QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, January 14, 2010

QPR Update...An Ambitious Simpson...A Pathetic QPR Cup Record

-
QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Also available: The combined messageboard and QPRnews quasi-blog QPR Report Messageboard! Check Back throughout the dayfor cutting-edge, comprehensive, QPR-related news snippets. All QPR Perspectives genuinely Welcomed

- Kevin Gallen Unwanted at Luton?

- Andy Sinton Wants Harriers Job

Arsenal Official Site - Simpson - I want to fire QPR to play-offs
By Nick Teale

- Jay Simpson is determined to make his mark on English football by becoming one of the Championship's top goalscorers this season.

The 21-year-old is spending the entire campaign with Queens Park Rangers and wants to make it a memorable season by firing the Rs into the play-offs and amassing 20 goals for the season, a total regarded as the mark of a prolific striker.

Simpson is currently QPR's top scorer with nine league goals in 19 starts, an impressive return that puts him among the League's best marksmen.

"It's gone well for me," he told Arsenal.com. "I've scored a lot of goals and I've been enjoying my time here.

"Everybody around me has been really helpful and I feel comfortable playing with the players that are in the side.

"I think if you look at the end of the season the top scorers are on 20 or more goals and I would like to be among those players.

"Goals win you games so that is what I have been focusing on. It's a good target to set myself and I'll be working hard to try and reach that."

But it's not just Simpson who has high aspirations for the season. In the past the striker has spent loan spells at clubs battling relegation. But not QPR.

"I've come into a team fighting for the play-offs," he said. "That will definitely benefit me, so this year's a very important one for me.

"The last two seasons when I went out on loan it was quite difficult because I went to teams fighting relegation.

"I hope to be [a big part of any success.] That's what I want to achieve, everybody here is very ambitious so I'd be delighted if we made the play-offs.

"We would be disappointed if we don't make the play-offs. Everybody is aiming for a top-six finish" Arsenal


FA - Nine years of hurt
By David Barber - Thursday, 14 January, 2010


Beaten on Tuesday, QPR haven’t won in FA Cup for nine years.

Queens Park Rangers may have played in an FA Cup Final under Terry Venables in the 1980s but the club’s recent record in the competition has been disappointing to say the least.

Rangers lost Tuesday night’s Third Round replay 3-2 to Sheffield United at a bitterly cold Loftus Road and that means they haven’t won an FA Cup match for NINE YEARS.

Their last success came in a home Third Round replay against Luton Town on 17 January 2001, winning 2-1 after extra time following a 3-3 draw at Kenilworth Road.

This is Rangers’ record in The Cup since then…

Season 2000-01 – QPR 0-6 Arsenal in the Fourth Round

Season 2001-02 – Swansea City 4-0 QPR in the First Round

Season 2002-03 – Vauxhall Motors 0-0 QPR in the First Round (QPR 1-1 Vauxhall Motors (3-4 on pens) in the replay)

Season 2003-04– Grimsby Town 1-0 QPR in the First Round

Season 2004-05 – QPR 0-3 Nottingham Forest in the Third Round

Season 2005-06 – Blackburn Rovers 3-0 QPR in the Third Round

Season 2006-07 – QPR 2-2 Luton Town in the Third Round (Luton Town 1-0 QPR in the replay)

Season 2007-08 – Chelsea 1-0 QPR in the Third Round

Season 2008-09 – QPR 0-0 Burnley in the Third Round (Burnley 2-1 QPR in the replay).

But it’s not the worst. After beating Bradford Park Avenue 2-0 in the Fourth Round on 2 February 1952, Leeds United didn’t win another FA Cup match until 6 March 1963 when they beat Stoke City in the Third Round. Rochdale went 13 matches without a win between 1927 and 1945, and non-League Marlow failed to win a match from 1900-01 to 1926-27 inclusive. FA

Blog Archive