QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, January 25, 2010

QPR Report Monday Snippets...Matt Hill Joins on Loan

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Also available: The combined messageboard and QPRnews quasi-blog QPR Report Messageboard! Check Back throughout the day for comprehensive QPR-related news snippets. All QPR Perspectives genuinely Welcomed

- Football Support for Haiti

- Next: Nottingham Forest vs QPR: (Stats and Past Results) ---- Fan Site Match Previews

- Stuart Pierce "...If you change managers too often, you are not going to be better off in ten years time. I don't think Queens Park Rangers are better off for all the changes they have made..." Nottingham Evening Post

- Football Fans in General "It's Time to Fight Back"

- Guess The Date that Flavio Briatore Resigns as QPR Chairman (with Book offered as Prize!(

- Guess The Date that QPR Chairman Gianni Paladini Leave QPR (No Prize)

- The supposed "Red Nose Protest" at Loftus Road, January 30

- Flashback: Routledge Joins QPR - And Reports of What Routledge Cost

- Decade Flashback: The "New" QPR Chatboard

- Video Flashback: QPR Under Holloway: Their promotion season

- Swansea Chairman Praises Sousa

- Hull's Daniel Cousin: Maybe Not QPR

- The Club's Official Site "Vacancies" Page

- Three Year Flashback: A Look at QPR Signings

- West Ham's Karren Brady Suggests a name Change for West Ham United!


QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: HILL JOINS R'S

Queens Park Rangers Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of defender Matt Hill on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers until the end of the season.

Hill, who came through the ranks at Bristol City before joining Wolves via Preston, told www.qpr.co.uk: "Every footballer wants to be playing games and unfortunately I wasn't getting that at Wolves.

"QPR have given me the opportunity to do that here, so I am delighted to join."

The 28-year-old was part of Mick McCarthy's successful promotion-winning side last season, and he hopes to bring that experience into the R's squad.

He added: "We had a great team there last term and did well to get promoted. QPR are a team that want to push on and go places, so hopefully I can be a part of that.

"I spoke with Mick Harford before I joined, and the chat we had was certainly enough to convince me to come down here.

"I like to think I am the sort of player who is all-hearted, and always gives it everything when I play.

"I consider myself to be a good defender and a good organiser. Defending is my main strength, but I'll also be looking to get forward when I can and provide some crosses."

Harford added: "Matt has played in the Premiership three or four times this season, and we are delighted to have him on board.

"I have actually followed him throughout his career. He's been at good Clubs and is a really solid defender.

"I just felt we needed to strengthen the back four, and this is a quality signing.

"Matt is very aggressive and although he's not the biggest, he's very good in the air. He's a good talker and an organiser, which is what we need.

"He also likes to get forward at times, which is what we want our full-backs to do.

"Matt seems to have been around for so long, so I was quite pleased when I found out he's only 28. He's got plenty of energy and I know he wants to come here and prove himself." QPR

FLASHBACK:

QPR OFFICIAL SITE - HILL IN TALKS
Posted on: Thu 06 Jan 2005
Rangers are to begin talks with Bristol City defender Matt Hill after a revised offer was accepted by the League One outfit.

Although the 23-year-old left sided defender has already opened negotiations with Preston North End, he is due at Loftus Road today to discuss terms.

"We are delighted to finally have the opportunity to speak to Matt," Chief Executive Mark Devlin said. "He is a player that Ian Holloway admires greatly.

"Although our initial bid met Bristol City's original requirements we have revised our offer to satisfy fresh demands.

"We understand that Matt is speaking to Preston but we hope to persuade him that he will enjoy a bright future here at Loftus Road."

Blog Archive