QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, December 14, 2007

Eloquent Jim Langley Elegy From Mark Lazarus

-
QPR Official Site - LAZARUS PAYS TRIBUTE

Mark Lazarus has spoken of his devastation at the news of Jim Langley's death on Sunday morning.
Former R's defender Langley, 78, passed away following a heart attack, and Lazarus, who was his team-mate in the double-winning side of 1967, told www.qpr.co.uk: "This is a tragic loss.
"I played professional football for 17 years and was at six different Clubs, but I can honestly say that I have never met a more humble man in my life.
"Jim was the best. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he would help anyone out and he would do it with a smile on his face.
"He was my best friend in the game, and I was so upset when his son, Peter, called to tell me the news."
Lazarus famously scored the winning goal for the R's in the League Cup Final triumph over West Bromwich Albion at Wembley, but he said: "Goalscorers get the headlines, but Jim was definitely the unsung hero of our side.
"He was the experience at the back, and was a big influence on the whole team.
"He also had a big impact on Rodney Marsh, who he played with at QPR and Fulham.
"It is really, really sad and my thoughts are with his family." QPR

Blog Archive