QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, May 25, 2009

Briatore Speaks About QPR....Ecclestone on How He Persuaded Briatore to Buy QPR....Stewart's Late Equalizer

-
- Another site to visit: The football-only The QPR Report Messageboard! No politics. No ad-hominems. Just news; eclectic articles and hopefully, interesting perspectives!

- Still No Report: Marking Forty Days Since Club Officials Met with the QPRFan "coalition" OneQPR. The Report has yet to have been publicly posted.

- Six Years Ago Today: Millenium Playoff Final Loss to Cardiff (Also: Recalling The Hotel Fire Alarm)

- "92 Clubs 92 Hours" Charity Effort Mission Accomplished! Congratulations!

- Later Today: Antonio Caliendo's Golden Foot 2009 Awards

- John Beck Turns Fifty-Five

- The Gianni Paladini Appreciation Society

- 2009-2010 QPR Schedule

- 1979 Video of Loftus Road & Link to Fascinating Football Grounds Website


Charles Sale/Daily Mail - QPR bosses got me wrong, says Flavio
- Renault motor racing boss Flavio Briatore has pledged his long-term commitment to Championship club Queens Park Rangers, despite the crazy turmoil at Loftus Road since he took charge 18 months ago.
- Briatore, at the Monaco Grand Prix, says: ‘I believe that I can successfully run a Formula One team and a football club. I have only had a short time in football and now is not the time to judge me. That’s for the future, as I have no intention of quitting QPR.’
- The 59-year-old Italian, who had his 29-year-old TV hostess wife Elisabetta Gregoraci on his arm, says he’s been wrongly portrayed as interfering in team affairs, although every QPR boss claims he does.
- The fact that Briatore had different views about strikers Gavin Mahon and Dexter Blackstock from those of Iain Dowie and Paulo Sousa was pivotal to both managers’ departures. But Briatore claims: ‘I send emails but I don’t get in the way. Dowie was the only manager I sacked. Sousa was dismissed for breach of contract. We have had so many applicants to be our new manager and we will decide soon.’ Daily Mail


Repost from Sunday's QPR Report - Bernie Ecclestone Interviewed in Gulf News on Buying QPR
- ".....What about your interests in football?"
- Yes I persuaded Flavio Briatore to join me and put some money into buying Queens Park Rangers, the old and long-established club that had fallen on hard times. I had a look at buying Chelsea - but it was too complicated an issue and needed far too much effort to sort out the books. Liverpool,too, and Manchestyer United were considerations, too, but in the end I figured I lived too far away ... 200 or so miles ... to buy into teams so distant from my home in London. I didn't fancy the idea of traipsing up and down the country on top of all the travelling I do on F1 business.
- When I approached Flavio with the proposal he thought it was a restaurant we'd be buying! No kidding. But he was just as excited as me when I told him it was a football team.
- I have since become a friend of Roman Abramovich who took up where I left off and bought Chelsea. And I often share his box at Stamford Bridge or fly off in my own plane to watch them when they are playing overseas. I must say I never would have believed it, but I am real big soccer fan now. I used to say that if the two greatest teams in the world were playing in my back garden I wouldn't be bothered to watch them. Not now. I'm hooked on the game...." Gulf News


Jamaica Observer/Sean Williams - Stewart's late header rescues Boyz
- FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Playing with 10 men for 45 minutes, Jamaica's Reggae Boyz staged a courageous fightback to draw 2-2 with Haiti in a friendly international at Lockhart Stadium here on Saturday.
- Before an estimated 12,000 fans, Damion 'Stew Peas' Stewart popped up at the far post in the 88th minute to rescue Jamaica, as they appeared destined for defeat. Stewart was responding to Nicholas Addlery's opening strike in the 29th minute and two from Haiti's Jean Robens Jerome (39th minute) and Leonel Saint Preux (66th)....
Haiti, ranked 122nd by FIFA.....
- And like he has done for Queens Park Rangers in the English Championships, Stewart appeared from the shadows to head home a lofted free kick into the area by Morrison in the 88th minute..." Jamaica Observer


- Feel free to comment about Briatore or Ecclestone - or any other QPR matters on theThe QPR Report Messageboard!

Blog Archive