QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Fulham & Others' Interest in Rob Jones - (Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times)

-
Rangers fight Fulham for Jones
Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times-29 November 2006

QPR have warned clubs chasing Ray Jones they will go to a tribunal if anyone attempts to poach the teenager on the cheap. Jones, 18, has already attracted a cheeky £50,000 bid from Premiership neighbours Fulham ...
And Rs' chairman Gianni Paladini believes the young striker's agent has been trying to stump up interest from other clubs after encouraging him to reject several offers of a professional contract at Loftus Road.
"If Fulham think Ray Jones is worth £50,000, they obviously don't think very much of him," Paladini told the Times. "I think it's scandalous and I'm very annoyed with them. "We offered him a very good contract, six or seven times we've made an offer and his agent doesn't want to know - he just said the boy wasn't signing.
"I'm very disappointed that, now he's played for England, suddenly his agent's offering him to other clubs. When I was an agent, I always said to young players 'go and play first, then worry about the money'.
"He's playing well, he's scoring goals and John Gregory wants to keep him here, but I can't force him to sign a contract if he doesn't want to.
"If there's nothing more we can do, we'll have to go to arbitration. That's what I told Fulham and I'll tell anyone else the same."...
Kilburn Times

Blog Archive