QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Return of Akos Buzsaky

Sky Sports/Juha Pal - Buzsaky pleased to be back
Hungarian ace hoping to lead promotion charge

Queens Park Rangers playmaker Akos Buzsaky is relishing the prospect of helping the club into the Premier League.
The Hungarian midfielder has only recently returned from a long-term injury, but is hoping to play his part over the course of the current campaign.
Rangers have suffered back-to-back defeats in recent weeks but remain well placed to mount a promotion bid this term.
Buzsaky was involved in the 2-0 loss to Derby on Saturday, but is just happy to be back playing again and expects results to improve.
"It was a great thing for me to feel the atmosphere of a game," he told Nemzeti Sport.
"My injured knee is perfect now. I have a little problem with my stamina but it's better than a couple of weeks ago, it will take time until I reach my old physical condition.
"Maybe it sounds strange but I feel I have been lucky. I was injured in March and while I have been recovering there has been a summer break so I was only without football for two-and-a-half months and have returned early in the new season."
QPR appointed Iain Dowie as their new boss while Buzsaky was out of action, but the 26-year-old is confident he can impress the former Crystal Palace coach.
"It's a great challenge for me," he added.
"I'll prove that I am a decent footballer as I cannot afford to miss any more opportunities to help my development.
"There are 10 midfielders at the club, and they have only signed good players, but I believe our squad should finish in the top four and challenge for promotion."
Buzsaky was also keen to play down reports that he had been attacked by Plymouth supporters after going to watch his former club in action against Reading on 16th August.
"That is not true," he said.
"I watched the game sat with the supporters. Some drunken fans picked a fight with me but the worst they did was swear - there was no assaulting.
"I was advised to leave the stadium 10 minutes early in order to avoid conflict and I walked away on my own."
Sky Sports

Blog Archive