QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, December 03, 2007

Baidoo Speaks...Doherty Almost Ready to Play...Tommy Williams Apologizes

-
BAIDOO SPEAKS
Kentonline - On loan Gills forward keen to prove a point
by Luke Cawdell


SHABAZZ BAIDOO is determined to get a place in Mark Stimson's side to show QPR boss Luigi De Canio what he is missing.
The on-loan striker's contract at Loftus Road expires at the end of the season and Baidoo knows he needs to impress.
Baidoo said: "I came on loan to get a few games and show what I can do. Things keep changing at QPR and there are different opinions all the time.
"I can't just be sitting there doing nothing. I'm 19 and getting older and I need more games.
"I want to show what I can do and hopefully go back to QPR and get a new contract."
Baidoo is keen to make his mark at Priestfield but knows competition for attacking places is fierce.
He added: "There's quite a few strikers here and I'll have to show what I can do and hopefully get into the side.
"I just need to wait to get my chance and when I do, I'll take it." Kentonline

Bucks Free Press -Williams is back onside after going AWOL
TOM Williams [PFA Player of the month in October]is back in contention for Tuesday's night's visit of Hereford United after apologising for going AWOL.
The summer signing stormed out of Adams Park when he learned he had been dropped for the previous home match against Lincoln City following his costly clanger in the FA Cup exit against Swindon.
He was then left out of the travelling party for last week's match at Darlington and looked to be heading for a move to one of his former clubs Peterborough United before Wanderers blocked the switch.
Now after face to face talks with Lambert, the 27-year-old former Cypriot international is back in the fold.
Lambert said: "I don't hold grudges. I just pick the team that I think will get us results. He has apologised and that's the end of it.
"It is done and dusted. He's available for the Hereford game alongside everyone else."...
The game has also come a week too soon for last year's Player of the Year.
Tommy Doherty has played a couple of reserve matches but Wanderers won't rush him back into first team action just yet because they don't want to risk him suffering
any setbacks and being ruled out of the hectic Christmas programme."Bucks Free Press

Blog Archive