QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Rowlands Staying and Praising...Sinclair Supposedly Not Staying...Vine's Future: No Birmingham News

-
UPDATE
Also: Hogan Happy with QPR and Explaining His Non-Role on Tuesday ..



QPR Official Site - EXCLUSIVE: ROWLY PENS EXTENSION
R's midfielder Martin Rowlands has signed a one year contract extension, which will keep him at Loftus Road until the summer of 2010.
The 28 year-old, who has been an ever-present this season, put pen to paper in W12 this afternoon.
Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Rowlands said: "I have really enjoyed my time at QPR, and signing this new deal is fantastic.
"I'll have been here seven years when this contract ends, but that isn't to say I want to go anywhere after. I'd love to finish my career here.
"The new owners really want to take this Club forward, and there has never been a better time to be at Loftus Road.
"Bernie and Flavio are very successful businessmen in their own right, and when they say they want to reach the Premiership, you've got to believe that will be the case.
Rowlands, who has already hit the back of the net twice this season, is enjoying life under the R's new First Team Coach, Luigi De Canio.
"It's been really impressive so far," he said. "Obviously there has been a language barrier, but he's overcoming it and before long it will not be an issue at all.
"He has brought a fresh approach with new ideas and all the lads are behind him." QPR

Daily Mail - Chelsea insist Sinclair will not be sold 7th November
Avram Grant is not prepared to sell teenage striker Scott Sinclair to QPR, despite allowing him to join on loan until December. Sinclair has found opportunities limited under the new boss but the 1-year-old is still highly rated at Stamford Bridge and has a future there. Mail

Birmingham Post/Mail - re Rowan Vine
"...The extension of striker Rowan Vine's loan at QPR for a further two months suggests Blues would sell him. Bruce added: "With regards to Viney, we do believe it's the right thing, especially as we've got Mikael Forssell back now after his hernia, as he just wants to play. We do have an instant recall on him, however." Report

QPR Official Site - EPHRAIM BACKS R'S
Hogan Ephraim has told www.qpr.co.uk that he fully understood Luigi De Canio's decision to bring in Scott Sinclair at his expense for Tuesday night's match against Coventry City.
The R's loanee, who has now returned to West Ham following the completion of his third month with the Club, was not involved against the Sky Blues as Football League rules state that only five loan players can be named in the 16-man squad.
With Michael Mancienne, Martin Cranie, Akos Buzsaky and Rowan Vine already in the side, De Canio opted for Sinclair as his fifth loan player to be involved.
"The manager explained to me that he didn't want Scott going into Saturday's derby match against Crystal Palace with no match experience as a QPR player," said Ephraim.
"I completely understood his decision. I wished the lads luck prior to kick off, and went into the stand to support the team.
"I thoroughly enjoyed my time at QPR. The fans were absolutely brilliant to play in front of, their support was first class. I can't speak highly enough of them.
"From a personal point of view, I feel I did well during my time at the Club, and feel it was of massive benefit to me as a player."
Reports in certain newspapers have suggested Ephraim reacted badly to the news of his exclusion, but that could not be further from the truth.
"I don't know where that has come from," added the 19 year-old, who scored twice during his spell in W12. "Anyone who knows me would know I wouldn't react like that. As I've said I enjoyed my time at QPR and can only say good things about the Club and its supporters." QPR

Blog Archive