QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, April 19, 2010

QPR Report Update - Warnock's Signing Plans and Mahon Future...Stewart: I'll Be Back

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!

- Visit the football-only new-look QPR Report Messageboard throughout the day for latest QPR Updates and discussion.

- Raheem Sterling Was a Good Trainer

- Police Violence Against Fans

- Plymouth Fan Disinterest Leads to Cancellation of Fans/Players Awards Night

- 2010/2011 QPR Season Tickets: 800 Sold Thus Far?

- Video Flashback: Great Goal by Dave Clement from the Brilliant QPR Team of 1973/74

- Pat Agyemang Plays for Bristol City (who apparently are appointing Steve Coppell as manager)


BBC - Mahon could stay at QPR - Warnock

Queens Park Rangers are set to offer out-of-contract midfielder Gavin Mahon the chance to return to the club and prove his fitness in the summer.

The 33-year-old has made just nine first-team appearances this season due to a long standing knee injury.

But manager Neil Warnock told BBC London 94.9: "He'll probably come back and do a pre-season with us and try and show me what he can do.

"I've always liked Gavin, we've just got to wait and see who's available."

Mahon joined QPR from Watford in 2008 initially on loan before agreeing a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

He began his career at Wolves without making a first-team appearance, before moves to Hereford, Brentford and then Vicarage Road.

"It's difficult at the moment with players, I don't really want to go abroad. I want to try and see if I can get English players in"

Neil Warnock

The former Hornets skipper is unlikely to feature again this season, with his last appearance coming in the win at Sheffield Wednesday on 7 November last year.

Having now secured their Championship status, manager Neil Warnock has already started planning for next season and is keen to bolster his attacking options.

"I've been looking for the last few weeks at what I want to bring in, finances will dictate that really," he said.

"I want to get my forwards sorted out first, I want two or three forward players and then we'll see what money I've got left.

"It's difficult at the moment with players, I don't really want to go abroad. I want to try and see if I can get English players in."
Warnock has also told fans not to expect a deluge of loan signings, having seen 12 players move to Loftus Road this season on temporary deals under four different managers - Jim Magilton, Paul Hart, Mick Harford and himself.

"It's very, very rare that I have more than one loan player at a club at one time," he added.

"I'm hoping we'll have a squad where if somebody gets injured we'll have replacements all over the show, that's what I'm looking to build." BBC


QPR Official Site - STEWART: 'I'LL BE BACK'
Posted on: Mon 19 Apr 2010

Damion Stewart has vowed to return as committed as ever from the serious head injury he sustained at Crystal Palace earlier this month.

Stewart, 29, has forged a reputation for himself as a no-nonsense centre-half since he joined the R's in the summer of 2006 from Jamaican side Harbour View.

And despite suffering a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain in an aerial collision with Eagles forward Calvin Andrew, Stewart says nothing about his approach will change.

"I will never play a different way," he told www.qpr.co.uk. "Never. If you remember a couple of years ago I had to wear a mask for a fractured cheekbone. I had surgery and played a week later. It didn't stop me then, and it won't stop me now."

Just three seconds into the relegation clash at Selhurst Park, Stewart and Andrew were involved in a sickening collision as they both battled for a high ball. And the R's defender recalls the moment vividly.

"I remember everything about it," he said. "I remember the ball going in the air and both of us going for it. The problem was that neither of us saw each other, we just saw the ball.

"It was the first challenge for both of us and because of the type of game it was, and the atmosphere in the stadium, I wanted to make my mark. I wanted to win the first big challenge to make a statement early on.

"But we clashed heads and it was very painful. Neither of us made the statement we wanted to," and with that, Stewart laughs.

Even though he still suffers slight headaches and is due for a review scan in four weeks, he already appears back to himself.

Stewart was admitted to Mayday Hospital in Croydon straight after the match before being transferred to a private hospital in London, where he remained until being released on Friday.

"I wasn't aware how serious it was to begin with," he continued, "but then my nose started bleeding. When I got up, I felt a massive headache all the way across my forehead.

"I didn't say that I couldn't continue. To be honest, I wanted to ice it and then see how I felt. But the physio wasn't having it. He told me my game was over."

A cool customer, Stewart's relaxed attitude to the incident didn't go down well with his parents, as he explains.

"It was a very nerve-wracking time but I tried to keep as calm as possible. I didn't actually tell my parents about it, but then my dad found out and contacted my mum.

"She didn't know anything about it - and then it all went pear-shaped for me.

"I got in a bit of trouble from her for not letting her know how I was. But she's a worrier, and I didn't want her to panic."

Stewart's season may be over, but he is already looking towards his return, adding: "The doctor has said I should be OK for pre-season, and that is my aim." QPR

- On This Day in Football and at QPR!

- Video: A Past QPR vs Watford Game

- Video: The recent Crystal Palace vs QPR game

- Flashback: Fifty Best-Ever Football Books

- Year Flashback: Neil Warnock Linked to QPR (and Ipswich) Jobs

- Ex-QPR Chris Day Returns to the Football League -- Stevenage Arrival in Football League


QPR Official Site - NW: 'SAFETY NOT SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE' - Neil Warnock spoke of his delight this morning that his QPR side are now guaranteed Championship football next season - but insists it's not something to celebrate.
- Sheffield Wednesday's failure to beat Steel City rivals Sheffield United on Sunday lunchtime means the R's are now assured of their Championship status.
- Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Warnock said: "It (safety) was the first objective when we arrived here.
- "We've reached that and I'm delighted, but let's be perfectly honest, it's not something to harp on about.
- "It's not exactly something to celebrate.
- "We should be competing towards the top end of this division with the players we have, but it's been a season of upheaval for one reason or another and now we can look towards next season knowing our Championship status is assured." QPR

- QPR vs Cardiff Match Reports and Warnock Comments - Including re Very different Loan Policy Next Season Also: Brief Warnock/BBC Audio


Ex-QPR Chairmen Updates!
- One Man Not at Loftus Road on Saturday: Flavio Briatore

- Ex-QPR Chairman Caliendo on Ex-QPR Director Dunga (His Client)

- The Massive reaction/interest in India to (almost-QPR) Sunil Chhetri playing in the US MLS

- Premiership Player Forced to Pay Protection

- Notts County: High Wages Lead to Promotion

- ESPN to Discuss FA Cup Changes

- Fitz Hall Open to Newcastle Offers

- Year Flashback: Slew of Managers Linked to QPR...Follow-up QPR Statement re Sousa and Briatore Q&A re QPR Managerial Departures

- Remaining Games: Relegation Rivals (NON-QPR!)

- 2010/11 Playoffs Not at Wembley?
-

Blog Archive