QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, December 01, 2007

John Curtis on His QPR Experience...Langley on Luton's Problems...Cook's Hard Recovery Process

-
ICONS John Curtis I just want to play
Things haven't really moved on for me with the arrival of the new management team and it still doesn't look like I'm getting into the squad anytime soon.
I don't have to tell you how frustrating it all is because I've made it clear many times that all I want to do is play football. That's what it's all about. You don't follow this career because you want to have a kick around in training and pick up your wages.
I am passionate about football, I love the game and I know I've got quite a few years left in me. All I ask is that I'm given a chance to prove what I can do. I think my past record speaks for itself and I have total confidence that I can do a job for any team.
The difficulty for me is that the man who brought me to QPR has gone and the people who have come in since then have their own ideas about who and how they want to play. I'd still love to be given the opportunity to perform at Loftus Road, but obviously if that isn't going to happen I'll have to look at my options.
The team is playing pretty well, although we are struggling for consistency and I believe I could help tighten us up a bit. I'd love to be handed that chance and because of being out of the squad for so long there wouldn't be any question about my commitment.
The lads had a setback last week and it's a six-pointer against Blackpool this weekend who are a place above us. A win would take us out of the relegation zone. We have to travel away and we haven't the best record on the road. We've given away a few too many goals away from home and that has to stop before we can turn around.
Curtis/Icons

ICONS RICHARD LANGLEY Anything Leeds can do...
Luton going into administration and being deducted ten points is a big disappointment. But we have the talent to get ourselves out of trouble again. It's been a tough week with all the other things that have happened as well.
It's a blow, but it is the best thing for the long term future of the club. It simply means we are going to have to pull together more than ever. There's a great bunch of lads here. I'm sure they will show what they're made of in adversity.
This is a moment when the more experienced players will be really important to help bring us all together and forge the sort of spirit that can take us back up the table. We're not even half way through the season. There's plenty of time for us.
Losing these ten points shouldn't be the be all and end all of the season. There's no way we will roll over. We know that's three wins and a draw more we need than we needed before.
Leeds have shown you can bounce back. If we can show strength in these trying times it will make us better and stronger in the future. The gaffer will be telling the lads this isn't a time to be feeling sorry for ourselves, but a time to dig deep and play the football we are capable of.
We need to show that against Southend on Saturday. It will be a chance for the lads to prove this won't knock them down. It won't be easy because Southend are a very good side. We've been very strong at home though. Points on Saturday and then a massive push to improve our away form is what's wanted.
I wish I could be available to help the lads on the pitch but I'm right in the middle rehab for my knee injury. I'll be jogging in a couple of weeks. Although I feel I can push on a bit faster I'm taking the medical advice and going at the recommended pace. I should be fit by February. By then I expect the lads to have already pushed us up the table into safety agai. Langley/Icons

ICONS Recent Lee Cook/Icons on his injury recovery -
"The last two weeks have seen a massive improvement in my recovery from injury and if all goes well I'll be back in training in two to three weeks.
I've been on the treadmill a lot recently wearing a harness that takes ten per cent of my body weight off and today was the first time that I ran without it. Next week I'll be out running on the pitch.
I've been doing a bit of ballwork outside, only 30-yard passes, but the next stage is doing the twisting, turning and sprinting. When I can do that pain-free I can get back into training and setting myself the target of being how I was before I got injured. And I hope to be in that situation at Christmas.
I did my cruciate once before and I was out for seven months, but this has been much worse. That time I knew I was out for a long time but this time I thought I was only going to be out for six weeks and it's turned out to be six months.
Mentally, it's been the hardest time of my career. But I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now and I'm looking forward to getting through it and playing again soon...." Cook/Icons "Toughest Time of my Career"

ALSO:

Dexter Blackstock/Icons on Stoke Game

Recent Mark Bircham Icons Entry

Blog Archive