QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stan Bowles Criticizes QPR's Owners

-
Stan Bowles' Perspective - At least, according to the Sunday People!

Sunday People/Peter Ward - 28 September 2008 - TIGHT Rs BLASTED
EXCLUSIVE
QPR legend Stan Bowles has branded the club's billionaire owners skinflints after being sidelined from his hospitality role.
"Billionaires? They're tighter than a coat of paint," said Bowles, 59, once voted Loftus Road's greatest ever player.
Rangers are owned by Formula One big wheels Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, and Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal.
Bowles said: "On the last day of last season Iwas asked on the pitch to draw a raffle. Then I was told there was no budget left to pay me.
"This season I was asked to unveil the new mascot, which was a man dressed up as a furry aeroplane - I suspect he was on more money than I was.
"I was handed £100 which didn't even cover my train fare"
He was due to act as a club ambassador again - but says the club have never got back to him. Sunday People

Blog Archive