QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, March 13, 2009

QPR Sign (On Loan) Spurs' Adel Taarabt

-
For a site that focuses only on QPR and football: Visit the independent QPR Report Messageboard. All comments welcome! (Note: All comments about blog-posted stories should now be posted on the messageboard. Thanks!


QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: SPURS STARLET SIGNS
- Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to announce the loan signing of Tottenham midfielder Adel Taarabt.
- The 19-year-old has joined until the end of the season, and goes straight into Paulo Sousa's squad for this weekend's Championship encounter at Southampton.
- Taarabt, who initially joined Spurs on loan in January 2007 before making the switch permanent the following summer, is relishing the opportunity to show R's fans what he's capable of.
- "Harry Redknapp told me that Tottenham are not really in a position to give young players like me an opportunity right now, and he said that QPR were keen on me," Taarabt told www.qpr.co.uk
- "He told me to come here and show what I can do. As soon as he told me about the move, I was interested.
- "Other Championship clubs came in for me also, but QPR is a team that plays football in the way that I like to play it, so this is why I wanted to come here.
- "I said 'yes' straight away. This is good for me."
- The Moroccan international - he made his debut for the national side last month in a friendly against the Czech Republic - knows the Championship will offer a physical test, but he is confident he can rise to the challenge.
- "The physical side of the game isn't really my style but I know this is something I will have to learn to cope with," he added.
- "I have come here to learn, and I know that the physical side is something I will need to handle. It will be good for my experience and for my development."
- Equally adept on either wing or up front, the highly-regarded Taarabt has promised to excite the R's faithful with his skills.
- "I consider myself to be an attacking midfielder," he explained. "I can score, I can give assists, I can dribble and I can cross.
- "I hope here at QPR I will score and do well for the team. I can't wait to play."
- Taarabt will wear squad number 39. QPR

- Player Profile

Any Views About This Signing? Post them on the QPR Report Messageboard. All comments welcome!

Blog Archive