but close sources claim the amount could reach the range of £500 000 pounds (about R5.5million). Bhasera, who is also the left back for the Zimbabwe Warriors national soccer squad, is believed to have suffered a severe blow during the year long wrangle between Kaizer Chiefs and Portsmouth.
- Bhasera's close friend, Alois Bunjira, said the Queens Park Rangers deal would give him relief. "Onismor was badly affected financially, and we all hope everything goes well for him. The ownership wrangle between Kaizer Chiefs and then Portsmouth had impacted negatively on the player. "Presently Bhasera is training with Queens Park Rangers, and he strongly believe he would have achieved something positive when the June signing window closes," said Bunjira. Bhasera was invited to Queens Park Rangers by his former manager at Portsmouth, Ricardo Gomez, who also described the situation as a big "mess." Kaizer Chiefs still insist that the player is contracted to them while the player is adamant that he is a free agent. The Zimbabwean

Blog Archive