- Remembering Bobby Keetch (RIP)...Would Have been 68 Today
- For QPR and Football Updates throughout the day, visit the ever-growing (and hopefully, always-improving!)QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog . All QPR and football perspective welcome. Or simply feel free to read the football-only updates and discussions. Also see: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
- Platini Reiterates Opposition To Goalline Technology
Paddy Kenny Makes Team of The Week
Football League Championship Team of The Week
Cliff Byrne Steven Caulker Gary Monk Chris Gunter
James Coppinger Lewis McGugan Owen Garvan Martyn Woolford
Steve Morison Jon Parkin - Football League
Sport.co - Jagielka hails "fantastic" Warnock Author: Jonny Abrams
Posted on:25 October 2010 -
Everton defender Phil Jagielka has hailed the “fantastic” work that Neil Warnock is doing as manager of Championship leaders Queens Park Rangers.
The England centre-back played under Warnock at Sheffield United before moving to Goodison Park for £4m in 2007 and he is impressed with how his old boss has adapted to life at Loftus Road, where he has been given more money to spend than at previous clubs.
Speaking as a guest on Sky Sports show Goals on Sunday, Jagielka said he would always be thankful to the QPR boss for his guidance in the formative stages of his career.
He said: “He’s doing a fantastic job.
“The gaffer’s well known for doing things on a shoestring budget and obviously that was the case at Crystal Palace.
“He’s moved to richer pastures at QPR and he’s bought some fantastic players for the Championship.
“You look at the bench they had on Friday night and it was amazing, really. I’m sure he’s enjoying being there and being able to spend.
“He’s a great guy who did a lot for my career. He gave me my chance and I’ll forever be thankful for that.
“He’s a character to say the least!”
Northampton Official Site PARKER BACK AT QPR Winger Josh Parker has returned to Queen's Park Rangers a week before his loan spell was due to expire.
"Josh has gone back a week early," confirmed boss Ian Sampson.
"He was not happy when we told him he would not be in the starting XI for the game at Oxford at the weekend. He asked to go back and we agreed that was the best course of action."
Parker was set to miss the Carling Cup game at Ipswich on Tuesday as he was cup tied.
Ealing Gazette/Yann Tear - Warnock plays down move for Arsenal youngster
- NEIL Warnock says rumours that Rangers are lining up Arsenal youngster Jay Emmanuel-Thomas are wide of the mark.
- The 19-year-old, who has already been out on loan at Doncaster Rovers this season, is a versatile player who can play on the wing, as centre forward or even at left back according to his manager Arsene Wenger.
- But he will not be following Jay Simpson as the latest Gunner to make the short trip across town for a loan spell.
- "Is a loan signing in the offing? Not that I'm aware of," said the QPR boss.
- "I read who I'm supposed to be signing and he was supposed to be playing on Friday wasn't he?
- "I've not made any inquiries and I'm quite happy with what I've got
Sheffield United Manager Gary Speed Urges: Emulate QPR
"...[Gary]Speed cited Queens Park Rangers, who are managed by former Blades manager Neil Warnock, as an example to follow. 'We need to be more ruthless. Look at QPR (against Bristol City) on Friday night. They didn't play great but they made up for it in other areas. They ground a result out and that's why they are top of the league. That's what we have to learn....'" Yorkshire Post
- Further Media Commentary regarding Briatore's Comments re Lippi as QPR Manager
- Five QPR Birthdays Today
- Next: Burnley - QPR vs Burnley Flashback Videos
- High Kenny Jackett Praise for MILLWALL's Danny Shittu!
- More Plaudits for and Memories of Acting Corporal David Barnsdale, Killed in Afghanistan
- Victory for QPR Ladies
- Championship Player Rankings: QPR Player Still #1 - With Numerous other QPR Players Highly-Ranked
- Two Year Flashback: Talk of Briatore Team Involvement as Ainsworth Takes Charge
- Two Year Flashback: QPR Axe Iain Dowie
- Kick It [Racism] Out: Podcast Examines Anti-Semitism in English Football
- Five Year Flashback: Q&A With Then-QPR Manager Ian Holloway
- FA Cup First Round Draw
- Notts County Axe Their Manager - After Less Than Five Months
- Club-Fan Meet Flashbacks: QPR Loyal Supporters Association (LSA) - Club Meeting Reports (From 2002 and 2003)
- David James Writes About Championship Football and How it Compares to Premiership
- Feyenord Smashed 10-0: Video of The Goals
- Almost Two-Year Flashback: Report of Club-Fan "Reps" Meet
- Two Year Flashback: Ex-QPR Chairman Blogs about Then-QPR Chairman
- Raheem Sterling Plays for England U-17 (who won/qualified)
- Video Flashback: A Much-Younger Ian Holloway
- Liverpool Players Supposedly Not too-impressed With Ex-QPR Goalie, Mike Kelly (who recently turned Sixty-eight
- Police vs Football Hooligans or Vs Football Fans?
What The Top Players Used to Earn
- Memorial Service in France for Footballers Killed during the First World War: More on WWI Footballers Killed
- Who Actually Owns QPR?
- QPR Player Still Number #1 in Championship...and Many Other QPR Players Remain Very Highly Ranked
- Two Year Flashback: Amit Bhatia's QPR "Open Letter"
- Recalling "Rebuild QPR" Supporters Plan/Document
- Donate to QPR GIRLS ONLINE